Idea Reward for the diggers with work ethic

Charlesman30

Sea Legs
By God I know there are some people out there who have constantly and consistently dug numerous times in order to find a beta key and have come up empty. I'm pretty sure the developers are able to see how many times someone has dug. If they can't, then RIP. But if they can, I think they should give beta keys out to the top 100, 50, 25, or 10 people who have dug the most times (who haven't gotten a beta key). I know for sure that if those people never get beta keys for the many hours they spent digging, this game will leave a bad taste in their mouth. They might as well get rewarded for work ethic since it's such a great quality to have!

Your suggestion sounds nice, but keep in mind that those people are deciding to spend their 3 hours digging instead of playing the actual game. Rewarding them for basically wasting their own playtime, time to explore the game and not enjoying the many aspects of it is a bit wrong.

Your suggestion sounds nice, but keep in mind that those people are deciding to spend their 3 hours digging instead of playing the actual game. Rewarding them for basically wasting their own playtime, time to explore the game and not enjoying the many aspects of it is a bit wrong.

Rewarding beta keys for digging is ridiculous in my eyes as well, yet it's by far the most efficient. I can dig 4 times for every enemy I kill (unless I kill all level 1's, but that is as wasteful as digging and is slightly slower), so that's a 300% in chances to get a beta key. Time slots are inconvenient for my sporadic work schedule so that is why I'm spending every time slot digging for beta keys.

Rewarding beta keys for digging is ridiculous in my eyes as well, yet it's by far the most efficient. I can dig 4 times for every enemy I kill (unless I kill all level 1's, but that is as wasteful as digging and is slightly slower), so that's a 300% in chances to get a beta key. Time slots are inconvenient for my sporadic work schedule so that is why I'm spending every time slot digging for beta keys.
I think it'd be better if they gave out two types of keys on each server; keys from digging, and keys from looting because as it is nobody tries to get a key from looting as digging is undeniably more efficient to dig and it's not like it'd be handing out keys like candy since as far as I know it's very rare to get beta keys from looting. Plus it'd be rewarding people who are actually doing quests and defeating bosses which is a nice bonus.

Last edited:
Back