Richard's rise to Piracy

Richard Cannonwalker

Notorious Pirate
Richard, a pirate who has inspired many with his rebellious and youthful actions all across the oceans. Have you ever wondered how he became a pirate?

Richard grew up in a small farm on Tortuga, with one brother named Victor. Richard and Victor's father was a farmer, and not a very good one at that. Richard's mother died when he was very young, so he relied on his father's budget for two to feed him, his brother, and himself. Food was very competitive, and since Victor had tricks to getting this stuff, Victor would usually eat more meat than Richard. Richard credits his rough childhood and multiple meals of Sauerkraut and slightly-colored water to his rough nature. When Richard's father, Christopher, took his rare trip to the Faithful Bride, he would take Richard in hopes that Richard would understand the nature of the chaotic island he lived on better. Christopher was a hard-working father, who tried to give Richard and Victor all the luxuries their friends had on the island. One day, Richard and Victor turned 13, which in Christopher's eyes, was old enough to start working. Christopher talked with one of his friends down at the dock, nicknamed Patchy because he lost both his eyesight and wears eye-patches over both. Patchy agreed to give Richard a job shrimping with him. Victor got a job fishing for food. Both jobs had very small progress, much like Christopher's' did. One day while Richard was working, Patchy added 5 minutes to his lunch break, which gave him a grand total of 20 minutes for lunch. Richard sat on the dock and ate his lunch. He saw a man and girl. He recognized the man as one of his own father's regular customers. The girl, who seemed to be a year or so older than Richard, seemed very nice to him. Richard felt his tum' wiggle beyond his ability to control this as he saw her. Richard had never felt this way before about anybody. As the man and the girl walked away, Richard felt a light thump on the back of his head. He turned around, and saw Patchy. "Back to work kid," Patchy said. Richard was unsure how Patchy could see, being blind in both eyes. Richard finished his 10-hour workday, and went home. While the small family discussed their days over their usual dinner of Sauerkraut and slightly discolored water, Richard spoke about his thoughts. "I saw Mr. Whitey and a desirable young woman about my age near him, and she made my stomach feel weird." Richard said. "Oh Richard, I must not have talked to you about this. We can talk about this after dinner." Christopher said. "Speaking of females, anything new about your thoughts, Victor?" Christopher asked. "Not really." Victor replied. The next day during Richard's lunch break, he saw that girl again. Richard decided to introduce himself. He stood up, and followed her. "Hello miss?" Richard asked. The girl turned around and looked at Richard. "Hello. Were you referring to me?" She asked. Richard froze up. "Um, uh, um.... yes." Richard nervously said. "Did you need something?" She responded. "Uh, um.... I am um.....Richard." Richard said nervously. "I am Samantha." She said. "Oh, that's a very beautiful name." Richard said. She giggled. Richard thought he had no chance, with him having not bathed in a long time due to lack of water, and being poor, while she was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen, and had grown up with all the privileges Richard dreamed of. Richard somehow got himself to ask her if she wanted to fish with him later in the night, because he wasn't sure what to do. She accepted his offer, and they fished at the docks later that night. Christopher came down to the docks because he didn't know where Richard was. When Christopher was about to open his mouth, he saw Richard and this girl fishing and talking together, and decided to be quiet. After a while of talking, Samantha pulled Richard in close and kissed him. It was quick, but it was lips-to-lips, and it felt real. Samantha said her goodbye, and left....

I'll add more later :)

Richard went home for the night after that fishing trip, having caught nothing. Richard's father, Christopher, waited at the door for him the entire night. When Richard returned, his father had a small smirk on his face. "Richard, I saw you with Mr. Whitey's daughter at the dock tonight. Can you tell me anything about that?" Christopher asked. Richard was speechless. He was unsure if his father would be happy about it. "Uh... well, I felt an urge to spend time with her, and invited her to go... fishing?" Richard questionably stated. "Richard, let me talk to about the bees and the bi---Dad, i'm only thirteen!" Richard interrupted his father. "Well, you know. Just don't be doing that stuff to her, or i'll lose a valuable customer in Mr. Whitey. And you know that I rely on Mr. Whitey for a huge portion of my income. You understand?" Christopher asked Richard. "Yeah, I understand. I just want to hang out with her right now." Richard responded. They went to bed for the night. Early in the morning, Richard heard a knock on the door. Richard slumped out of bed and answered the door. It was Samantha. "Samantha? It's so early. What's wrong?" Richard asked her, rubbing his eyes. Samantha looked as if she was about to cry. "My father left! He said he was going to pursue his dream of becoming a pirate." She said. She ran up and hugged Richard, crying very heavily. "A Pirate? What is a Pirate? I've only heard of Pirates, and don't actually know what they are." Richard said. "Pirates are filthy scum that steal everything and become rich off of it." Samantha said, still crying. "Rich?" Richard thought to himself. Richard imagined the possibilities. Swimming in piles of gold, being able to buy anything you wanted. "That sounds like a nice life." Richard said. "WHAT?!" Samantha shouted. Richard knew he was in trouble. "How could being a pirate be a good life?! You just steal things from hard-working people and become rich off of it!" Samantha yelled. It is said that Samantha slapped Richard so hard that it could heard everywhere, from Cuba to Kingshead. Richard fell to one knee, in absolute shock. Samantha began to storm off. Richard was very angry with himself. "Wait!" Richard yelled out of desperation. But it was too late for Richard's hopes. Samantha had become too angry with him to speak. Richard was crying, because he loved her very much....

Lol everytime I go fishing I catch nothing as well. One time I actually hooked a swordfish though but I was to young to real it in so I lost my fishing pol cause it overpowered me lol

Back