Discussion ROGUE ONE

Captn Jaq

Notorious Pirate

should vader be seen in a trailer or only in the film? .. or should he be present at all?

and.. what ever happened to the expanded universe? did Disney seriously scrap it or slyly taking bits and pieces for they won't have to pay royalties??

one aspect that's perking my interests is how the SW Universe is going to be conveyed. using Episodes 4, 5, and 6 as the present. We've seen how the past and future look like. the prequels didn't set entirely right with me. and SW:TFA seemed to do it well. and from Rogue One, a couple of points gave me goosebumps: 1) Mon Mothma in the dark strategy room and 2) the empire alarm with classic troopers running round.

Last edited:
From what I've seen, it looks to be set in the original trilogy times, as opposed to the new. Maybe at around the 4th or 6th episode, due to them getting the Death Star plans, and because it shows the Death Star being constructed.

I think Vader should only be seen in the movie, or in the last trailer they release, like they did with Han and Chewbacca.

Maybe towards the end of the trailer when it's all quiet, and you hear his breathing, and then James Earl Jones saying a few things.

Back