Request Sailing

RomanSpartan

Honorable Pirate
I have noticed that sailing is a pain to level up. Based on research I have done over the past few days, you get around 20-35 xp towards sailing if you sink a ship-of-the-line or a bounty hunter ship. To reach level 14 in sailing, you need around 2500 xp, meaning you need to sink around 125 ships.

That’s a lot.

please raise the amount of xp you get!

Last I checked, the amount of EXP you get is dependent on how long it takes you to destroy your target. If you're doing it with a full crew using maxed fury who are just tearing everything apart, you're going to get a very small amount of reputation. Sail with relatively low-level crews and check around Kingshead, Padres, and Tormenta for huge groups of high level ships. Gather them all up, then have at it. Then when your loot is full (meaning only loot pouches, chests, skull chests, and royals) port and go out again so you don't need to worry about Hunters or Warships. Far more productive in my experience, and it's how I progressed quickly.

Aye I attack them by myself, only broadsides, and I still get a small amount of xp at a time :/

them = bounty hunter ships

Edit: I can try attacking non bounty hunter/ship-of-the-line...ships

Aye I attack them by myself, only broadsides, and I still get a small amount of xp at a time :/

them = bounty hunter ships
Don't go after Bounty Hunter ships. Material runs are eventually necessary, but they take a very long time, offer little in the way of reputation, and unless you're joining a Pirate Fleet that is currently circling large numbers of them, they are not very productive for training sailing. You're far better off gathering clusters of normal ships and sinking them yourself. Check the areas I mentioned.

Don't go after Bounty Hunter ships. Material runs are eventually necessary, but they take a very long time, offer little in the way of reputation, and unless you're joining a Pirate Fleet that is currently circling large numbers of them, they are not very productive for training sailing. You're far better off gathering clusters of normal ships and sinking them yourself. Check the areas I mentioned.
Thanks for the info, I’ll be sure to do that!

I think it all depends on how much you like sailing really, in my mind 125 ships would go down very quickly but I guess there are players that will never sink that many ships. I’ve never had trouble lvling sailing as I just love it and can’t get enough of it, lol. I had much more trouble with potions and cannon than I did with sailing.

I think it all depends on how much you like sailing really, in my mind 125 ships would go down very quickly but I guess there are players that will never sink that many ships. I’ve never had trouble lvling sailing as I just love it and can’t get enough of it, lol. I had much more trouble with potions and cannon than I did with sailing.
I hate sailing! Edit: I hate sailing when I am trying to level up sailing.

You don't need to attack hunters till you have a warship. Entirely a waste of time when you can be attacking other ships to get the same rep much faster. Never really had an issue leveling sailing..

My strategy for sailing is using quests from the Black Pearl storyline as an excuse to go out and sink some ships - corralling half a dozen normal ships and looping them until they die is effective in grinding sailing up to level 15.

It's not lightning fast, but it makes it less of "going out of your way" to level sailing.

You don't need to attack hunters till you have a warship. Entirely a waste of time when you can be attacking other ships to get the same rep much faster. Never really had an issue leveling sailing..
Yes, attacking hunters and sotl with a small ship is not going to end well, at best it will eat up your time. They are just too slow to defeat for them to be a good source of rep.

My strategy for sailing is using quests from the Black Pearl storyline as an excuse to go out and sink some ships - corralling half a dozen normal ships and looping them until they die is effective in grinding sailing up to level 15.

It's not lightning fast, but it makes it less of "going out of your way" to level sailing.
Ended up gathering some juggernauts and behemoths and I got some good rep from that!

I’ve been in their firing arc and it’s not that bad :/

What IS bad is being in a firing arc of a bounty hunter war galleon. That’s some scary stuff!

I’ve been in their firing arc and it’s not that bad :/

What IS bad is being in a firing arc of a bounty hunter war galleon. That’s some scary stuff!
Lol, you obviously don’t know your stuff in that regard, bounty hunters and all war gallons in the game are weak sauce. In terms of ships with the ability to one shot you there’s:
  1. The Corsair
  2. The Juggernaut
  3. The Battle Royal
  4. The Cerberus
  5. Several Fleet ships, the exact ones I’m not sure but I think Tyrant and at least one each of the Navy and EITC SOTL maybe more?

Back