Savvy Safety Reminder for All Pirates (12/18/12)

jzfredskins

Wiki Staff
A savvy reminder, mates, that Disney GMs will never ask for your account information or your personal information in the game.​
Even if someone acting like an official Disney Game Master promises you “rewards” – like weapons, clothing, Notoriety, or Unlimited Access – DO NOT be tricked.​
Keep your account and personal info safe and private by following these rules:​
  • Never give out your Account ID or passwords
  • Never share your personal information with anyone
  • Never use your username or password on fan sites, online forums, or any applications outside of Pirates Online
Giving out your account information will result in your Pirate being stolen, a ban, and likely termination of your account.
No one wants to lose all the time and effort spent building up a mighty Pirate.​
Accounts terminated for hacking or sharing personal information will not be reinstated.
NOTE: Pirates Online will only ever contact you through our official Pirates Online Member Services e-mail addresses, MemberServices@PiratesOnline.com or Billing@PiratesOnline.com, or over the telephone.​
blog_07_14.png
Mark ye well:
ALL Pirates are expected to follow the Pirates Online Code of Conduct here.
This includes not asking other Pirates for their account and personal information, or manipulating Pirates Online’s program (or telling other Pirates how to do so), in order to change the way Pirates Online behaves.​
Pirates that don't follow these rules can be removed from the game, in some cases permanently.​
Contact Us here to report anyone asking for your account information, password, personal information, or ways to contact you outside of the game.​
If you are unsure of a situation, just grab a parent for help.​
Sail safely, mates, and treat yer account information like the secret treasure it is!

Yes, please Never give your information out.
Today I'm really missing my friends, who "lost" their accts last week after giving their information to someone.
Dylan Tetil, Bartholomew Seascarlett, and Hector Darkspinner who was my longest friend of 2 years, gone.:sad1:

I tried to "thank" them on the Grog Blog. ;) *Hopefully they are brought to the realization that we appreciate them and their bold intolerance towards these issues...

Back