Ship Customization Tips and Tricks

DA Red Beard

Honorable Pirate
Fill up completely with Royal Treasure First

This is a way I found to maximize both Gold and Materials from a materials run. This works best with a full crew (12 people on a War Class Ship), but can be achieved with a smaller crew. First, plunder as usual and use any Treasure Sense items that are available to you (i.e. Golden Charm, Mutineer's Charm, etc..). You will probably get to the Hunter Scoundrel level before you fill up with Royals. This is ok, just skip sinking the Hunter at this point and continue to sink War Class Enemy Ships as fast a possible. You will take a bit of damage dodging the Hunter, however, with a good repair crew this will not be an issue. Once you have earned the max amount of Royal Chest you can carry, you can then start on the Hunters. The reason for filling up with Royals first, is because when you start working on the Hunters and Warships, you will slowly push out all of your treasure and replace it with ship materials. However, you will not lose the gold from the Royals that you push out!! (refer to the last screen shot of this post for confirmation)

Customization1.jpg

At Full Scoundrel level, take the sails off of the Hunter Ship Only!!!

Once you have reached Full Scoundrel level and you have both the Hunter Ship and Warship coming after you, take the sails off of the Hunter Ship Only. DO NOT SINK THE HUNTER SHIP. With the sails off of the Hunter Ship, you only have to deal with sinking the Warship at this point. Keep in mind the Hunter Ship will continue to move slowly, but with careful steering and keeping a good distance, you can avoid stray fire from the Hunter with ease.

Customization2.jpg

Customization3.jpg

Cashing in!!!

After you have received your crews desired amount of ship materials, it is time to cash in!!! If you will notice in the High Seas Adventure Results screen shot after we ported, there is gold from "Your Plunder Share" (in this case 1790 gold), and "Gold Taken From Loot" (1885 gold). The "Gold Taken From Loot" includes the previous Royal Chest we plundered in the beginning of our run even though we pushed them out with Materials Chest!!! This is why it is important to fill up with as many Royals as you can before you sink any Hunters. The gold total from this particular run was 3675 gold!!!!!!!!! In addition to the awesome gold haul, we had a great materials plunder as well.

Customization4.jpg

Customization5.jpg

Just a Reminder

It is VERY IMPORTANT to take part in the repairing of the ship. Damage is going to be taken on runs like this, and more important than a good Captain and good Cannoneers is a GREAT repair crew. On this particular run we had a crew of 12, so naturally not everybody was able to shoot. That is ok. If you are unable to find an open cannon, I would suggest that you repair the ship. Repairing isn't fun (for some pirates), but it is a necessity when making a materials run like this. With this crew, we worked repairing in shifts. Someone would ask to gun and more often than not, a gunner would give up his/her cannon and start repairing. This worked out beautiful for our crew. Everybody was able to gun and take part in repairing. After all, if you don't make it back to shore, you don't get to keep what you worked so hard to get. I was repairing most of the time on this run and still ended up with both GREAT gold and materials. (I actually like to repair...)

I hope this guide helps you to better plunder the seas and maximize both your gold haul and your materials haul. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Happy Plundering Mates!!!!!!!

Can someone explain how the materials thing works to me. And nice tip of taking off the sails.

Ye need to sink ships to get materials. A regular materials chest can be found on any ship. The chance is lower on non-warships. A rare materials chest can be found on a warship class ship. Again the chance is low. Bountyhunters guarantee a regular materials chest when sunk. A bountyhunter warship guarantees a rare materials chest.

Canvas, iron and pine are found in both regular and rare materials chests. Silk, oak and steel are only found in rare material chests. I verified this on test and live to be true.

I boarded ships which were on rare material runs. I was aboard only to receive rare material chests. Upon port I discovered regular and rare materials in chests.

Aye, great tips, which really works! :)

The only problem I often have, is when someone or more ppl just dont want repair ship. Plus it makes me very angry if they are low level, they dont listen orders, and even they are afk on cannon! :daggermouth: Sadly they dont want to leave, and I cant boot them. Boot someone from not svs ship could be very useful.
Thats why I dont open ship to public anymore.

The only problem I often have, is when someone or more ppl just dont want repair ship. Plus it makes me very angry if they are low level, they dont listen orders, and even they are afk on cannon! :daggermouth: Sadly they dont want to leave, and I cant boot them. Boot someone from not svs ship could be very useful.

Aye, I think thats a problem we all have had. That is the million dollar question, will this crew repair or not? Unfortunately in my experience with opening up my ship to the public, more often than not the crew will not repair and almost demand that you land when you are not ready to land. I have had the luck to land with a good group of pirate friends that are able to fill up a ship with materials with no problems at all. If you are having this problem too, perhaps we can get a good crew together to obtain materials and do some grand plundering.

If "anyone" feels as if they will be plundering on the high seas & need either (1.) a repairer, or (2.) a cannoneer...please let me know (in some way) here on the forums! I love to do both :D.

*As Redbeard had mentioned, shooting the SAILS first off the Hunters (then focusing on the Warships) "works" as I have recently experienced this in a very good crew!!!

i agree angel, to open your ship to the public on live is a waste of time, 9 out of 10 times you get a ship full of useless pirates. i never do that anymore, but we have a great guild so i wait for a crew of guildies and friends before i go looting. a crew of 5 to 7 savvy pirates can max out ship materials every time with ease. gods speed good hunting.

Very good tips!
I will have to try this now that I know the way of getting gold and Materials!
Thank you for the good tips!

Back