Ship Customization ~ Will it "test" yer ability as Captain or cannoneer?

S

Shamus The Brute

"A good objective of leadership is to help those who are doing poorly to do well & to help those who are doing well to do even better." - Jim Rohn
Ahoy mates ~:arrrrr:

In light of "ship customization" finally on live, have ye gave much thought yet into the idea that yer own skills as CAPTAIN &/or CANNONEER may very well be tested like never before? (Afterall, how well ye experience this 'exciting' change determines how well ye can acquire additional gold or customization-related materials from the sea).

Not having customized my own ship yet, a common theme which I seem to understand so far is that ship customization is going to be VERY expensive (even for the most seasoned of pirates).

Oye! I do not mean to overstate the obvious here :rolleyes:. However, I encourage everyone whom calls them self pirate to plan a "strategy" which will assist in having the best customization experience ever!!!

Below, I have included basic suggestions which may help ye have the most productive experience while at sea. *Please offer your own suggestions as well, as what I am including is considered "common knowledge."

For cannoneering :cannon:
  • Maximize your cannon ammo before you abandon land.
  • Teleport to a "public," WAR class ship where a large crew is onboard, ship's health is in good standing, & cargo hold is almost full (if ship ports, then Captain will more than likely launch again).
  • Following rule above, whisper to Captain & ask (during non-battle periods) how well his/her "treasure sense" skill is & also if you can be crewed.
  • Use your best cannon ram.
  • If Captain is good & on War Frigate (Brig too?), he/she will face nose of ship towards enemy ship and keep the gears in reverse. *Jump on front cannons to ensure yourself receiving the most opportunity for shots fired.
  • Do NOT teleport away from ship until ship ports. *You will lose out on cargo (lol...this is obvious, I know).
For sailing as Captain ;) :
  • Launch from Padres; open ship to public & position your ship between Kingshead and Padres (common location for 'big rep' ships).
  • Use your best sailing chart/charm
  • Welcome everyone/congratulate your "crew" for a job well-done (Remain a positive leader).
  • While your crew is sinking a ship, rotate the camera around...expanding your view & looking for the NEXT ship you would like to encounter.
  • Call out to crew before-hand concerning which cannons, side of ship, & name of enemy ship you would most like to encounter.
  • Always keep your attention focused on your compass & be aware of Bounty hunters.
  • Be a good leader; Be firm but also...be kind.
  • Be patient. Also, communicate with your crew your intentions. The sharing of information is key to a "effective & productive" happy crew :D .
Hope this information helps. Like I said...it's a bit "common knowledge," lol.

Back