Ship Upgrade Advice

Inferno

Buccaneer
Ok so I have a question... So I am having a tough time deciding what to do with my ships at the moment and I was wondering what you guys thought about it. I currently have a level 4 skull and bones war brig but I think I am going to switch it to copperhead. But the real problem is I have a level 3 streamlined war frigate and also a level 3 streamlined war sloop. What should I do with them?

Ultimately it's your decision. :D

If it were up to me, and assuming you are upgrading based on statistical benefits, I'd leave the War Brig as Skull and Bones, that way you can enjoy having the speed and handling of the Brig class while still having generous armor bonuses and Fury broadsides. While Copperhead grants more health, it'd suit the War Frigate a bit more in my opinion, whereas with your War Brig, you'd have (slightly) less overall health than a similar Copperhead War Frigate and would lose a chunk of your speed advantage over other ships.

Note: This is just a single opinion. ;)

Last edited:
I would personally not switch the War Brig over to Copperhead. Copperhead you get more armor but then you are losing speed. I suppose it depends what you intend on using the War Brig for. If it is for, say, constant plunder runs then I would consider switching over to Fortune Hunter and get even more cargo space. (I assume if you can switch over from Skulls to Copper that you can also switch over to Fortune since Skulls and Fortune share the cargo track)

I would leave the switch, should you decide to do so, for later. I would upgrade the other ships. I assume you might be looking to do some SvS with one of those and I would want to make sure I have one that is built quite well.

Back