Question Should I Keep Hex Shot?

Simon Daggerhawk

Wanted Pirate
I'm almost to level 20 gun, and whenever I get to level 20 anything, I retrain that weapon to be more specialized and more useful.

I plan to get rid of poison and bane shot, but should I also get rid of Hex shot? I mean, I know it only takes two shots on a gypsy to remove all their voodo, but doll enemies aren't overly common, nor are their attacks overly annoying. I mean, even if they use grace shackles, you have a ranged weapon to shoot them with.

Tell me what you think.

I might be mistaken as I only passingly noted it in combat, but even when I reduced a gypsy's voodoo to "0" ... They seem to still be attacking me with voodoo attacks normally. I didn't think much of it at the time... Just switched ammo. That being said, you are correct. Their attacks are not overly annoying and at least for now. They stand nice and still when attacking, making them easy targets. I'm almost level 47 and still will usually attack them in groups of twos and threes and they still don't cause me too much grief with my regeneration level. When working properly, I think every ability has it's uses... We all have differing combat styles after all. But hex shot does seem to be included in a secondary category when it comes to importance. I mastered the gun a couple of days ago and frankly, I don't use that any more. As you say, depending on our combat style, we all retrain our offensive weapons to be more specialized according to our tastes and preferences so they are most effective for our combat style. Good fortune and safe travels, 'til next we meet!

It doesn't matter honestly, it's best to get a repeater with infinite ammo type(bane,silver,steel are best) and just max out that one ammo type, and all the other passive ones.

So at first when I did have my gun as a low level, I just used normal shot, because the hex and others didn't really give me higher damage on other enemies, so I just saved my skill points and waited for silver shot and steel so I could max those. But I feel like if you want to do it you should, there is multiple ways to level a gun.

The only ammo types needed are lead, silver and steel. Lead is only needed to start out, then becomes useless except when out of ammo. Silver works much better against gypsies and the undead in general, and steel works against anything living better than any other ammo type. Venom, bane and hex are only there, like many options in the game, to get you to spend a skill point needlessly.

Back