Question Sid Meiers' Pirates anyone?

This game is what really got me into pirate stuff. It has dueling, ship battles, dancing for women where of course you wanted the most attractive one :] You would go plundering for a while, go into port and sell your loot, then you would have to share the money with your crew. You could also upgrade your ship and a whole bunch of other stuff.

This was one of my first pirate games. It predates POTCO and definitely is one of my all time favorite games. I have it on Steam and occasionally play it when I'm looking for something to do.

I'm still trying to find Montelban... I think my furthest save is glitched as I cannot find his fort, even with a completed map.

Seems like an interesting game, but what I always felt was missing from most pirate games were realistic elements. They over glorify everything and make it feel too cinematic. I would love to see a Witcher-esque Pirate game offering the all-around rawness and completeness the Witcher series has (TW3, to be specific).

I'd give anything for a true Pirate experience with a massive open world, a good story (multiple narratives, decision making, different endings), realistic conditions, large scale ship battles with large crews, more real life elements and more pirate-y additions like (not sure if I'm allowed to say this - gonna attempt to PG-word it) pleasure houses and a wider range of inappropriate vocabulary.

But regardless of my ideas above, I'm going to play it and see for myself - the Steam reviews have gotten me interested.

This was one of my first pirate games. It predates POTCO and definitely is one of my all time favorite games. I have it on Steam and occasionally play it when I'm looking for something to do.

I'm still trying to find Montelban... I think my furthest save is glitched as I cannot find his fort, even with a completed map.
One of my all time favorites too.

Seems like an interesting game, but what I always felt was missing from most pirate games were realistic elements. They over glorify everything and make it feel too cinematic. I would love to see a Witcher-esque Pirate game offering the all-around rawness and completeness the Witcher series has (TW3, to be specific).

I'd give anything for a true Pirate experience with a massive open world, a good story (multiple narratives, decision making, different endings), realistic conditions, large scale ship battles with large crews, more real life elements and more pirate-y additions like (not sure if I'm allowed to say this - gonna attempt to PG-word it) pleasure houses and a wider range of inappropriate vocabulary.

But regardless of my ideas above, I'm going to play it and see for myself - the Steam reviews have gotten me interested.
Yeah true. Pirates does have a story though. In most ways pirates is more realistic than POTCO.

OH you can also attack enemy nations towns and forts. Once you siege down a city your nation takes control. That was kinda cool to me. Your more like a privateer in this game.

This was also my first pirate game. Loved it and still occasionally play it when I'm feeling nostalgic or just want to have some fun. I moved on to The Patrician from there.

Back