Question Skins and Decals

Fr34kC0d3r

Pirate Apprentice
This is a question for the LOTPO staff. Are you planning on keeping the original skins/decals (or whatever you call them) or can we expect HD versions to come out eventually? I was thinking that if this game is to appeal to new players it might need to be cleaned up a little while obviously staying true to the original POTCO. Is it possible that in the future the staff might reach out to artists to remake the skins/decals in a more modern/HD way?

I'm really interested to see what the lotpo team has to say about this ;)

Seriously though, I don't think this is something the devs will be doing when there are so many more important things to be added/fixed in the game

I'm really interested to see what the lotpo team has to say about this ;)

Seriously though, I don't think this is something the devs will be doing when there are so many more important things to be added/fixed in the game

Right, I was thinking this (if even) would happen in MUCH later stages of development. I was just kinda throwing it out there that in the future improving the models might make the game more appealing.

I personally like the way the game is now. Maybe brighten up some of the features or clean up the edges here and there, but for the most part it has a classic feel to it that I like and that we all associate with the game. People don't normally play a Nintendo game and complained about the graphics, because that's what adds to the feel of the game. I think the same can be said for POTCO/TLOPO :)

I personally like the way the game is now. Maybe brighten up some of the features or clean up the edges here and there, but for the most part it has a classic feel to it that I like and that we all associate with the game. People don't normally play a Nintendo game and complained about the graphics, because that's what adds to the feel of the game. I think the same can be said for POTCO/TLOPO :)

Then again most people arnt trying to remake a Nintendo game.

Then again most people arnt trying to remake a Nintendo game.
The goal of the TLOPO team is to recreate the game to an equal or greater degree ("greater" being bug fixes and other polishes). Therefore, the integrity and originality of the game are being closely preserved - so they won't be adding anything new unless the content is unreleased material in the phase files.

The goal of the TLOPO team is to recreate the game to an equal or greater degree ("greater" being bug fixes and other polishes). Therefore, the integrity and originality of the game are being closely preserved - so they won't be adding anything new unless the content is unreleased material in the phase files.

True but dont you think like I said earlier that a more modern touch will bring in more new players thus preserving TLOPO for the future? Im sure that we all cant be around in the future so dosnt it make sense to indoctrinate a new generation of TLOPO players?

True but dont you think like I said earlier that a more modern touch will bring in more new players thus preserving TLOPO for the future? Im sure that we all cant be around in the future so dosnt it make sense to indoctrinate a new generation of TLOPO players?
You're thinking long-term. That's wonderful. ;) I am glad that someone else other than myself is pushing for the community's success long-term.

As was and has been previously mentioned (both here and elsewhere), TLOPO is focusing upon certain things and until the remake itself achieves full-launch chances are slim to none that other ideas which go beyond that scope won't be implemented. You do deserve recognition (in my opinion) however for thinking outside-of-the-box and this remains especially true given short v.s. long-term strategic thinking. :high5:

I like the original skins the best
This is a question for the LOTPO staff. Are you planning on keeping the original skins/decals (or whatever you call them) or can we expect HD versions to come out eventually? I was thinking that if this game is to appeal to new players it might need to be cleaned up a little while obviously staying true to the original POTCO. Is it possible that in the future the staff might reach out to artists to remake the skins/decals in a more modern/HD way?
How's this? ;) (Still not perfect quick mockup)
pier_wood1.jpg
pier_wood1.jpg

Back