Suggestion Social media

IcedSh0rtDuck

Dockworker
Twitter/Reddit/Instagram/YouTube/Twitch (or some form of streaming platform) are practically essential for growth in community development, I've noticed that y'all already have a twitter and a YouTube but they aren't regularly updating it. Through these service you can easily promote the game and peek player interest via a more accessible form of communication with the community and will allow you to tease upcoming events or other development features. With twitch (or another streaming platform, although I do recommend twitch for its the biggest of platforms and would be easier for you to reach a broader audience, you can also stream on multiple platforms) and YouTube any revenue made from these platforms you can use towards development of the game. Through these forms of social media you also can development help.
1589693016381.png
1589692993727.png

To expand on Jeapers comment, i'll direct users to the following threads:

Discussion of Discord Servers

Unofficial TLOPO Chat Directory

Discussion of Any External Chat Services

Quoted from the Discussion of Discord Servers thread:
First, we want it known that we aren't trying to show bias towards any one single Discord server. Nor would we without good reason, as it is almost certain that neither of our teams will ever have official Discord servers. With this in mind, we would appreciate if the names of community Discord servers did not contain 'TLOPO' or 'Pirates Forums', unofficial or otherwise, as the things we have seen lately are things we would prefer not to be associated with. We do not wish to offend anyone, and ask that people remember that moderation of these servers can be difficult, and that this is a genuine request on our part rather than a demand.

We will not be moderating or associating with any Discord servers. Members of our teams may be a part of them, of course, but they'd be representing only themselves as individuals and not either of the teams directly.

As someone that moderates a social media group, i deal with such difficulty on a near daily basis. Trying to keep the peace amongst a large number of users is not exactly conducive to ones sanity especially when the number of members far outweigh the number of admins.

I'm fine.jpg

It's a thankless task that i personally have gotten hate and ridicule for (Most of it unwarranted).

We can certainly be a part of these servers, but we'd only represent ourselves as individuals and not either of the teams directly nor would we moderate them. Moreover, we ask that users don't publicly post links to discord servers on this forum as per the rules and Davy Darkrage's own comments here and here.

@Marvin Wolf please consider removing the discord link from your post. Linking the Unofficial TLOPO Chat Directory thread is fine.

Before i sign off, i want to say thank you to all for being a wonderful community. You guys are awesome. :thumbsup:

To expand on Jeapers comment, i'll direct users to the following threads:

Discussion of Discord Servers

Unofficial TLOPO Chat Directory

Discussion of Any External Chat Services

Quoted from the Discussion of Discord Servers thread:

As someone that moderates a social media group, i deal with such difficulty on a near daily basis. Trying to keep the peace amongst a large number of users is not exactly conducive to ones sanity especially when the number of members far outweigh the number of admins.

View attachment 120562

It's a thankless task that i personally have gotten hate and ridicule for (Most of it unwarranted).

We can certainly be a part of these servers, but we'd only represent ourselves as individuals and not either of the teams directly nor would we moderate them. Moreover, we ask that users don't publicly post links to discord servers on this forum as per the rules and Davy Darkrage's own comments here and here.

@Marvin Wolf please consider removing the discord link from your post. Linking the Unofficial TLOPO Chat Directory thread is fine.

Before i sign off, i want to say thank you to all for being a wonderful community. You guys are awesome. :thumbsup:
At the time of making the post I was unaware of the discord. I understand where the issues with moderating a discord can come about so I do understand why y'all dont have one. The post was more directed toward ways of promotion/growing the community and getting/maintain the attention more player. This is a game I enjoyed growing up and now use to relax after playing a hype competitive game or stream and would like to see it succeed. I am sorry for any confusion or disrespect thats I might have caused. <3

There is more that I need to do even on my YouTube channel. I usually post up all my videos and such on my forum page for people to go and watch as well as the discords. I was actually thinking today how I needed to go through and just slam down all the information I knew about the game, leveling methods, quest walk through's and stuff just so people wouldn't be without some guidance if it was needed. (Like Hollowed Woods at the moment)

Back