Sport: UFC, Ultimate Fighter, MMA Fans?

S

Shamus The Brute

Which of ye pirates :eek: out there arrrr fans of the UFC & mixed-martial arts (MMA)?
screen-shot-2012-05-30-at-12-28-06-am.png
UFC%20logo.png
Please share yer interest with others here on this thread concerning yer interest towards the sport & also, which individual(s) remain your most favorite.
Be ye aware :(:
This is a drama free-octagon!
FLCAGEOCT-20_1.jpg
*There be no "grappling, sucker punches, neck choking, eye gouging, arm bars, hair pulling, or kick-2-da-groin" moves allowed here.
:rolleyes:
Which ever fighter ye choose to either like (or 'dislike'), please remember that ye take full ownership as to any opinions ye type.
Now, with that being said ... "IT'S TIME TO Ruuuummmmmbbble!!!" :excited:

I've had fights way more intense than the stuff on UFC. I'm the guy who prefers to watch a fight in person and not on the big screen cause one thing I've learned is when watching it in video unless live the punches look like their thrown almost half as slow.

I have seen live UFC though and that stuff is pretty awesome but unless it's live I don't watch.

well i have been doing MMA for 2 or 3 years, so watching UFC is like watching soccer for a soccer player
I've had fights way more intense than the stuff on UFC. I'm the guy who prefers to watch a fight in person and not on the big screen cause one thing I've learned is when watching it in video unless live the punches look like their thrown almost half as slow.

I have seen live UFC though and that stuff is pretty awesome but unless it's live I don't watch.
what do u mean more "intense?"

Last edited by a moderator:
well i have been doing MMA for 2 or 3 years, so watching UFC is like watching soccer for a soccer player
That's cool. :D My younger brother did MMA (in Texas) as well & - for a time - he had actually gained enough experience/wins to where he had entered beyond the amateur level & into the beginning stages of professional fighting. This was a few years ago so, I don't think he is as active now in the sport as I seen on facebook now that he has entered a full-time job on the police force there where he lives.My favorite MMA fighters include:
  • Frankie Edgar - For his "heart" & fighting tenacity in consideration to his overall size & short stature:D
  • Forrest Griffin - For his strong chin & his insistance to always fight an opponent toe-2-toe
  • B.J. Penn - For his "technical" loyalty to the sport; B.J. to me always looks as if he is thinking during a fight
  • G.S.P. - Who doesn't like watching George St. Pierre in a fight, lol? Canada's finest.
  • Anderson Silva - In the octagon, "The Spider" is absolutely amazing! His strength & swift foot work is lethal.
  • Diego Sanchez - A favorite of mine to always watch!
  • Clay Guida - Dude needs a haircut!!!
  • Mac Danzig, Michael Bisping, Rashad Evans, Kimbo Slice, Matt Serra, Matt Hughes ... etc., etc.
Aye, I could go on & on. *The point is, there are a lot of good fighters out there.

For the last couple of years, I haven't been keeping up so well with what is happening within the sport. However, from the "looks" of things... :rolleyes:
ryan-mcgillivray.jpg

...It looks as if MMA is still popular as ever! :p

*Out of all those fighters I have listed above, my most favorite is - Lyoto Machida. I pick Machida because his particular fighting style is more parallel to what I would like to see as a fan.

With a tactical "allusiveness" which often throws his opponents off, Machida is within a class all by himself IMO as a mixed-martial arts fighter. Because of this, he remains therefore my most favorite fighter!

:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
UFC is a rising sport as boxing takes on a slow death. UFC is more violent so I think it will soon be a top entertaining PPV sport (though its mostly ppv atm) surpassing boxing records.

I like Junior Dos Santos (in the heavy weight division) and I have a feeling like he will do good for a while. Can't wait for his rematch with Valasquez. Welterweight, St-Pierre is pretty good. I would say Silva for middleweight but thats everyone's pick but I don't think there is anyone ready to take the tittle away from him no matter how much trash-talk his opponents say about him.

Does anyone remember the "hate" :cursing: relationship a long time ago between Matt Serra & Matt Hughes, lol? When they both were featured to be the opposing coaches on the Ultimate Fighter - season #6, this is when I began to really take notice & uphold an interest in the sport.

*Both were "suppose" to have a rematch together but if I recall, it never happened on account of one of them (Serra I think) becoming injured.

Back