Idea Spyglasses?

lexmark66

Pirate Apprentice
I Have an idea for spyglasses, That will be good for people like me with not as good of eye sight. So then you can use them to see what kind of ship the ships are that are around you, instead of sailing up to them to see what kind they are.

This is what they have in Assassin's Creed Black Flag, which is near identical in sailing. Definitely support, I was struggling to see ships today as well.
An interesting, though unlikely to be implemented, idea based on the Black Flag spyglasses would be that the ships spawn in with their cargo already decided, and using the spyglass on that ship would show you part of or all of the cargo of that ship, just how it is in Black Flag.

This is unlikely to be implemented though because it is a significant change from how it was in the original game, and there could be some problems with two ships sharing loot, but it's still an interesting idea I would say.

I also definitely support adding spyglasses if only to see the name of the ship.

upload_2017-5-30_14-56-4.jpeg

I can totally see this as being in game... :p

I feel as if this could be implemented in a very cool way, but it would be EXTREMELY hard to do in a game like POTCO (or TLOPO).

While I do not think it will happen, still liking your post for the idea! :)

I could see a crude spyglass like a hollowed out stick all the way up to the Legengary Spyglass "Jack's custom spyglass" as seen in the post from Jack Firesteel

I only said the other day while i was onboard a friends ship that it would be so cool to be able to use a telescope to see more clearly what ships are at sea from a distance :)

I could see a crude spyglass like a hollowed out stick all the way up to the Legengary Spyglass "Jack's custom spyglass" as seen in the post from Jack Firesteel
Yeah, That would be awesome, Like how the weapons are in the game, And make that same system with spyglasses!!

I totally agree with you guys and think it would be a great addition to the game. They would be not only super useful but really cool as well!

if anyone is interested in getting themselves a real life pirate telescope, they may want to check out this awesome site I found called piratewreck which has all kinds of useful information and reviews.

There already is a set of spyglasses in the game as a sailing item. It most likely isn't available.

Here: Norrington's Spyglass

The reality of having to stop to actually use a spyglass would get fairly annoying, you could also implement a zoom feature, similar to how you can move the camera further away from your ship. You could zoom in on a ship as free will by simply pressing a button and without the need to grind and find an item.

Only if it was a cool down ability, but I don't exactly understand why you want it because sailing will get much better when the rendering at see is fixed.

Back