still can't play the game

JudyBudy

Buccaneer
even after the new update i still can't play. i can get into character selection but the game just crashes at 30% when loading into the world. i've tried reinstalling, i've tried manually installing, i've tried disabling audio, i've tried making a new pirate, i've even tried making a new account. i haven't been able to play since the update before last and also still haven't received any information from support in like three weeks (although i'm still being sympathetic with what's going on). has anyone at all had anything similar happen and found any sort of solution?

edit: and no, i'm not banned or anything. i played the game sailing solo for a few hours up until the servers went down for the update; it just stopped working after i updated and i don't know why, nothing has changed.

Thank you guys for sticking with us, we hate when things like this limit you from playing as much as you probably hate running into the bugs. We really are doing our best to try and fix these issues that seemingly arbitrarily impact only specific people.

While I cannot promise anything I am about to say will fix your issues, I can suggest a few things people have done that have fixed various issues:
  • Update whatever operating system you are on
    • This has especially helped in the case of MacOS users, but unfortunately some older Macs no longer get updates
  • Update drivers (Windows only, specifically graphics card drivers)
  • For white screen, some users have reported disabling audio reduces the amount of time it occurs for them
  • Reinstalling the game
  • Remove ANY cheating / auto clicking software you have installed on your operating system
  • And of course feel free to respond to me with logs / description of your problem / operating system / hardware specs (CPU, GPU)
    • and feel free to ask me if you need help getting this information
    • Logs and specific information like that really can be the difference between us finding a fix or not

Thank you guys for sticking with us, we hate when things like this limit you from playing as much as you probably hate running into the bugs. We really are doing our best to try and fix these issues that seemingly arbitrarily impact only specific people.

While I cannot promise anything I am about to say will fix your issues, I can suggest a few things people have done that have fixed various issues:
  • Update whatever operating system you are on
    • This has especially helped in the case of MacOS users, but unfortunately some older Macs no longer get updates
  • Update drivers (Windows only, specifically graphics card drivers)
  • For white screen, some users have reported disabling audio reduces the amount of time it occurs for them
  • Reinstalling the game
  • Remove ANY cheating / auto clicking software you have installed on your operating system
  • And of course feel free to respond to me with logs / description of your problem / operating system / hardware specs (CPU, GPU)
    • and feel free to ask me if you need help getting this information
    • Logs and specific information like that really can be the difference between us finding a fix or not
thank you for the response! i really hope i didn't come off as hostile; i was just annoyed that the game briefly worked again earlier but inevitably crashed. i've spent hours searching through similar threads but couldn't find anything useful/that i hadn't tried and i didn't want to pester support more than i have.

i did a bit of digging around on my laptop and ended up having to reinstall my graphics drivers yet again, since they apparently hadn't installed correctly when i updated Windows some time ago. and thankfully it isn't a fluke, i've been questing for about an hour (where it would crash after 2-5 minutes). it did crash once but i think it was unrelated (something was eating my RAM).

thank you for the response! i really hope i didn't come off as hostile; i was just annoyed that the game briefly worked again earlier but inevitably crashed. i've spent hours searching through similar threads but couldn't find anything useful/that i hadn't tried and i didn't want to pester support more than i have.

i did a bit of digging around on my laptop and ended up having to reinstall my graphics drivers yet again, since they apparently hadn't installed correctly when i updated Windows some time ago. and thankfully it isn't a fluke, i've been questing for about an hour (where it would crash after 2-5 minutes). it did crash once but i think it was unrelated (something was eating my RAM).
Awesome awesome awesome! I love to hear it, and no worries you did not come off as hostile. I really do hate seeing people unable to play! I am so glad you got it to work, hope you enjoy :)!

Back