Test Server joining update.

Captain Redhorn

Site Founder
If any of you have tried to qualify for test server access and haven't gotten approved it is because a automatic approval system is on the way. This is what happened when I was in live chat.
Thank you for your patience. A Technical Support Representative will be with you shortly.
You are now chatting with 'Bob'
Bob: Greetings and welcome to Live Chat!
Me: Hello Bob!
Bob: I understand you had a question about the Test Server access process?
Bob: Well my friend new access to the Test Server has been halted actually.
Me: Darn.
Me: Why is that?
Bob: We are moving to a new Automatic approval system.
Bob: Once this new system is in place it will be announced on the Website.
Me: Do you know how long it will take until the Automatic approval system will be added?
Bob: So you just have to hang in there till this new system is in place.
Bob: No but it will be posted on the Website when it is. So make sure you keep an eye out on the News section of the Website.
Bob: Is there any other issue I can help you with today Matey?
Me: Nope. Thanks for the news though. I will be waiting!
Me: Cya later!
Bob: It was my pleasure Matey!
Bob: Thank you for using Live Chat and fair winds!
Me: Thank you.
Chat session has been terminated by the Technical Support Representative.

Nice job Captain. I think this is great! I me self already have Test Server Access, but this will be a great, fast way for members to get test server now. I have a friend who has an account with no bans or holds, and she applied 6 months ago and still has not gotten a reply. So this will be a good fix! Again nice Job Captain!

I myself have test but there has always been a problem with test server. There is so many test accounts but so many of them are inactive. I think they should clean up the inactive testers who have not played on test for a long time(ex. more than a year...). And open the door to new testers who will do the job of testing. In the sign up page it also says that loosing unlimited will terminate your test server. This is not true because i know a few basics who have access to test. I don't have anything against the basic testers or the inactive players however this is test server and it needs to be taken serious so content can have a better result in live.

I agree with Leo. It's all in the data base and programming. While I do not know how to code the data base myself, I do know that the logic of screening who is eligible for test access is easy. Just put several variables, and "dates" are crucial to determine:

- when an unlimited account has been applying for a test access - should go by 'order' of applying
- if it is allowed to get access 6 months or one year after a ban - should be able to detect 'degree' of violation, for instance, no more than 1 or 2 bans in the past
- how long an account has been unlimited account (if it ever loses the membership status)
- record of numbers of feedback (since every time we turn in a feedback, we should log on, so it is recorded under our account)
- activity/inactivity of an account (this is for the current tester, for instance, after 6 months of inactivity, an account automatically loses the access to test server, and can only be recovered by calling in the customer service).

The first 3 should be done by computer (automated procedure), no human/customer service should be needed to get involved. The last one works similar to the ban procedure these days. After the computer kicks in a ban/drops a test server access, then a human involvement (customer service) is needed to solve/recover this problem. That's what the game developers should be able to formulate.

Ok I always heard that if you lose unlimited you lose test server. But Leo said he knows basics with test server. So what if I lose unlimited, and I do lose my test access. Do they just delete my test account and all of my pirates? Or do they just make it where I can't sign in. Just wondering, because I use a Game Card.

Ok I always heard that if you lose unlimited you lose test server. But Leo said he knows basics with test server. So what if I lose unlimited, and I do lose my test access. Do they just delete my test account and all of my pirates? Or do they just make it where I can't sign in. Just wondering, because I use a Game Card.
I use game cards too, when you go basic, everything remains the same & you can still get on.

If any of you have tried to qualify for test server access and haven't gotten approved it is because a automatic approval system is on the way. This is what happened when I was in live chat.
Thank you for your patience. A Technical Support Representative will be with you shortly.
You are now chatting with 'Bob'
Bob: Greetings and welcome to Live Chat!
Me: Hello Bob!
Bob: I understand you had a question about the Test Server access process?
Bob: Well my friend new access to the Test Server has been halted actually.
Me: Darn.
Me: Why is that?
Bob: We are moving to a new Automatic approval system.
Bob: Once this new system is in place it will be announced on the Website.
Me: Do you know how long it will take until the Automatic approval system will be added?
Bob: So you just have to hang in there till this new system is in place.
Bob: No but it will be posted on the Website when it is. So make sure you keep an eye out on the News section of the Website.
Bob: Is there any other issue I can help you with today Matey?
Me: Nope. Thanks for the news though. I will be waiting!
Me: Cya later!
Bob: It was my pleasure Matey!
Bob: Thank you for using Live Chat and fair winds!
Me: Thank you.
Chat session has been terminated by the Technical Support Representative.
OMG!!!! on your signature how did you get a picture of the biggest baddest ship in the back ground?

how caaaan you make it, is my question?

Off topic, but ...

It's using a photo-editing/graphic design application (Photoshop or GIMP or some others). The Ship of The Line and stump on the background were taken from screenshots on the game. If you want to learn, you need to download GIMP first (free software) or purchase any other graphic design applications. For GIMP download:
http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

Check out these old threads, they are full of GIMP how-tos and tips. Remember, practice makes perfect! Good luck! :)

https://piratesforums.co/threads/need-gimp-help-again.2404/
https://piratesforums.co/threads/awesome-youtube-background.1710/
https://piratesforums.co/threads/pictures-for-basil.1809/

Back