Screenshots The First Adventure of Borf Snortcob, 6/23/16

Bort Greasegorb

Pirate Lord
This post will be pretty big, as it will fully describe my three-hour journey in The Legend. Yesterday, I got to give semi-open alpha my first test run. However, instead of creating Bort first, my brother and I wanted to do one of our classic sessions with my alt, Borf Snortcob, for the first time in almost three years. So, we got around to recreating him as accurate as we could, using our "making of" video from 2012 for reference. However, to spice things up, we used an old body just in case they happen to get removed.
screenshot_2016-06-23_22-16-57.jpg
So, at first, we got the ropes of the game, touring around and listening to the new Fort Charles theme. After this, we made it our mission to get some elusive clothing with the color wheel glitch. However, we were met with a fatal problem.
We had no money.
So, to get some cash flowing, we hit the waters. Sadly, this did not mean our boat, but rather our lure.
screenshot_2016-06-23_23-09-40.jpg
Seeing as this and potions didn't give much money (or in potions' case, no money at all), we decided to do some ship repairing. I quickly got the hang of it and worked with some fellow pirates to get some cold, hard coins.
However, the dockworkers gave us one heck of a ship to fix.
screenshot_2016-06-23_23-49-06.jpg
But hey, at least we were getting a very fair wage for all 46.5 of those years. Soon enough, I was like a machine, "addicted" to repairing and making up for all the gold I left because the Warmonk Method of looting in the original POTCO. Soon enough, with 2,533 gold in our pocket, we bought some nice, "discontinued" swag. Rather than going for the flashy, pajama-like look of brights which would assimilate all the looters when their sport was put into the game, we went for a more subdued "park ranger" look.
screenshot_2016-06-24_00-21-52.jpg
Our simple-but-stylish look inspired us to go on a pleasant photoshoot.
screenshot_2016-06-24_00-23-11.jpg "Well?! 'You gonna buy somethin' or what?!"
screenshot_2016-06-24_00-24-23.jpg The new outfit was popular with the ladies.
screenshot_2016-06-24_00-25-28.jpg Borf with his worn, but still a sword, which he would use to...
screenshot_2016-06-24_00-25-47.jpg ...backstab a dwarf.
Needless to say, this did not end well.
screenshot_2016-06-24_00-26-02.jpg
While posing at the harbor, Borf was thrown into a swordfight with not only the now-known-named "Thaddeus Badrat" (who must've had quite a bad rap) and later, another muscular scallywag named James Daggerthorn. However, the two pirates warmed up to us and we all started a crew and became in-game friends. We ended up having a swordfight with Will Sparrow and going to the pub for some Blackjack and serving the locals.
After this, I realized we had teleportation totems to every island. So, in an instant, we headed to Outcast Isle, where Borf as a character had many ties to, as said on my wiki user page. After more aesthetic photos here, we quickly did some repairs and bought a dark orange leathercraft long coat to top off my outfit in the last few minutes.
However, when trying to get back to Outcast, a weird glitch happened and we were teleported into the middle of the sea, where we spent the last minutes of our time, watching Borf descend back into the void until June 27th. (I'll make a thread about this glitch later with screenshots.)
Overall, it was a fantastic experience. We had a great morale throughout and less server burps than a single hour of Toontown Rewritten. I can't wait until looting is implemented and I really get to delve into the game.

Attachments

• screenshot_2016-06-24_00-30-50.jpg
    screenshot_2016-06-24_00-30-50.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 122
I certainly hope you remember my work in the Archive. Can't wait for guilds!
Can't wait until guilds and hopefully the full release of the game...when everyone can sign in whenever they want. I'm Eastern time zone, and mistakenly signed up for a semi-alpha run for like 1am our time...which I hope to be asleep by then.
-Em

Back