The Iger Sanction

Dreamcatcher

Honorable Pirate
Ahoy guys,

This is a story that began on the .COM, but when the storm came on February 12th, and the servers went down, I never managed to post the final chapter. Difficulties are slowing down getting it back online, and we hope it will be back up soon.

Leaving unfinished business has never sat very well with me. I know a good deal of the .COM people check out the .CO, so maybe they will run into it in their travels, and we can finally put this near 5 month cliff hanger to bed. Unless of course they were happy that I was cut off, then it is more a case of, I finally tracked you people down. Sorry, but you know me, you don't get off that easily.

It is called "The Iger Sanction", and it was written last Fall, after many nights of dealing with Potco withdrawal, which really should be classified as an official disease, given how some of us felt. Involving as many Forum members as I could fit in, it was simply a blast writing. The original forward explains it more.

I'll post it in the format I did on the .COM, one chapter per week, which was fun doing that way, sort of like a serial. Well, fun for me, anyway. It is nine chapters, and it's a mix of older members and newer ones, so some names may be familiar to the .CO-ers, as a good deal of all of us jump around so much.

I figured the beginning of July would be a good start date, as that will cover the entire summer, and if there's a few who enjoy it, it will be something to read. If not, then it might be a looooong summer. But there's always reruns of "The Big Bang Theory" if this goes horribly wrong, I hope it doesn't come to that though.

The Iger Sanction
Forward

The closing of Potco, especially with the haste used on the part of the Mouse, affected all of us in very different ways. Some of us were devastated by the news, others seemed to care very little, and every emotion under the sun seemed to be between those two. Some have refused to accept it, some try to recreate it, and others, like myself, will barely speak of Disney anymore. We all deal with things in different ways, which is fine, whatever works.

The first week was incredibly hard for me, it was like an alcoholic who was cut off after 5 years of drinking daily. It was just a lousy September after a difficult summer. I found another game, but there was still a mad pirate in me that would not remain silent. Her two cents would be added, in the form of dreams, whether I liked it or not. For the record, I didn’t.

I hated the dreams, they were not nightmares, but waking up at 3am crying and thinking of friends stinks. The dreams are where the idea for the story began, I thought that maybe writing something would exorcize them. I had no idea where the story was going when I started, I thought maybe throwing a pie in Iger's face or something. It was starting to look like a bad detective novel with baked goods. Then I read something Matthew had said about a new Xmen movie coming out, and thought, hmm, Interesting.

The name Iger Sanction came from the Clint Eastwood movie, The Eiger Sanction, where he was sent to "Sanction", or kill, persons. However, there is no killing in this story, except for undead things, and no Mice were harmed in the making of this story, even if they deserved to be. We are mutants, but we are polite mutants. Well, most of us, anyway.

I was never too into the Xmen, I do like them, but I didn’t know a great deal about them. Again, I attempted to add as many of us as I could to the story, to make it sort of fun, and again, the ones I interact with most got bigger roles, simply because I know them better. I struggled a bit with some of the mutant powers, who to give what, and even figuring out some of the powers seemed difficult at times, so please give me a break on that. I had to give Matthew the coolest one, as he unknowingly gave me a direction to go in, so thank you, Matt.

Anyhow, to keep this intro from being longer than the story itself... please sit back and hopefully enjoy sitting in on my daily psychotherapy session. “The Doctor is in: 5 cents”, as Lucy Van Pelt would say. Oh yeah, and if anyone tries to make me dance like a chicken while I'm under, there will be plucking trouble. Just saying.

The Iger Sanction

Chapter 1

I awoke screaming and in a cold sweat, thinking for a moment the tangled sheets were a hangman's rope, tightening on my neck. The half drank bottle of rum, which had not silenced that same damm dream that came now every night, was still staring at me from the nightstand, like a silent witness. The pounding chest and the clammy, shaking body upon waking was becoming unbearable. It seemed hard to believe it had only begun a few months ago, it felt like much longer. More like a lifetime.

I knew that I was not alone in experiencing these dreams, there were scores of fellow pirates, or ex pirates I should say, going through the same night terrors as I. Schmisney had added something "special" to their software in the closing days of the game, something they hadn't covered in their TOS files. There were thousands of us now fighting against their attempts to control us, like the mindless zombies in expensive suits that lurched through the dark corridors of their corporate offices.

The dream felt almost like a message from them, but the kind that was tied to a rock and thrown through the window. It played like a bad movie in your head, showing the beatings, tortures, and mutilations of those pirates that refused to play their new App games. Shocking in its brutality, given the wholesome image they attempt to portray.

Their seeming insatiable lust for power and global domination had sent the once proud company into a tailspin of moral depravity, caring not who, nor what, they destroyed along the way. I lifted the bottle of rum to my lips, downed about half of it, and fell back on the bed and tried to pass out.

The sun pouring through the window seemed to be reflecting off everything in the room, making my hangover even worse. But I had slept in peace for a few hours, the giant rat must be slipping, I thought. I made coffee and sat out on the porch in the crisp morning air, the dew on the deck felt good against my bare feet, and helped wake me up.

One way or another, this had to end, we had to break this hold Schmisney had gotten over us, or we would all become their pets. We all had seen how they had treated their pets in the waning days of the game too, and it wasn't pretty. I had no desire to spend eternity standing on a beach saying "Cluck" while pecking at pixelated sand.

I took a long, hot shower to clear my head, and wash away the smell of rum that seemed to cling to me like death. The near scalding water cascading down my body felt like arms wrapping around me, as the steam began filling up the room.

Reaching for the soap, I stared at it for a moment, and remembered that dumb ad, filled with wool sweaters and bad Irish accents. I raised it to my nose and breathed deeply. "Irish Spring! Ahh, manly yes, but I like it too!" I heard myself saying, and unconsciously began to whistle a sea shanty. Lack of sleep makes people very strange I thought, as I worked myself into a green, frothy, fresh scented lather. I turned off the water and stepped out to grab a towel, thinking I actually felt clean for a while.

Getting in my Jeep, I headed to Forum Headquarters, which was located about 10 miles south of me, in the heart of Gotham City. No, not that Gotham, it was about as close to that one as Paris Texas is to Paris France, which is light years. But I'll take a good Texas steak over a French snail any day.

I parked in front, between the Dunkin Donuts and the other Dunkin Donuts, and glanced at the Starbucks and Honeydew Donuts across the street. I shook my head and wondered who the genius was who had Ok'd that idea, maybe the same one who thought up selling sushi at a ball game. My head hurt thinking about it, and I wondered which of the 3 Walgreens on the block I should get some aspirin from.

Walking up the front stairs, I glanced at the flower bucket on my left, and saw an upended bottle of rum inside, with the neck buried in the dirt. I imagined someone had a long night sitting awake on the steps, under the watchful eye of the full moon. Next to the bucket was a half-eaten container of lo mein, with a broken pair of chop sticks on the ground, and a fork stuck in it. I could never use those darn things either.

I recall the incident in the Sum Yung Gai buffet with the Peking Ravioli, which ended with the near impalement of the waiter bringing more hot mustard. I stuck with forks from then on, I would rather not try explaining to a judge how the waiter ended up blowing bubbles in my wonton soup. My luck I would get Ito, too.

The front of the building was a facade, it looked like a normal city brownstone to the outside world, but it was not. Inside was not only the forum headquarters, but it was also our quasi-military base. We were the Savvy Cadre Harboring Mutantlike Unbridled Cataclysmic Kickassery. Yes, we were the members of S.C.H.M.U.C.K. And yes, I know the Xmen got the better name, and I'd rather not talk about it, if it's alright with you. Thank you.

Opening the door cautiously, I scanned the area for any movement as I entered. For weeks now, there has been a friendly war going on between Tom and Jason, and a few unlucky ones among us had been catching shrapnel. I always felt like Inspector Clueseu, on alert for an attacking Kato these days. The place looked quiet as I made my way to the kitchen area to grab some coffee, and check the fridge for anything without a name tag on it. Once a pirate, always a pirate, I suppose.

Unfortunately, the only thing recognizable that was not bearing green fuzz was a glob of tofu, which I think I would eat at some point after I ate the green fuzz. Turning to the coffee pot and grabbing my Cheech and Chong mug from the rack, I poured what was left in, and made another pot for the next person. Even a filthy-scurvy-smelling-pirate-turned-fresh-scented-mutant/assassin can have manners. I took a big gulp of the coffee and immediately spit it into the sink. Ugh, someone had made pumpkin coffee again. There should be laws on keeping the dang fruit out of the grog, and the vegetables out of the coffee. Yuck.

Hearing a noise in the plushly decorated living room/meeting area, I wandered down to investigate. The TV was on what looked to be the adult channel, but on closer inspection, it turned out to be Miley Cyrus, on stage and obviously making her parents quite proud. She really should have a warning label stamped on her forehead, the girl is a train wreck waiting to happen.

Over at the table in the corner was Griffin and Captain Patch playing Stratego, the exciting game of world domination. Both of their armies looked formidable, and it seemed like whoever took France would control the world. Dang that just sounds so wrong. Carlene was standing watch and looking for cheating, much like a more attractive NATO. Mark kept trying to steal Bulgaria, and Jade kept slapping it out of his hand. Some things never change around here.

I sat down on the couch and picked up the remote to turn Cyrus off, I already had enough bad dreams in my head without her twerking around in my REM's. I found an old John Wayne movie, "Stagecoach", and I settled in for a while to enjoy the splendor of a ten gallon hat in glorious black and white. Not sure that I even made it past the opening credits before I was sound asleep on the couch.

End Chapter 1

Last edited:
:good post: Keep 'em coming. I remember coming across a few chapters:reading:from the above story not too long ago and from what I remember, they each were quite enjoyable to me pirate's, good eye. :eek:

:good post: Keep 'em coming. I remember coming across a few chapters:reading:from the above story not too long ago and from what I remember, they each were quite enjoyable to me pirate's, good eye. :eek:
TY Shamus, compliments and rum are both accepted freely, and shamelessly. :chicken dance:

The Iger Sanction

Chapter 2

I awoke with a jolt, making Raven, Red, and Matthew, who had come in after I had passed out, also jump. "Jesus Dream" said Red, "Between the mumbling, flailing, and jerking, sleep is a good workout for you." "And don't forget the snoring, it sounded like a buzz saw was running" added Matthew.

"I could almost tell what part of the dream it was by each twitch, I've seen it so much" lamented Rose, walking in from the kitchen eating a bowl of Lucky Charms. They are magically delicious, although its possible that might just be the sugar rush. "I don't suppose you would like to enlighten us on the part involving the barbarian riding the big lizard? It sounded interesting" teased Raven. Grrrrrrr, from the couch. "No, I didn't think so" she said, popping open a Mellow Yellow soda.

"All kidding aside, we have to do something about this before we all end up in a loony bin" Angel said from the doorway. "We need a meeting and a plan. I'm turning on the (bilge) Ratsignal." Ours was much like the Batsignal, except for the fact the Ratsignal looked like a giant drunken rat up in the sky, and would alert all forum members of an emergency. I picked up the phone and ordered us all Chinese food, and a plain cheese pizza for Matthew, who dislikes Chinese, for the meeting........and then went to the kitchen and washed all the forks.

Most had seen the signal, and were now sitting in living room eating Moo Goo’s, Pupu’s, and Subgums, whatever the hell that was. I asked Matthew if he would like to try the spicy pork snout with bean curd, and with a wrinkled nose, he threw a pizza bone into the box and said, “You’re out of your mind, lady.” The room was quiet for a while, until all of a sudden Tom yelled out, "Finger War!" and whipped a chicken finger at Jason's head. Reaching out, he snatched the flying poultry projectile from the air, smiled at Tom, and popped it in his mouth. Nice catch, Jason. The Patriots are in need a wide receiver, please report to Foxboro on Monday.

We had all finished eating, and Tiger reached down into a huge bag and started pulling out fortune cookies and began tossing them around the room. The sound of cookies breaking open was the only noise heard, and then there was dead silence, as we all stared down at our fortunes. They were all the same, and there were blood stains on the white paper. "No more warnings. Download the Apps, or it is Game Over. ---R. Iger". Suddenly, the Szechuan chicken was fighting with the Peking duck in my stomach.

If there were any among us who were still on the fence about what needed to be done here, they were knocked off it by the Stephen King moment we had all just shared. "They have to be "Sanctioned" I spoke. “We have to take down those ....things.... surrounding him on the Board of Directors, then drag him out in the light and finish Iger, this has gone too far. We have to stop letting him lead in this dance, it's time to take the fight to him." There was silence for a moment, until a boneless rib flew by my face and bonked Jason on the side of the head, and fell to the floor with a splat. Nice throw, but sorry Tom, the Patriots already have a QB named Tom. Try the Bills, I think they need a Tom badly.

While the girls went around cleaning up the remains of the meal, I heard the TV snap on, and the guys were sitting around it with their pants buttons undone, watching football and looking like Al Bundy in a couch coma. I'm just glad I didn't have any chopsticks in my hand right now, it would get ugly in here. Next time we're using paper and plastic, I thought.

After it all was done, we returned to the living area with trays of ale, root beer, and a large bottle of odd looking wine. I had never heard of Chateau Picard, but the bald dude on the label was a major hottie. Sort of like a more handsome Yul Brenner, but without the pharaoh tan. Oh yes sir, I will be assimilated. Um, did I just say that out loud? Yikes. Sorry. I took a mug of ale and found a seat on the floor, just in case this meeting went on too long, I wouldn't have that far to fall.

"So what's the plan, and how do we get in there? I heard that it's a heavily armed fortress and no one has ever breached Schmisney's security" Wolfina said, sipping a root beer. "We need the blueprints and building layout plans of each floor" said River. "We won't get twenty yards in there without them." "So how do we get a hold of them, I doubt they're going to just hand them to us" Molly inquired.

Turning on his laptop, Matthew began clicking and mumbling, with alternating scowls and frowns, until finally he displayed an evil grin, and said, "We're in. Schmisney had a back door in its TOS section, I guess they thought it was safe, as no one ever reads that crap." Shaking her head, Raven pointed out, "Um, you do know that was very illegal, right?" "Yeah, but we kinda-sorta-somewhat work for the government. If we win, nothing is illegal. I ah, think Ironman or someone said that" joked Matthew.

About an hour later, we had most of the layouts of the complex we needed, and we began studying them on the floor. It was a fortress, and I'm not surprised that no one had ever gotten in, or why Iger was so confident in his safety. Hundreds of guards, massive, laser equipped droids rolling around, and the underground parts were just a maze of security, before you could even get near the execs.

This was not going to be easy, but what did we have to lose? If we waited much longer, we would all go mad from the dreams, or Iger may just grow bored, and simply try to eliminate us. Tiger called for Matthew to come over and look at the plans too, but he was still messing around in Schmisney. "What are you doing in there?" she asked. "Sorry" he answered, "I was in their Star Wars files. The new script blows, so I was rewriting it and making Luke's clothes a bit greener".

By the time he had wiped out his presence there and closed the door, every character was wearing green, even Chewie. If that ever made it through to filming, it was one hell of a good Jedi mind trick. Plunking down on the floor between Angel and Red, like he owned the world, he grabbed a root beer and chugged it down, then let out a belch I have only heard with potions involved. "Thank God that was a Belchin' Brew, and not a Flatulent Fizz" commented Molly, "Otherwise we'd all be clearing the deck."

We poured over the plans most of the night, coming up with what we thought, was the best way to get in there, do the job, and get out alive. We all needed some sleep, so we agreed to meet back here at high noon tomorrow, and come loaded for mouse. As we all exited through the front door, something whizzed past me, and Jason was bonked on the back of the head with half a Wonka bar with nuts. Turning around, he saw Tom with an innocent look on his face, eating the other half, and smiling. Oh yeah, I thought, this was going to be fun.

End Chapter 2

The Iger Sanction

Chapter 3

I woke up at about 10am, and just lay in bed for a few minutes, staring at the ceiling. It took a moment to figure out what was different. I had not jolted awake, and the sheets and blanket were not in a tangled mess from thrashing in the night. Maybe the MSG in the Chinese, along with all the ale, somehow blocked the dreams. Whatever the reason, I was grateful.

Getting up, I got the coffee going, then took a long, hot shower, and began getting ready for our date with Iger. Laid out on the bed was my regulation issued, skin tight black leather catsuit, with matching knee high boots, and a utility belt that would make Batman jealous, and I began squeezing into it all. I figured the cape was a bit much, so I tossed that back on the bed. I looked in the mirror at this get up, as I brushed my long, flaming red hair, and thought, whoever is in charge of wardrobe in the mutant supply division of the government, had to be a guy.

The duffel bag of gear was stowed in the back of my Jeep, and I headed down 93 south to headquarters. As we neared the Boston Garden, a charming gentleman in a Mustang was changing lanes every two seconds, attempting to get, at most, one space up, and nearly hit three cars. He did this again, then jogged to the right lane, and I fell in behind him. I flipped the yellow switch on the dashboard, locked in on the 'Stang, and two bananas shot out of my grill and wedged in his duel exhausts. He jogged twice more, and his engine began sputtering, and he slowly made his way over to the breakdown lane, cursing loudly. I'm sorry my friend, but as Axel Foley would say, you just fell for the banana in yo tailpipe.

Getting off the expressway and driving past Boston Common, I arrived at headquarters, and drove down the alley behind the building. I pulled up to the wall with the graffiti that read, "Wicked Pi ssa", parked, and took off my left boot. Twisting off the heel and sole, I dialed 1-800-Pudding on the shoe cell, said "Fluffernutter" when it connected, and the wall receded into the ground, showing a tunnel behind it.

I drove through, and down the long ramp leading into the Ratcave. I suppose I could have just used the Ratpole, which was accessed by poking the eyes of the Obama painting, but I thought sliding down a pole in skin tight leather may not be the greatest of ideas. I imagine nicknames have been acquired for far less, so best not to give a wiseguy the opportunity.

A group of us were already there, looking over plans and readying their weapons. Rebel was checking his camera, even though you can't film in Schmisney, as all material holds copyright, and they will sue yer butt. I walked over to Charlotte and Molly, and pointed towards Angel, Carlene, and Kelly, then at Raven, Rose, and Red, and whispered, "I think Bill Clinton is in charge of wardrobe now, we are all in the same tight black leather." They both rolled their eyes, and a just entering Tiger added, "Arrr, and I'm chaffing already! This is going to be a long night".

The Schmisney corporate headquarters was located on a sprawling complex in Amherst, Ma. It's my story, so I suppose I can put it wherever the heck I like. It was a stone’s throw from the Quabbin Reservoir, which supplies water to a large portion of the state. Since 9/11 this area is watched like a hawk, and for good reason. It was a couple hour drive to there from Gotham, so we shared rides to stay amused.

As we were headed to the car, I was told emphatically, and in no uncertain terms to, "Get in the backseat, and stay the heck away from the radio" quote, unquote. We pulled out, and I just sat between Stpehen and Abracadabra, quietly humming "Inna-Gadda-Da-Vida", to raised eyebrows all around me. Apparently, it seemed that my mutant power was to annoy people with 60s and 70s music. Yeah, yeah, yeah.....

The area near corporate was thick with woods, and we all parked in a remote section of the UMass Amherst (known affectionately here as UMess, or ZooMass, from their well-known parties) campus lot. Piling out of the cars, we all stretched our legs a bit, and I finally was able to adjust the wedgie that had been bugging me for God knows how many miles. Darn leather, I'm gonna need vice grips to get these things off.

We strapped, snapped, and wrapped all our weapons on, and headed the handful of miles through the woods to the waste water treatment plant, and the maze of sewers we would soon be crawling through. About a mile up, we came to a river with a mighty strong looking currant, and I wasn't sure all of us were that great a swimmer. Plus, I would rather not get this leather wet and make it any tighter and more uncomfortable than it is now.

I looked at Matthew and said, "You're up, sideburns. Can you cut us a bridge over that river?" He raised his hand, and the titanium steel claws popped out in an instant, the sun reflecting menacingly off them. I just never got sick of watching that. "OK, but if you start singing Simon and Garfunkel, I'm dropping an oak tree on you" replied the now hairy Matthew.

It didn't take long, a few swipes with those claws and we had a bridge spanning the river, and we all crossed to the other side. We arrived at the plant, and got out the plans for the sewer system, and made our way up to the main pumping station. The place was deserted, seeing it was 3pm on a Friday. If you know anything at all about Massachusetts state workers, that doesn't surprise you.

The heavy metal door was locked, and Tiger stepped up to it and stared at the lock. She placed her hand on the door, and closed her eyes, as her mind began "feeling" for the lock mechanism. There was no sound for a moment, and then we began hearing gnashing metal from inside it, and the whole door began to shake. There was a loud scraping sound, followed by a pop, as the door swung open and the knob fell to the ground. "Dang" said Angel, "You have to teach me that sometime. Does it work on pickle jars too?"

Entering the main room, we searched the massive underground for the right pipe. We located it, and opened the huge hatch and just stared down the cavernous, gaping tunnel. It smelled like death in there, and it felt like you were entering Gunner's shack, except no one was screaming at you to get them more rum.

We came to junction after junction, and if we didn't have a map, we would be hopelessly lost down here. I looked in front of me and saw a sewer rat the size of a Smart Car (which isn't that big for a car, but it is for a rat) sniffing at Red’s foot like it was a pork chop. I said, “Hey Red, is that a spray painting of Johnny Depp up on the ceiling?” I pointed at the vermin while she was looking upward, and his tail burst into flames. The rat let out a loud squeal, and went scurrying off with smoke trailing from his hairy rodent rump.

Turning around to see it scampering away, Red said, "Thanks Dream, that thing was huge" while looking around for more creepy crawlers. "You're welcome" I replied, while lighting a smoke with a flaming finger. "I read there are alligators down here too. People brought them back as babies while on vacations and released them when they got too big for the bath tub, so if you see something grinning at you in the darkness, it probably ain't the Cheshire Cat."

End Chapter 3

The Iger Sanction

Chapter 4

It seemed like we had traveled miles through that filthy tunnel, but we finally came to a sign that read junction 38, and if the map we stole from the foreman's office was correct, corporate should be somewhere above us. I waved a flaming hand around in the darkened corners until we found the service ladder. It led up to the facilities waste disposal center of the complex, and we could see a large metal grate with shafts of light poking through.

"Looks like it’s show time" said Molly. "You care to join me, Raven?" "Sure, anything to get away from the dang smell down here" replied Raven. Molly suddenly shrank, and morphed into a small black cat, then jumped up on Ravens shoulder. They climbed up the ladder, with Raven becoming invisible when they neared the grate. They peered up through the grate, and they saw no one nearby, although they heard voices in the distance. Molly squeezed her kitty butt through the grate, as Raven merely passed through it, and they listened for where the voices were coming from. Could someone please be nice enough to start the music, because The Dance was about to begin.

There were two sanitation workers, armed, standing just around the corner from them. Armed Janitors? What's going on in here, the two of them thought. The workers were watching a You Tube video on an Ipad, while passing a bottle back and forth. "Y'know" said one of the men, "I've always felt David Hasselhoff was an amazing singer." The other man took a huge pull off the bottle and said, "Yes, he never got the respect he deserved here, but I read that he is a genius in Europe."

Raven drew her marshmallow launcher, as Molly morphed into a Liger, which is a cross breed of a lion and a tiger, and stands 9 feet tall, and can have quite a bad disposition. She skulked up the stairs onto the metal catwalks that criss crossed the room, and stood silently above them, as Raven stepped around the corner and re-visibled. "I have no idea what is in that bottle, gentlemen, but it sounds to me like you have both had quite enough of it. I'm shutting you off before you start playing the William Shatner rock videos."

She squeezed the trigger and shot the pad out of one of their hands with a deliciously spongy caramel flavored marshmallow. They both scrambled, then drew their pistols, and fired on Raven, who disappeared before their gaping mouths. Molly immediately leaped off the catwalk, landed directly in front of them, and reared up on hind legs and let out a snarling roar.

I guess nine feet of p'd off cat is somewhat intimidating, and it's a good thing we were in the sanitation area, as they both wet their pants. Molly brought both enormous paws down, right on their heads, and they slumped to the ground, wet and unconscious. "Wow, you don't see a good bladder evacuation too often, I guess we hit the jackpot" Molly said, as she morphed back to herself.

Raven went back to the grate and yelled down, "All clear. Tom, can you get this grate off, please?" "Sure" he said, as his body stretched like an elastic, and up through the grate. Wrapping an arm around the grate, and snaking around a pole on the catwalk he heaved the steel plate across the room. Everyone climbed up, and Carlene said, OK, we took care of the janitors, I guess it's a cake walk now."

As we emerged into the hallway, we scanned the area for guards, seeing no one. "We need to shut down the power and get some mood lighting in here, then there will be more shadows to move in" Griffin said. "The main generator building is behind the complex, if we take it out, they'll be on emergency power." Rose fumbled around in her utility belt, and took out a small device, no bigger than a flash drive. "If someone can open that window" Rose said, holding up the device, "I can save them some gold on their electric bill this month."

River walked up to the hermetically sealed office window, and took off his glasses, and a brilliant white light bathed the glass. The window rolled a bit like a wave on the ocean, and then melted down the frame, leaving open air to the outside. Rose began flapping her arms like a Dixie Chicken, and the arms suddenly became wings, which were attached to a ten foot red fire dragon. She flew out the window and then straight up, circling around to the back of the building.

Flying low between the trees, she saw the building in the distance, and swooped down behind it. Looking at the locked door, the dragon’s eyes glowed a fiery red and smoke came out its nose, and a hot blast of fire shot out of its mouth, and torched the door. Rose returned to human form and walked in, and scanned the inside of the small room. Taking the device, she opened the circuit board and found the main, and secured it.

Leaving the room, she morphed into a red tailed hawk, and flew off to the roof of the main building. She took the detonator out of her belt as she looked down at the small building, only to see a groundskeeper peeping through the open doorway. "Crap" said Rose, "If I don't move the flower guy, he'll be pushing up daisies instead of planting them." She leaped off the building, and in a blink, a Pterodactyl swooped down on the terrified groundskeeper, and snatched him in her giant claws, and dropped him on a hill a ways away.

Landing and taking out the detonator again, she turned to the cowering man and said, "If I were you, I would really think about calling in sick for the rest of the day." She triggered the device, and the small building lit up like a Christmas tree, as the poor man sat on the hill desperately praying to God and clutching the cross around his neck.

Every light in Schmisney had gone out, and the entire building was now on emergency power. The hawk flew back in through the open window and landed, changing back to Rose who said, "There's good news, and there's bad news. The good is, the electricity is fried. The bad is, I really, really wanna hear "Shock Treatment" by the Ramones right now."

Splitting up in small bands, we headed down the corridor, and looked for our planned routes. The map said all the hallways in this section meet at the security room at the east end, which has a special elevator that leads straight to the executive floor in case of trouble. Well, trouble was coming, alright. We all took our directions and began locking down the area, hopefully, we could do this quietly and without making our presence know quite yet.

Griffin, Carlene, Captain Patch, and Red came upon the first engagement. As they rounded a corner, two guards were conversing with a sergeant about corporate moving them all to a crappy health care plan, because apparently no one in the White House can add 2+2 anymore. "How did the union go for this?" the irate guard gasped. "I wonder what Iger's plan looks like. I bet he pays nothing."

All four of them stepped out from around the corner, with their potato cannons drawn. Captain Patch spoke up, "Ahem. I would pay the policy dues on time if I were you, you are going to need it." The four of them began peppering the guards with potato grenades, which looked like an Irish firing squad. Carlene stared at the chair ahead, and it suddenly flew across the hall and beaned the sergeant on the bean.

In an instant, Griffin poofed from where he was standing, then repoofed right behind the guards, and said, "I really hope that these are clean". He reached down, and grabbed a fistful of underwear in each hand, and violently yanked them halfway up their backs, perfectly executing The Atomic Wedgie. The guards both gave out a sickening moan, then fell unconscious to the floor.

Red and Patch secured them with zip ties, and dragged them into the Men's room, stuffed them in a stall, and put the out of order sign up. Walking out, Red glanced over at the wall of urinals, shook her head, and said, "Cavemen. Guys are simply cavemen." To which Patch laughed and replied as they were going out the door, "Jealous".

End Chapter 4

Last edited:
The Iger Sanction

Chapter 5

In another corridor, River, Emily, Wolfina, and Ghost of Foulbones had come upon three guards who were chatting with an admin in the hall, and it didn't look like she was leaving anytime soon. The job had just got more difficult, as we had hoped to keep the regular workers out of this.

They waited as long as they could, then stepped out of the shadows, and gave them a light show. Emily surrounded the admin with a force field, as River removed his glasses and stated: "You guys are gonna strain your eyes gawking at that pretty girl in this light, let me turn on another bulb for you."

The light from Rivers eyes immediately blinded all of them, as Wolfina sprang at the guards, while changing into a wolf in midair, and knocked them down faster than a 12 pack in Lindsay Lohan's fridge. She sat snarling at them, as Ghost became a wisp of smoke that engulfed the guards, and literally froze them in undead terror. As the guards were being tied up, Emily released the admin from the field, and told her to remain silent. "We haven't come here to harm anyone" she said, "Anyone human, that is."

The admin gasped, and said, "You came here for "Him", haven't you? When you finally find him, kill him. Just kill him. He is doing unspeakable things in this building, and he is simply a monster. I saw the room that he keeps them in, they are hideous, vile creatures, and there is nothing human about them. Go up to the 13th floor, and find room 666 and destroy everything in it, then find him and kill him" the admin said, her whole body shaking. Ghost looked at the admin, and just said, "Aye, you can count on it. Now get as far away from this place as you can, it's going to get hot in here very soon."

River got on the radio and related the information, a squad had to get up to that room and see what was going on in there. Raven, Red, Matthew, and I made our way to the stairwell, and headed for the 13th floor to investigate. Just as we hit the 10th floor landing, alarms began going off, and it seemed that the fun was now about to get even funner.

We made it to the 13th, and the door to the floor was locked, the door itself looked heavier than the others too. I stood in front of the door and placed both hands on it, saying, "If I were you, I would really step back a bit" before my eyes began glowing a molten red, and I burst into flames. "Holy crap Dream, a little more warning next time" screamed Matthew, "I think you fried one of my sideburns".

I stood shaking against the door, that was starting to get hot, and moaned softly, "I-I-I'm sssorryyyy, my baaaaaad." The door began getting hotter, and the frame started to warp and bulge from the wall. After a minute of this, it was glowing a fiery red, and bubbling under my hand, as the heat was beginning to turn the metal to a liquid.

Suddenly, my body stiffened against the door, and my head jerked straight up, and I let out a scream that would wake the undead. A heavy, dense blast shot out of me, and the door exploded out into the main hallway. Thankfully, there was no one standing on the other side of it, or they would have been a crispy critter. I stood in the open doorway for a few moments, drained and visibly shaking from the blast. I opened my eyes to see the three of them staring at me in the burning hole in the wall, and I managed to whisper, "Jesus, I need a smoke."

The rest of the bands had finished sweeping the area, and were standing outside of the security room, when the door swung open and a guard appeared holding empty pizza boxes for the trash. He dropped them, and ran back in the room and hit the alarm button, and drew his weapon. The next minute was pandemonium, everyone in the room jumped up and were all armed.

Emily threw up a shield across the doorway, and the bullets were ricocheting everywhere back in the room. Jeffery drew out a concussion grenade arrow, the field dropped for a moment, and the room exploded in a stunning flash. When the smoke cleared, everyone in it was unconscious, and every light on the control board was flashing. "OK, so much for doing this quietly" said Molly, "I guess we make some noise now."

Back up on the 13th floor, we were making our way down the long hallway to the room, when a laser blasted a hole in the wall an inch from Raven's head. She went invisible, I saw Red crackling white hot, as she turned pale, like an icicle, and Matthew's claws sprang out. My pilot light came on, and my head and hands fired up. An armored attack droid stood facing us from down the hall, it was silver and very tall, with a red light glowing in his eye slot ....and dear God, he was wearing a pair of mouse ears. Perfect, I thought. Iger was further insane than we had imagined.

From behind me, I Heard Matthew say, "All I know is, I can finally kill something, it was getting too lovey dovey around this place." Loping down the corridor, he jumped and rolled, then deflected the laser with one clawed hand, and snapped off the sprinkler post with the other. More alarms went off, and water was now spraying everywhere in the hallway. Matthew dodged a laser burst, slid on the wet floor, and then sprang off one wall to the other, finally landing on the massive droids back.

Hanging off his back, I saw both claws rise over its head, then come down hard into the droids neck. All we could hear was twisting and scraping metal, then a loud thud as the droid fell to the floor motionless, its head rolling down the corridor. "Not bad, Matt" said Red, "Pretty smart with that sprinkler, too." "Ty" replied Matthew, "But that was actually to see how tight all that leather would get in the rain."

Down in the security room, Bart shut off all the alarms, then looked at Angel and asked, "Do you think anyone noticed?" There was immediately a voice from the exec security room asking what was going on up there. "There's your answer, hope you have a good story for him" replied Angel. Bart thought for a second, then held down the talk button and said, "System malfunction in the flux capacitor unit, the fire alarm circuit set it off. We're good here now, um, how are you?"

Silence for a minute, and then the voice said, "The security alarm went off before the fire alarm. Who is this?" Bart took out his pistol and shot the console, saying, "Well, it was becoming a lousy conversation, anyway." "We should probably head down there, because they'll be heading up here any second" Captain Patch suggested. "We might as well be good guests and at least meet them halfway."

We entered room 666, and there were no guards, I assumed Iger felt he didn't need them with the droid patrolling the floor. There were 4 huge glass tubes at the side of the room, with some sort of milky fluid in them. Something was in them, but it was too dark to see through the liquid. In the middle of the room was a large light table with a control panel. Red turned it on, and started hitting buttons, and we saw it was a holograph map device.

The map popped up, showing the area around the complex, with the Quabbin Reservoir highlighted in red. What the heck was Iger planning in the Quabbin, I thought? Red punched a few more buttons, and a holo of Iger appeared, and he began telling us, in detail, what the heck he was planning in the Quabbin. Well, that's pretty convenient, I thought, as I glanced around for popcorn to go with the movie.

He was utterly mad. He laid out his plan as we watched in horror, starting with poisoning the Quabbin with a Schmisney approved "Kool Aid". Once the drugs were ingested, Iger would have complete control over whoever drank from their tap water. There were buildings to be erected in every major city in America, with rooms just like this. Within a year he stated, and they would be ready to begin. He would control America, and he would turn it into his own morbid Magic Kingdom.

We all looked at each other and shook our heads. Raven spoke up first,"This room has to be erased. Now." I walked over to one of the tubes, and flamed my hand, looking it over, barely making out something inside. I lit the other hand and back lit the tube and the insides became clearer. I studied it for a short time, then my face went pale, and I said, "These are incubation pods. The maniac is growing something in them."

End Chapter 5

The Iger Sanction

Chapter 6

The elevator door opened on the exec floor, and there were 4 guards waiting for it, and they sprayed the inside with machine gun fire.... but the box was empty. The guards stared in, and as they turned to go report to the commander, Tom stretched out of the hatch in the ceiling, coiling around one. A greenish mist rose out of the seam under doorway, and solidified as Jade, who was standing there with 2 Super Soaker water cannons filled with Dave's Insanity hot sauce. Great on chili, bad on eyes, trust me.

A cute widdle puddy tat then dropped from the ceiling, which turned into a Barbary Lion, weighing 500 pounds, and looking mighty hungry. Jade blasted the group with the burning hot sauce, while Molly the lion barreled them to the ground. They looked around the hall and saw no other guards, then quickly sent the elevator back up, and soon the exec hallway was filled with S.C.H.M.U.C.K.'s. Breaking into small groups, they all began searching for the Board of Directors offices.

Raven went over to the control panel by the tubes, studied it for a moment, and then hit a few buttons. The fluid began draining out of them, and the horror that was within slowly started to become revealed. They were humanoid, very tall, and it looked like every inch of skin had been peeled off of them, and the remaining flesh looked red and corrupted. "Where have you been all my life, Mr. tall, dark, and gruesome?" I said staring at one.

Snowflakes began flying around Red's head, like the beginnings of a raging blizzard, and I heard Matthew's claws clicking together to my left, as we all just looked at the atrocities that were coming more into view. They were human-like disease factories, and as we had learned from the holo, they would go wherever Iger sent them and detonate themselves, sending their spores into the water systems. "A plan would be good right about now" said Matthew, "Anybody got one?" We all shook our heads, waiting to see what was going to happen when the fluid had finished draining.

Heading down the east corridor, Tom, Rose, and Tiger came to the first exec office. Two guards stood on either side of door, staring straight ahead, holding machine guns. While the others watched, Rose shrank, and changed to a butterfly, and flitted down the hallway towards the guards.

The pair watched her zip left and right, and then hover directly in front of them. The butterfly appeared to be staring at them, and the two gave out a laugh and pointed at it. The tiny delicate butterfly wings were suddenly gone, and in a blink, they were standing two feet away from an Andean Condor, flapping its indelicate, 11 foot wingspan at them.

Jaws agape, they went to raise their guns, as Tom snaked around them, like a human straight jacket. The fire extinguisher rose off its wall hook, and flew across the room, with Tiger bonking them on the heads with it. The guards fell with a thud, and were dragged into the office and left by the water cooler to chill.

They entered the office of Susan Arnold, and a surprised Susan looked up from her computer saying, "Who are you? Get out of here now." "Sorry Susan, it’s you who are getting out" Rose replied, while taking one of the specially designed, and velvety delicious, demon destroyer coconut cream pies out of a sack.

Tom twisted around her chair and secured her hands to the arm rests, as she flailed and protested angrily. Tiger spied the unwrapped egg Mcmuffin on her desk, and sent it flying in the air, with it making a greasy landing in Susan's profanity spewing mouth. "You really should know better, Susan" Tiger scolded, "That sort of language is NOT Schmisney approved." Rose approached, and splattered the pie into Susan's face, while holding it firmly in place.

Susan began to shake in her chair, and then violent spasms began, until...something... leaped out of her body and hovered over them, clearly not happy at being evicted. It growled loudly at them, as Tiger whipped out the vial of pomegranate flavored holy water, and threw it in the face of the demon. The apparition writhed and let out a wail, perhaps from tasting the pomegranate, and began spinning overhead, until there was a flash of light, and it was gone.

"Your guest has been sanctioned, Susan, and sent back to hell" growled Rose. Susan slumped back in the chair and spit the partially chewed Mcmuffin onto the floor with a splat, and began sobbing softly. "Thank you..." she managed to whisper before passing out. One Exec down and eight to go, and then on to find the Mouse King.

No one moved in room 666, the fluid was nearly drained, and we all stood watching the four tubes. The creatures had turned a dark blood red color since the fluid was gone, and the veins that laced all over their bodies pulsated, in a grotesque sort of dance.

"Maybe they need Iger's command to engage" I speculated. "I'm not sure that they--" just then, a monitor flashed on, and Iger was staring at us, with absolute hate in his eyes. "Indeed, they do need my command" he spat out. "Since you are so curious about them, I will let them come out to play for a while. But please, do not keep them up too late, as you can see, they must get their beauty sleep." The monitor snapped off, and a moment later the tubes began to rise off the creatures.

Rebel, Charlotte, and Angel peered around the corner at two guards in front of the office of Judith Estrin, wondering just how to introduce themselves. Rebel finally said, "Hold my camera Charlotte, and pretend you're filming. Angel, take this clipboard and look like a production assistant." Rebel put on Charlotte's hot pink silk scarf, took out a light meter, and began waving it around flamboyantly as they all came around the corner towards the guards.

"No! No, no, no!!! The lighting in this hall will not work at all!" Rebel yelled. "I distinctly told them that I must have sufficient wattage! It looks like Dracula's bedroom in here! I simply cannot work under these conditions!!!" The guards looked at them, and apparently thinking they were going to be in a movie, never moved from their post.

The faux Hollywood crew made their way over to the guards, and Rebel barked loudly at them, "You! Yes, you! The one with the Magnum P.I. mustache! Is that the only color those dreadful uniforms come in? It must go, it is clashing with the soft pastels of the hallway! My film will be ruined! Ruined I tell you!!!"

One of the guards walked over and said, "Sir, what exactly are you doing here, I wasn't informed of any...." "Shhh" Rebel gestured, while motioning him closer, "We are doing a Schmisney remake of "Death Wish". Then Rebel leaned in and whispered to him, "And you are starring in it." Suddenly, there were 12 more Rebels standing scattered about the hall, with the guards eyes darting between them, and exclaiming, "What the?" "These are my "Extras" said Rebel, "I just hate paying union scale, and it keeps my films under budget."

Angel and Charlotte dropped their props and stepped forward. Charlotte pointed at the pair of trash bins in the corner, and they changed into two angry ferrets, which immediately scurried at the guards and ran up their pant legs. An angry tornado began circling around Angel, and lightening was crackling over her head.

The stunned guards started to raise their weapons, as they were protecting, um, other things from the ferrets, and when they went to pull the triggers they saw they were both now holding giant candy canes. "Ho ho ho" Charlotte laughed at them. "Now let’s see if you two can do The Peppermint Twist".

The tornado around Angel suddenly shot forward, engulfing the guards and spinning them in it, and then tossed them violently against the wall, with both of them slumping to the floor as it dissipated. They stepped into Judith's office, and the frightened admin ran out as they passed her desk and saw the delectable cream topped pie.

They threw open the door, and Judith leaped over the desk at them when she saw the pie, her face twisted with rage. A lightning bolt shot from Angel's fingers, knocking Judith back on top of the desk, as Charlotte changed the In and Out boxes on the desk top to iron shackles. A couple of Rebels slapped her wrists into them, then another Rebel picked up the pie and said, "We only brought the one pie, so this has got to be first take, I hope I get your good side."

The pie landed with a splat, as Judith gave out a scream behind a mouthful of succulent freshly shaved coconut, and the demon shot out at them. Angel and Charlotte both took out the purple holy water, and covered the vile freak in it. They smelled burning flesh, and the thing gave out a painful cry, as it went up in an unholy fireball, and was gone.

Judith slumped back and lay on the desk and moaned softly, then opened her eyes and saw the shackles on her wrists, and twelve smiling Rebels standing around her. She gave a confused look, and then groggily asked, "Oh my, is it the Christmas party again so soon? Would one of you be a dear and go get me another drink?" Two down and seven to go.

In room 666, the creatures had begun to stir up on their platforms. They stepped off the pads and lurched towards us, the thick, dark veins, pumping God knows what through their grossly misshapen bodies.

One sprang at Matthew, who dived over the light table, and sliced off a section of metal from the computer housing rack and cracked it in the head with it, and then sliced its chest open, leaving deep claw marks in its flesh. The creature stumbled back, with orange goo seeping out of its chest, and onto the floor. The creature looked down at it, and within seconds its wounds were beginning to heal, and quickly the marks were completely gone.

An icy blizzard began swirling around Red and then fell to the ground in front of her, constructing an 8 foot snow beast, with long, razor sharp icicle shard fingers. It grabbed the creature, and slashed its belly open, the same vile orange fluid seeping out, along with whatever innards this thing came with from the factory. As Red watched, the creature gathered up the organs, and stuffed them back into its gashed stomach, and this one began to heal also.

An invisible Raven came up behind one, and drew two containers of anti-bacterial hand spray like six guns, and emptied them on to it. The creature fell to the floor and began writhing in pain, as Raven stood over it and said, "Dang, the stuff nearly melts his head off, and I still managed to get the flu twice last year. What's up with that?" Within seconds though, it had recovered from the spray and was looking at her like she was a nacho cheese Dorito .

The fourth one came at me as I was looking at the writhing one, and grabbed me from behind in a bear hug. Its rotted arms making me feel as if I was dancing with a corpse. Jesus this thing smelled bad, like an old chicken Mcnugget sitting in embalming Mcfluid.

As it raised its hand to claw at my face, a hot stream of fire came out of my mouth, searing its hand off at the wrist. The thing howled, and dropped me to the floor, as I rolled back away from it. I watched as it studied the charred stump where the hand had been, and unlike the others, it wasn't regenerating. I quickly backed into the corner and yelled, "They burn!" I then shouted loudly, "Everyone get the heck out of here, now! And lock the door behind you!”

End Chapter 6

Last edited:
It's just as funny now as the first... or third time I read it.
Thank God you didn't write it in "pirate speak" cause that can be the most annoying "language" ever. I be har to tell ye I t'wouldn'ta read pass ta firsst paragraph. ~shiver me timbers, literally

TY, it was either English, (New England English) or Pig Latin. Can't do Pirate Speak, I always start hittin da rum when I do, then I can't even read it.

BahahahaHA! I can do Pig Latin. My lil sis and I used to do that behind Mom's back. Yeah, some of the words one couldn't say without getting the mouth washed out with soap or rubbing the hiney from a good ole southern butt whooping. Oh the days....

Have two Bro's, they taught me all the soap in me mouth words too. No butt whoops though, Northern psychological torture up here.

Have two Bro's, they taught me all the soap in me mouth words too. No butt whoops though, Northern psychological torture up here.

I have 3 older bro's, and what I didn't learn from them, I learned in Kindergarten. I can best any sailor I tell ya. xD

***southern butt whooping = Mom made us pick our own "switch" off the tree and then proceeded to use it on us....southern torture. OMG, can you imagine how she must have lol at some of the tiny branches we took to her. Yes, we were often sent back outside several times to retrieve another. ROFL

We got sent to bed with no Hockey game. In hindsight, not bad. I'm thinkin a Hockey stick would smart a bit, but at least I wouldn't have to carve my own.

We got sent to bed with no Hockey game. In hindsight, not bad. I'm thinkin a Hockey stick would smart a bit, but at least I wouldn't have to carve my own.

LoL! You northerners are just a soft bunch, I say. I can see a mini hockey stick somewhere around you Dream if you had to provide your own tool of punishment.

The Iger Sanction

Chapter 7

Mark, Jason, Abracadabra, and Jeffrey approached the office of Fred Langhammer, which was teeming with guards outside. Something interesting must be going on inside, they all thought. "There must be a dozen of them up there" said Abracadabra, "How are we going to get in?" Mark rummaged in his back pack, took out some acorns, and handed the pack to Jason and said, "Create a distraction, naturally".

He suddenly ran out around the corner and flipped the guards the bird, while yelling "Schmisney games stink!" He then mooned them, and ran off up another hallway, with 10 of them chasing him. "What the heck is he doing?" asked Jason. "Whatever the hell he wants to, and challenging 10 enemies at once" replied Jeffrey. "Hmm, that sounds familiar for some reason" said Jason.

With the place nearly cleared, Jeffrey shot a smoke grenade arrow at the remaining guards, creating a thick, dense cloud in the hallway. When it began to clear, Abracadabra was standing in front of the guards, waving her hands around, with electrical sparks dancing off her fingertips.

They began to raise their guns to shoot, and she brought her hands together in a clap and went poof in a puff of smoke. The stunned guards spun around looking for her, and she was standing behind them laughing. Sparks began crackling from her hands again, as she reached down and grabbed the barrels of both of their machine guns, and said, "This is my favorite part of the trick, I bet you'll get a charge out of it."

The sparks circled around the barrels and traveled up the guard’s arms, and they began shaking and twitching, like they had gotten a bad carnival corn dog. She let go of the guns and the two men stood there for a moment, then dropped like a stone to the floor, with the heels of their steel toed boots melted to the tiles.

They opened the door to the office, and found Fred inside, who was conveniently having a conference with Monica Lozano, Sheryl Sandberg, and Orin Smith. Jason stood in the doorway and counted, "One, two, three, four. I'm afraid one of you may need to share your pie."

All hell broke loose, as the four jumped up from the table and attacked. Jason stepped forward, raised his arms and a worm hole appeared over the room. He swayed his hands to the left, then right, and then dropped them, and the hole engulfed Orin, and then disappeared.

Jeffrey drew three arrows, shooting them all at once, and the whole room lit up in a sort of disco inferno. Not being a fan of disco, I was thankful I wasn't in that group. The blinding strobe of lights provided a few seconds for Abracadabra to somersault and roll into the middle of the three that were left.

She began spinning like a top, with the crackling electric field surrounding her, then it shot out at the three of them, who began convulsing, with smoke starting to come out of their collars. Suddenly, the electric charges stopped, and the three of them dropped to the ground faster than a Lone Ranger movie at a multiplex. "Bring back the other one" said Jeffrey, as he took out a pie. Jason waved his arms in the air, the hole opened again, and Orin dropped out, and was immediately shmooshed in the face with the pie.

They quickly dealt with the others, dispatched the demons, and left the room. As they stepped out of the office, they were just in time to see the ten guards running past them up the hall…… with Mark, and what looked like roughly 100 squirrels chasing them. The sound of tiny claws, click, click, clicking, and Mark laughing like a madman, while throwing acorns at them, was all that was heard in the hallway. "OK, now THAT’S funny" laughed Jason. It was now six down, and three to go.

Back in room 666, I burst into flames, and screamed again, "Leave I said! And lock the door behind you!" "What are you...?” Raven began to ask. "Leave now, or you'll die, it's begun. I won't tell you again" I said sternly, as the flames began to engulf me. They reluctantly left the room, and the creatures moved closer, and began descending upon me.

The flames were melting the floor tiles under my feet, and quickly growing hotter by the second, until they became white hot, and spreading further outward from my body. I was becoming more fire than flesh, and began to slowly rise off the floor, with the ceiling starting to darken, and the paint peeling off the wall behind me. Fire began to spill out of my eyes, and the sockets around them were becoming blackened from the flames pouring out.

Looking up, I saw my reflection off the mirror on the wall next to me, and thought to myself, I had finally gotten my Alice Cooper eye tats from Schmisney. "Mmm, I guess I'll Love It To Death" I whispered to my new friends, who were directly below me now, and they were reaching up for me. I began twitching and jerking from the intense heat, and I was still growing hotter, but I felt it was getting very near the end of this party.

I gazed down at the creatures, and said, "Tell your daddy that I will be waiting for him in hell." I began to descend down into the monsters, and I started to sing to them the only lullaby that I could think of. "...... We sweat and laugh and scream here .... cause life is just a dream here ..... You know inside you'll feel right at home ..... here .......... Welcome to my nightmare."

They reached up and began ripping at my legs like I was a piñata, hoping to get all of my delicious goodies to spill out onto the floor. I couldn't even feel them as they dragged me to the ground, all I could feel was the incredible heat that was still building up inside me, becoming unbearable.

Then I felt something, like a switch being flicked off inside me, and I looked up at them and smiled, as my eyes rolled back in my head, and I felt my heart stop beating. The creatures stopped attacking me for a moment, perhaps sensing something, then there was a blinding flash of light and all the heat within me was released.

The wide eyed creatures incinerated in seconds, I suppose if they could have screamed, they would have. I lay there, not moving for a moment and looked around me, I had never felt this tired before. All that was left were four piles of ashes and a blackened and burning room. I smiled as I closed my eyes, and heard waves crashing on a beach, and I felt like going for a swim.

Tiger, Kelly, and Stpehen were just nearing the office of Robert Matschullat, when they saw him come running out of his office and yelling at the guards, "Find them and eliminate them!" It seemed the word was getting out, there was no need for stealth anymore. "Kelly, please restrain the gentleman" Stpehen asked. Vines began sprouting out of the walls all around Robert, reaching out and enveloping him.

The guards turned to face us, and Stpehen the ten foot tarantula was two feet away from them. They were both splatted with a web blast and they stood in abject terror, as they were being sealed in its cocoon. "You aren't going anywhere, Bob" said Tiger. "Get back here and open your pie hole."

They walked past the guards towards him, and they heard someone say, "Fools. You are all fools" and Kelly was hit in the back by a shotgun blast. She fell to the floor, as Tiger and Stpehen turned to see Aylwin Lewis and John Chen, the remaining two board members, advancing on them. Stpehen began changing, and morphed into a boa constrictor that looked like it came from the SYFY channel.

Tiger moved forward to get in front of Kelly, who was writhing on the floor, and said, "Good, we won't have to come looking for you two. Thanks for saving us the walk." "You mutants are all the same" said Chen in a disgusted tone. "You are all more muscle than brains. Did you really think you would win this war? You will not leave this building alive."

Chen shot Tiger in the chest, which knocked her twenty feet down the hall, as Stpehen reared up to strike. From behind, Robert picked up the large flower urn in the hall, and threw it at Stpehen, hitting the giant boa in the head, and dazing him. Dirt and mangled flowers lay all over him, as Robert advanced with a machete to chop off the snakes head.

Kelly moaned from the corner, thankful that the skin tight and incredibly uncomfortable black leather catsuit was also bullet proof. She looked up at the botanical massacre and mumbled, "You shouldn’t pick on defenseless flowers you damm cowards." The floor behind the three execs started to crack, then the tiles flew to the side, as three massive Venus Flytraps rose out of the floor, snapped their gaping jaws at them, and swallowed them all in a giant gulp.

Tiger and Stpehen stumbled over to Kelly, and they all got pies ready to finish this part of the mission. Kelly looked at the plants and said, "In the words of 007, shaken, not stirred." The plants shook their heads in the air a few times, and then spit them out, crashing them into the wall hard enough that they left face prints, before the three slumped to the floor. They all raised their pies, and put an end to the last possessed exec. Iger surely knew they were now heading his way, and one would assume that he was preparing a welcome for us.

The door to room 666 was welded shut by the heat of the blast. They tried opening it, then knocking it down, but it was reinforced steel. Looking around the hall, Matthew ran over and picked up the discarded head of the battle droid and ripped off the eye slot cover and said, "Maybe this thing still has some juice in it." Sticking a hand in the open, mangled neck, he found the laser trigger and cut a large hole in the wall to the room.

"Holy sheet, it looks like a bomb went off in here" said Red. "It did, and there it is" Raven answered, pointing at me in the corner. "I'm not getting a pulse, and she's as cold as a quahog" Raven stated. "What's a quahog" asked Matthew? "Never mind, we need a healer here fast" Red added. Raven got on the radio and said, "Captain Patch, please get up here now, we are in need your services. Dreamcatcher is dead again."

End Chapter 7

I am still sorting through these wonderful writings of yours - Dream - but I wanted to say that you are a very good writer (with a ton of 'hilarious' analogies).

Good work my friend and what would be most fitting is for Mr. Iger to read these, himself. :piratemickey: (Maybe then, the o' chap would reach for his favorite brand of RUM [lord know it isn't 'Kraken Black Spiced'], his plastic eye-patch, and his cell-phone to speak with his contacts to enlist you as the screen-writer for the upcoming POTC - 6 movie, due to be released [at best] by 2036, lol)! :cool:

We had all finished eating, and Tiger reached down into a huge bag and started pulling out fortune cookies and began tossing them around the room. The sound of cookies breaking open was the only noise heard, and then there was dead silence, as we all stared down at our fortunes. They were all the same, and there were blood stains on the white paper. "No more warnings. Download the Apps, or it is Game Over. ---R. Iger". Suddenly, the Szechuan chicken was fighting with the Peking duck in my stomach.
Absolutely "hilarious." :lol1:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why thank you Shamus, I'm glad you are enjoying reading the story, it's nice to hear from people that are following it. You are never really sure if something is any good or not, or how it will be received, so the feedback is well appreciated. As far as Iger goes, he may not be around to see the next Pirate movie, if I have any say. Oh wait, I do. Muhahaha. And as the saying goes, "Death is easy, comedy is hard."

The Iger Sanction

Chapter 8

"Aye, I'm on my way" Captain Patch acknowledged. He made his way to the security elevator, with Tom, Griffin, and River in tow, just in case there were a few guards along the way. They stepped off on the thirteenth floor, and from down the hall another battle droid came around the corner, this one more sophisticated than the last. "We'll handle him, get in there, Patch" River said.

He ducked though the hole in the wall, as the others advanced on the approaching droid. The eye slot opened on the droid, and they saw a red glow, getting brighter. River took off his glasses and the white light filled the hall, as the droid released a laser blast at them. The white light caught the beam, and held it place, while Tom stretched across the hallway in front of the droid.

Griffin disappeared, and then materialized right behind the huge droid, and he started pushing it into Tom. When it had reached Tom's limit, Griffin stopped, and materialized back where he had been before. Tom flung the droid like a slingshot, with the white light adding to the push.

It slammed against the wall, just as Matthew leaped from the hole and fell on its chest and began hacking with those titanium claws. The wires in his neck severed, and its head popped off like a champagne cork, and rolled across the room, finally coming to a stop almost next the other head. "Why do they make all these dang droids silver" wondered Matthew? "I'd like to see a green one now and then." "I'll settle for dead ones" added Tom.

The Captain's jaw dropped when he entered the room. "It looks like World War Three went on in here, what happened?" "Dreamcatcher ate some magic mushrooms and chased some bloody rabbits down a hole, but now she’s stuck in Wonderland" Red said. "Can you help?" "Perhaps. Let’s have a look see." The Captain said as he knelt down and removed his eye patch.

There was no eyeball inside the socket, it looked like dark, empty space, with twinkling stars and flashes, like comets zooming past. Tom, Matthew, Griffin, and River had come in and stood watching with Raven and Red. The stars began to group together in the eye hole, and solidify as one bright, white nova star. It pulsated, and started to grow brighter, and the light spilled out and fell on me.

I was standing between Griffin and River watching this, and the light seeming to warm me, even from over here. This went on for a few minutes, and The Captain frowned, and mumbled, "It's not working, she's resisting. I'm not sure she wants to come back." Yeah, he was good alright, who the heck is he, Dr. Phil? I really can't say I didn't want to come back, but I wasn't in any great hurry to either.

It was so quiet and peaceful here, I was lying on the beach at the ocean. I smelled the salt air and low tide, I love the smell of low tide, and heard the waves lapping at the sand. I felt I could stay here on the beach forever, it felt like home.

Just then, I heard my Dad's voice calling to me in the distance, and he didn’t sound very happy. He was saying that it was a such a nice sunny day, and I should be out enjoying it, not stuck here in the darn house, there will be plenty of time for that later. I smelled the ocean once more, and said, alright Dad, I understand. I'm still not sure I want to, but I'll go out and play for a while. No, don't worry, I'll be home on time, I promise. I love you.

I walked over to myself and knelt down next to Captain Patch, and leaned in and gave myself a good slap in the head. "We had beachfront property, and you had to come back? God, you're a pinhead." I lay down and closed my eyes, and heard The Captain say, "Her head just jerked, almost like someone smacked her."

The warm glow of the light felt good, like I was lying at the beach again. I tried to bury my toes in the sand, but I couldn't feel any, and then my eyes opened and I looked around the room at everyone standing over and staring at me, and asked, "Hey, um, who stole my margarita?"

As we were leaving the room, I hung back and said to Patch, "Thanks Captain, I owe you one". "You're welcome" he said, "And I'm glad you decided to listen to him and come back" he said behind a wry pirate smile, while putting his eye patch back on. I looked up at his visible eye and nodded my head, whispering, "Yeah, me too, I guess."

The tearful reunion didn't last long, as River said, "I hate to break this up, but I think there is still a crazy guy with delusions of grandeur running around here." "And he's not going to be happy at all" said Rose, "Dream barbecued his kids."

We made our way back to the exec floor and joined the others, who were handling stray guards who kept coming along. So far the only ones that had been killed, well, besides me, had never been living in the first place. We would like that number to remain unchanged and I was saying my prayers that it would.

"There's a special staircase down the hall that takes us to Iger's floor" Foulbones said. "He seemingly doesn't even trust his own directors, so he's down there alone. Well, alone with perhaps an army of guards." "Maybe so" added Matthew, " but we have a Hulk". Rose turned to Matthew with a puzzled look, and asked, "We do?" "Actually no, but it sounded good didn't it?" Matthew replied.

The stairs were up ahead, and there were few guards left up here to worry about. As we approached the door, the video screen to the right of it was showing endless loops of Schmisney ad propaganda films, with the footage touting their burning devotion to kids and families. The end of the montage showed a close up shot of a smiling Walt Schmisney, and I stood there in front of the monitor and felt like crying.

The thing on the floor below us had stolen most of our childhoods and had corrupted Walt's dreams, and left us all now with only tarnished memories of a better time. I raised my hand and melted the screen, I couldn't watch it any longer. "It's go time" I said "Let’s take some magic out of that son of a beaches kingdom."

Bart walked up to the door, and we watched his hand become an enormous sledge hammer, which he raised and brought crashing down on the door a few times. It finally flew off the hinges, and came to rest on the landing below, with a dent the size of Justin Bieber's ego in the center. Rose looked at Matthew and whispered, "Maybe we do have a Hulk."

The door at the bottom of the hall took even less effort for Bart, perhaps Iger should have gone to Home Depot, he might have lived for another few minutes. We stepped into the hall, and were greeted by three Alpha series battle droids, I suppose that's where all his door money went to.

From the other part of the L shaped hall, three more droids appeared, all Alphas. "A few more and maybe this will be a fair fight" said Rebel, while multiplying into twelve more Rebels, all bearing helmet cams. "A dozen different angles, this movie will be my masterpiece!"

Emily threw up shields in both directions, giving us another minute, as the droids came closer. They began firing lasers, which the shield absorbed, but she couldn't hold it for too long with their firepower. "Okay Em" said Raven after a we were prepared, “Drop the shields, and let’s see what scrap metal is bringing in these days."

The shields went down, and parts of the walls exploded all around us. Apparently, Alphas couldn't hit the broadside of a barnacle. Red threw the shimmering snowball that had appeared in her hand, which beaned one on the head, and then began spinning around it, until its head was encased in a solid block of ice.

Abracadabra leaped out in front of the three in the right hall, doing somersaults, and landing ten feet in front of them. She wrapped her cape around herself, and began spinning, faster and faster. The three droids all fired at her at once, and the lasers danced around her cape, looking like an atom, until she flung them back at the droids.

The beams ricocheted off each other, staggering them, as Tom stretched and snaked through all of their legs. He reached up and took hold of the ceiling air vent, and upended the droids, giving them all a mouthful of industrial carpet lint.

Vines began rising out of the floor, and wrapping around them, holding them face first to the floor. Matthew and Bart each leaped on the backs of a droid, and Bart began crushing, as Matthew started hacking. "I just need one more head to get a full set" Matthew laughed. "I'm gonna make them into a lamp."

While Bart was pulverizing his droid under what was now a hand that resembled a wrecking ball, Foulbones dissolved into a wisp of smoke, and seeped into the other droid. It immediately writhed and flailed under the vines, then ripped them off like they were Silly String.

Getting to its feet, the Foul/droid said, "My sincerest apologies to the plants, I am very sorry" then it loped off up the left hallway, towards the other droids. "I think Foul is on The Juice" I said to Rose. "Compared to the others, he looks like a 'roid droid." Whatever he had done inside that thing, he did look bigger, and thank God he was on our side.

He reached out and picked up one of the droids, and swung it around like a weapon, slamming it into one of the other two, literally demolishing both in a few whacks. He dropped the mangled droid to the floor, faced the other one and said, "Hello Mr. Alpha, my name is Mr. Goodwrench, and if you don't stop annoying my friends, I will dismantle yer skinny little butt.”

The droid looked confused, if that is in fact, possible. He began coming at Foul, then stopped, and fired on the thirteen Rebels, missing all thirteen of them. Geez, where does Iger get his droids, Ebay? Foul picked up a broken droid head and bonked Alpha with it, getting his attention. "What did I just tell you about annoying my friends, you bucket of bolts?" he yelled. "My blender has more artificial intelligence than you."

It turned to Foul and began firing, clipping him with a laser in the arm and slicing it off at the shoulder. Foul reached up with his remaining hand and ripped off his eye slot covering, and instead of red, an eerie black light began to flicker from inside. I had never seen anything that black before, it looked like a thousand souls of the dammed.

The Alpha fired again, as Fouls beam met it and began pushing it back, as Foul advanced on the droid. He picked up the droid by the throat, and drew his face inches from the eye slot and said, "The poets say the eyes are the windows to the soul. Look into my soul, friend." The black light seemed to be devouring the red beam, until the red light just went out, and the black light entered the other droid's slot and grew even darker. Both droids shook, and their heads appeared to bulge for a moment, before they both exploded in a fiery ball.

All that was left was a pile of smoking, twisted metal down the hall. The smoke rose off the pile, and a wisp of it drifted away and swirled in a circle for a moment, and then formed a tiny smiley face in the air. "He's fine" said Red. "But I guess it’s true what they say about second hand smoke, it’s a killer."

Foul drifted back over, and solidified again, replying, "Not I, all natural, and carcinogen free." "Really?" teased Raven, "Then why is there a warning label stamped on yer butt?" "Because we are in Massachusetts, land of the smoke free, and home of the knave." "And we really should finish this and get out of here before a Kennedy shows up, there's way too much tight black leather running around here" said Rose. We headed further down the hall, and we now had to assume our every step was being watched by Iger in some way.

We turned right, then left, and all that was there was a long dead end corridor with a single door at the end. Above the door was a video monitor, and to either side of it was laser mounts on swivels. "Thar she blows" said Kelly. "I hope he has time to see us, we forgot to make an appointment." "Jesus, it's just him and droids down here" Angel noted. "I guess he really does dislike humans." "I don't think humans are that thrilled with him, either" added Matthew.

"Why thank you, Mr. Sideburns, you are both correct. In fact, the dislike is quite mutual" the voice of Iger resounded through the hall. "But very soon the world shall bow before me and call me their king, and they will cherish me. They will cherish me, or they will die!" There was dead silence in the hallway, until Carlene said, "Great, just what the world needs, another damm king."

End Chapter 8

Last edited:
The Iger Sanction

Chapter 9

Jeffrey took out two nitro tipped arrows, drew his bowstring, and the laser mounts disintegrated, along with a large section of wall. He drew two more and said, "I call these ones Moles" which hit near the door hinges and burrowed through the metal. We walked up to it, and as Bart was about to pound it, Raven simply pushed it with a finger, and it fell inward to the floor. "Little pigs, little pigs, let us come in" she said to the open doorway.

We entered the room into complete darkness, even the light from the hallway was now barely visible. I flamed my arms, and tossed fireballs into all the corners, which lit up the room. Directly ahead of us was a massive and ornate set of double doors, looking more suitable in a palace than an office building.

To either side of the doors stood two guards, decked out in full medieval armor, standing stock still and holding swords in front of them with the points touching the floor. Curiouser and curiouser I thought, it was as if the lower we went here, the insanity level went higher.

As we approached the guards, they snapped bolt upright, and raised their swords to the tips of their nose in salute. They both then lowered the swords, turned, and each grasped one of the large door handles and pushed them open. There was a red velvet carpet on the floor, which trailed off into the growing darkness of the room beyond the doorway.

We stood just inside the room and listened for a moment, but heard nothing from further inside. I was just about to flame on, and a torch lit on both sides of the carpet, then another set further down. As we began moving down the carpet, another set would light in front of us, leading us to him, we assumed. I heard a big cat, and then another, in the darkness in front of us, and I asked, "Hey Molly, one of your friends?" "They aren't with me" she replied, "They sound housebroken."

Suddenly, torches lit all around us and the light unveiled we were standing in the middle of a large throne room, with silk curtains, wall hangings, and little naked cherub statues, which have always bugged me. If I wanted naked angels peeing vodka in my glass, I'd work for Enron.

At the center of the room, there was a tall platform, with probably the most expensive throne I have ever seen, it looked to be solid gold. Sitting on it and looking down upon us was Iger. He wore a red velvet robe, with fluffy white sable draped down it, and I could only imagine which endangered species were killed to make those damm boots.

To top off his outrageously egotistical ensemble, he of course wore a jewel encrusted crown and held a scepter, which looked a bit like he got it at Iparty. "He looks like Liberace in a Barbie crown" I said loudly. "Liberace at least had talent though, you just talk a lot, old man."

The two black panthers at his feet suddenly sat up, and began growling softly. Then I heard more growling, louder, coming from behind me. I turned to see a snow white Siberian tiger, one of the largest cats to have ever lived, two inches from my face. "Jesus, Molly" I stammered, "Now I know what a field mouse feels like."

The panthers moved a bit closer, then hunkered down and gave a low, throaty growl. Molly gently brushed me aside with a paw nearly twice the size of my head, and took a few steps towards the cats and let out a roar that was probably heard in Schmisneyland, California. The cats were either unafraid, or dumber than dirt, as they kept approaching.

"Call them off, your highness" ordered Griffin, "They haven't got a chance." Iger said nothing, he just stared down from atop his golden perch and smiled. The cats leaped at Molly, who simply raised one of those paws, and brought it crashing down onto the cats. One was knocked ten feet, back to the base of the throne, the other rose again, and came in for another try.

Just as Molly swung the paw, it leaped high, and landed on Molly's back. The two cats rolled and fought across the floor, until Molly landed on top and pummeled the panther into a long cat nap. She morphed back to human again, and came back and stood with us. "Now there's someone who deserves a kitty treat" remarked River.

He still remained silent, but Iger now had anger in his beady little eyes. "What are we going to do with him?" asked Angel. "Do with me?" Iger spat out. "How dare you presume to think you have won by besting two cats. You were fools for not having downloaded the App and you are bigger fools for having come here, and you will certainly die for that stupidity. Dear and naive Walt Schmisney is dead and buried, prepare to meet the new Schmisney family."

Iger pushed a button on his chairs arm, and the curtain behind him slowly raised, revealing a menagerie of, I assumed, his failed experiments. One failure can be another success though, as he had a blood thirsty, mutated army standing behind him. They looked like extras from The Walking Dead, perhaps with maybe a few from Barnaby Jones or the Golden Girls thrown in. Some of the creatures had half of their heads missing, some of them had two heads, but all of them were headed towards us.

There were no plans anymore, this was going to be like a hockey melee from the 70s, it didn't matter who you hit, just find someone to hit. The creatures poured off the stage area they were on, perhaps hundreds, there were too many to even try guessing. Tom stretched to the ceiling and grabbed the chandelier, and Bart grabbed his feet. Bart's hand became a thick, heavy anchor chain, which he began swinging, as Tom swung him.

Red threw two snowballs onto the floor in front of her, and two abominable snowmen rose out of them, with big red eyes, and huge white teeth. Abracadabra produced a black top hat, and said, "Ta-da!" and began pulling tiny snakes out, and tossed them around. In seconds, the tiny snakes grew into 30 foot Anacondas, and slithered into the things.

Jason opened two worm holes overhead, and out dropped some sort of Tyrellian sand creatures, nine feet tall, if they were an inch. Raven went invisible and took out a can of Whoop butt that she found off Ebay. No idea what it did, but I hoped Rebel got it on film.

Matthew’s claws sprang out, and he yelled, "Woo hoo, its invasion time!" and jumped into the fun. Bart swung the chain into the crowd, lassoed two of them, and flung them in the air. I raised both arms, and fried them to a crisp, before they hit the ground.

The Abominable Snowmen apparently were acquiring a taste for something other than Rudolph, as they were biting off the things heads and eating them. If we weren't so busy, I'd ask them if they wanted fries with that. Jeffrey began drawing and firing off assortments of arrows, which was simply a sight to behold. Nitro arrows took out groups of the big uglies, napalm and acid tipped ones killed scores of them in the rear section, and the marshmallow fluff ones disabled many, holding them stuck in place.

Matthew looked like he was enjoying himself, he was cutting a path through the monsters, jumping over, tumbling, and hacking at everything in sight. "At least there's no Keg Runners blowing up in your face" he yelled. The Anacondas were getting fat bellies, they must have eaten dozens of those things, and I was getting sick watching them.

Raven opened up the can of Whoop butt, and threw it to the ground and stepped back, having no clue what would happen. A dense cloud of smoke filled the area, and you could hear the can ripping apart, and then explode. There was no sound from the smoke for a moment, then something yelled, "Ohhhh, yeahhhhh! Can you smell what the Rock is cookin'?!!!" Dear God, she has released Dwayne Johnson on the poor SOBs, I thought to myself.

The Rock emerged from the smoke, and began body slamming everything in sight, and seemed to be looking around for a turnbuckle to jump off. I turned to Rose and said, "I know they are evil undead spawns of Satan, but it just doesn't seem fair." Rose looked over at me, shook her head and said, "You really are the strangest person I know." As I turned back to watch Rock do some mighty entertaining cooking, I replied, "Flatterer."

It was an absolute sea of blood, or whatever it was that ran through those things veins, washing over the room. I never saw anything like this, and I hoped that I never would again. The new, onrushing mutations were climbing over the piles of dead ones in order to reach us. And still Iger sat in that damm chair, watching this carnage, and smiling ear to ear. There was really only one monster in this room, and his bloody reign was coming to an end, it was just his choice as to how.

The Tyrellian sand creatures turned into a swirling desert sand storm, and spun around one of the monsters like a tiny tornado. They solidified and encased it inside their block of cement, and then began squeezing it like a booby trapped room in a mummy movie. I turned away, just as I heard a sickening POP, and bones crunching.

Rock had climbed atop the ice turnbuckle that Red had thoughtfully constructed for him, and launched himself into five of them, taking them down like they had just insulted Clint Eastwood's mule. He went to get up, and he began fading, and turning into smoke again, until he evaporated in front of us. All that was left was an XL pair of tiny spandex shorts on the ground, and the lingering aroma of something cooking. "Dang" said Raven, "I'm going back to Ebay and getting me a six pack of that Whoop."

The orange tide of blood was finally subsiding, and fewer and fewer of them were climbing over the meat wall to get to us. Iger was finished, unless he had another trick up his puffy shirted sleeve. The last of them were disposed of, and Jason opened the worm holes again, and began sucking out the corpses into deep space. Let Tattooine handle the funerals, because we wanted no part of it.

We walked back in front of Iger and stood staring at the little tin God, the latest, but not last, failed ruler of the world. "Where are the Apps, old man?" questioned Tiger. "They have to be destroyed too." Iger refused to accept defeat, and he remained defiant. "Guards! Remove these freaks from my presence!" He yelled, clapping his hands together regally.

The two knights entered the room and approached Iger, looked at us, and threw their swords on the floor. They took off their helmets and tossed them at Iger's feet, with one of them saying, "I'm going home to dinner, your majesty. I was in Spania, and the wife was too. Six years and she never did get the black corset. I suppose that was too much to ask .... " Then they turned their backs on him, and walked out the door.

"The Apps, Iger, now" restated Tiger. As he sat on his throne, his face became beet red, and horns began peeking out the top of his crown. His scepter changed into a staff, he rose and fire began spewing from it's tip. He shot a blast of flame down at us, hitting one of the thirteen Rebels, which melted to the floor. "Crap, that was my close up camera, you rotten...." screamed Rebel.

A thick vine smashed thru the floor, wrapped around the staff, and flung it to the back of the room by the doors. We all drew out our pies, and began advancing on him. One by one, we smooshed Iger in the face with the pies, each stating the name of their pirate as we did so, until the demon jumped out of him and hung overhead. Iger fell to the floor, and we attacked the thing with mutant savagery, each of us delivering a blow.

The demon tried to escape, and return to hell, but Foul grabbed his throat and held him fast. Everyone uncorked their bottle of holy water, and the demon tasted the wet, pomegranate flavored wrath of God. It twisted and writhed on the floor next to Iger, screaming in pain, then there was a flash of light, and eerie Exorcist music begin playing, as it melted into the floor.

All that was left was a charred section of tile that looked like a pentagram, and I went over to it and scraped it into a blot with my boot. Iger stirred on the floor, and Red asked again, "What are we going to do with him?" From the double doors behind us, we heard someone say, "Hey, this is a nice staff, no wonder we couldn't get a legendary one, he kept it for himself."

"Hello, Shamus, I was wondering when we'd be seeing you" I said without even turning around. "Aye, sorry mates, but Amherst Ma. be hard to find, all trees look alike to a pirate." He then added, "Are thee through here? We have some unfinished business to parley with the gentleman." "He's all yours" I said, "Just make sure you get that App from him before you leave." "Aye" Shamus said nodding.

Behind Shamus, the officers of Revive stepped forward into the room, all holding buckets of tar and bags of feathers. I silently wished we could stay to watch the party, but I wanted to get this darn leather off before it became fused to me. We all walked by them on the way out, and I glanced at Shamus and said, "You all have fun now." "Aye, fair winds, mates" he replied, as they rolled out a barrel and lit a fire to heat the tar.

Leaving the throne room, we were soon back in the hallway, with the fluorescent lights giving off a familiar glow. We retraced our steps up to the main floor, thinking it will be nice leaving through the front door, instead of sloshing through the sewers again.

Stepping out of the elevators, and coming to the main lobby, we began hearing noises of people running towards us, getting louder and closer. We emerged into the lobby ready to battle something, and saw ten terrified guards go running past us, followed by a maniacally laughing Mark, throwing acorns, and one hundred squirrels chasing them.

"And you better not screw up Star Wars! You sons of..." Mark was yelling at them. I looked around and asked, "OK, whose turn is it to go get him?" "Yours" replied everyone, and they began laughing. I frowned and said, "Oh crap, I'll never get this darn leather off."

End Chapter 9

Epilogue

I woke up the next morning, sober, and in the same position I had fallen asleep in. I looked at the clock, and realized I had slept for ten hours uninterrupted. Trying to remember the last time that had happened, I went to the kitchen and made coffee. I took a hot shower, and drove down to headquarters to see how everyone was doing.

The rum bottle was gone from the flower pot, and there was a small rose peeping up through the layer of snow on the top. "Too early for you, my friend. Back to bed with you." I said while walking past. Going through the door, I glanced around and saw no one, then went to the kitchen for some coffee.

I looked for my Cheech and Chong mug, but it wasn't on the rack, so I took my "Yankees Suck" mug down, washed it, and poured coffee in. I hesitated taking a sip, then sheepishly tasted it. Ahh, no pumpkin, just coffee in my coffee.

Swiping an unmarked yogurt from the fridge, I wandered to the living room to see who might be around, and find out if everyone had gotten as good a night’s sleep as I. Griffin and Captain Patch were playing Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em Robots in the corner, and I smiled as The Captain snapped his robots head back down and asked with a hearty laugh, “Good shot, mate! Best out of 143?”

I walked over to the mail table, and there was a package there with just my name on it, no address, and no return address. I looked at it, glanced at Raven, who shrugged, and I opened it. A hard drive was inside, with a note saying: “The party was fun, sorry you guys missed it. This is the only copy of the App left, it was scrubbed from the Schmisney system, and the drive ripped from the computer. By me. Iger sends his apologies to you all, and says “Cluck.” Fair winds, Shamus"

The group that was sitting around the TV watching “It’s a Wonderful Life” looked up, and saw me staring at the hard drive. “Computer problems, Dream?” asked Matthew. I stared at it for a moment longer, then said, “No, more like solutions.”

My hand inflamed, and roasted the hard drive, and I dropped it in the metal barrel and sat down with the others to watch the movie. As I reached for the popcorn, half a white chocolate Kit Kat bar went flying past my face and bonked Tom on the side head and fell to the floor. I sat back on the couch while chewing on a mouthful of popcorn, smiled, and thought to myself, aye, I guess it really is a wonderful life after all.

The End

"Great" story and writings, @Dreamcatcher. :good post: *I really liked your willingness to include other people into the above chapters of this story because it does adds to the humor, creativity, and the humility of it all as the reader understands that you were quite gracious to focus upon others (rather than yourself) within the above writings.

In response to the whole theme going on above (lol), I wanted to include a series of pictures and video which might possibly sum up what I do happen to take away from this very creative and wonderful piece you were willing to share with the rest of us.

~ Again, thank you for sharing with the rest of us your skill and/or talents! ;)

-------------------------------------------------------

Look at this "smile" below. It was grinned with pure EVIL... :evil laugh:

slide_204549_609247_sq50.jpg

...and yet, there is a hidden seriousness to that smile that not even his own ma and pop could understand!

Disney%20Grandchildren.jpg

So, what was it...hmmm...that made the man tick? Oh, I know; he hoped to become the world's PUPPET MASTER, yeah - that's it!

:puppet:
bobsig2.JPG

That smile :D, "oh yes" - that smile of his...

ChewieIger_tilt-186x186.jpg

bob-iger.jpg

...had duel intentions...
01pixar.xlarge1.jpg

...but yet he always contemplated the benefits of both GOOD v.s. EVIL...

star-tours-opening-lucas-iger-vader.jpg

...but that smile :D of his, "oh yes" - that familiar smile...

iger-illo-490.jpg

...would ultimately seal his fate!

star_wars_bob_iger_a_l.jpg

"Hey kid? Come here..."

bd2f70208eb69f7273525015f97143f2.jpg

...do you want some CANDY?" :yum:

image.jpg

:confused:
200px-Mark_Hamill_2010.jpg
0.jpg

_8.jpg

"Gentlemen, I wash my hands clean of this weirdness!"

dep-300x261.jpg
:facepalm:

THE END

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that's what I call a response, never had animated ones for the stories before. And Tony Bennett gets those fingers a-snapping .... except for Iger's, his are busy working the strings. And is it me, or does his face look about to crack when he smiles? Chewy appears none too happy to be in his Selfie, either.

Thank you for following the story, and I am glad it was enjoyed, but I think it was more fun writing it though. Adding the other pirates into it was the only way it would work for me, and I think people would get tired of just seeing me running around after a couple chapters. The challenge of it was trying to make the powers fit the person, I think, plus not having them feel gypped by giving them a lame one. Oh, and if Mark is reading this, "Comic relief" has always been the cornerstone of a story, and most often steals the show. And no one can throw an acorn like Mark......

Again, thank you Shamus, and all who read and enjoyed it, it's nice to have a place to post a story and see how it goes over.

Last edited:
Back