The Legend of Jason O'Connell

Do you like this story?

• Total voters

Jason O'Connell

Forum Mod
This will be a three-part story about the life of my main pirate, Jason O'Connell. I am working on chapter one right now and I will post it tomorrow.

It's based partially on the game, but most of it is my own writing.

All the characters in my story will be one of these:
1) Actual characters from the movies
2) Players in the game
3) My pirates
4) Characters I made up

Hope you enjoy it!

$
PIRATES of the CARIBBEAN
THE LEGEND OF JASON O'CONNELL

PART I
THE HUNT FOR THE BLACK PEARL

CHAPTER I
HOW I BECAME A PIRATE

This is the story of my life. If you are reading it, then you have found it where I hid it, on Tortuga. Do not let the British get their hands on it. As long as it is preserved, the legend of Jason O’Connell will live on.

I was arrested for suspicions of piracy and taken to a local navy prison on the island of Rambleshack. “What should we do with this one, sir?” a soldier asked his superior. “A pirate?” “Aye.” “Put him with the others.”

They took me to the prison cells and threw me into a cell. “Ugh, I can't believe this,” I grumbled. “Can't believe what, mate? That you've been caught?” a voice in the darkness answered. “Who are you?” “Captain Jack Sparrow, at your service.” “You mean you're THE Jack Sparrow?” “CAPTAIN, and yes.” “How do we get out of here?” “I thought you might ask. See these bars? Old and rusty. With a little leverage...” Jack stepped back then kicked the old cell door with all his might and it came off the hinges. “And now it’s time to make our sortie, as in exit, as in leave, as in NOW...” He ran out of the jail. By the time I got outside, he was gone.

There was a building up ahead, so I cautiously walked toward it. The island was being pelted with grenades, so I started to walk faster. I opened the door and inside, there was a man who I had seen before on Port Royal. I had heard stories about him, when he was only a child, being found floating on debris from a ship, and rescued by a navy vessel. His name, William Turner. He pointed a sword at me. “Who are you, friend... or foe?” “Uh, friend. Definitely.” He lowered the sword slightly. “You’re Jack’s friend?” “More of an acquaintance, really.” “You’ll need a sword. Here take this.” He handed me a rusty cutlass. “Not the best, I know, but it will do for now.” He then gave me a ‘crash course’ in how to handle a sword. Suddenly, some skeleton men burst into the room. Will stood between them and me. “Go! I will hold them off.” I made haste for the exit.

Once outside, I was confronted by two more skeletons. I killed them with my new cutlass and sword skills. There was a ship ahead; I ran for it. The captain yelled to me, “Hurry, get on quickly, before more undead scum get here. Keep an eye out for their ships.” It was very foggy; I could only see a few yards from the ship. “I see one!” I yelled. “Quick grab a cannon and open fire!” I loaded the port cannon and shot a few round shots at it, sinking it. “Nice shooting, mate.” “SPAAARROW!” a very frightening voice yelled from another undead ship. “Hold yer fire! It’s Jolly Roger, and he’s got us dead to rights,” the captain said to me. “Where is that yellow coward, Sparrow? Beck, we had a deal!” “Sparrow paid me double what you was payin’ so here’s your money back.” Jolly growled at him. “Looks like the price of loyalty just went up, eh?” Beck chuckled nervously. “What, can’t take a joke?” Jolly reached out his hand and used his ‘powers’ to turn Beck into a skeleton. He threw him aside. I started to back away, knowing I would be next. Jolly turned to me. “Dead men tell no tales, so I’m forced to let ye live, but the sharks may not be so charitable. Just make sure Sparrow knows I’m coming for him.” He made me walk the plank. I looked back at the ship. Jolly ordered his men to sink Beck’s ship. The nearest island was Port Royal, so I swam there. I knew where to find Jack, but I needed a ship.

Sorry it's late, but here it is:

CHAPTER II
EARLY LIFE

I haven’t told you much of my past. It all started one night no different than any other. A child was born to William and Mary O’Connell on the island of Raven’s Cove. I lived there until I was about three years old. From what I remember, it was a beautiful island; I ran around and played with my friends every day. But one day, all of that changed. Jolly Roger, who killed Bo Beck and would have killed me, destroyed my home and killed my father and everyone else on the island.

When Jolly’s ship arrived at one end of the island, my father took me and my mother to the other end and put us in a dinghy. He stayed behind to help the other townsfolk fight off Jolly. Little did anyone know that he was more powerful than anything they had ever seen. Jolly stormed the coast and destroyed everything in his path. The townsfolk fought bravely, but to no avail. Everyone was killed, that is, everyone but one sole survivor known as Crazy Ned. Nobody knows how he managed to evade Jolly’s path of destruction, but somehow he did. He still lives on the island with the ghosts of those who once lived there. Some of the ghosts are friendly, but others, the tortured souls of men and women whom Jolly brutally murdered, live on as beings rumored to be as powerful and dangerous as Jolly Roger himself. They are known as Rage Ghosts. Only the bravest pirates dare to fight them, and most meet their demise.

But, enough of that. Shortly after Jolly’s invasion of Raven’s Cove, my mother and I were rescued by a navy ship. They took us to Port Royal, where I grew up. My best friend was a boy named Jack Dreadbane; he had a sister named Maggie. His father was a merchant; his mother a seamstress. His father had a small boat which we always wanted to sail. When Jack and I were about thirteen, we finally managed to convince our parents to let us sail it. We first stopped at a small island called Devil’s Anvil. It was full of crabs and giant scorpions. We continued north, and ended up on Tortuga, the home of the pirates. I met a girl there, named Jade Seafury. She wanted me to stay, but I told her that we had to go back home. I liked it there, though it was a complete contradiction to the urbane manner of Port Royal. I promised Jade I would return someday. We returned to Port Royal about a week after we had left.

When I was sixteen, I got a job on a navy ship as a cabinboy. My mother died shortly after; she contracted a disease with no known cure. The Dreadbanes offered to take me in, but I needed to get away. I joined a crew of pirates headed for Tortuga. We plundered some navy ships, but when reinforcements arrived, we were forced to surrender. We were taken to the Rambleshack prison, and that is where I met the legendary Captain Jack Sparrow.

CHAPTER III
INVASION

I got a ship from a shipwright on Port Royal and sailed to Tortuga. I docked my boat only to get a sword in my face when I landed. Some pirates eyed me cautiously and one suggested that they send me right back where I came from, but a pirate named John Foulroberts stepped in front of me and told them to leave me alone. He asked me my name and where I was from. He then told me the present predicament. The infamous Jolly Roger and his undead army were headed for the island! Then, a pirate lookout screamed that he was here and everyone drew their swords. I drew my rusty cutlass. This was my new home, and I wasn’t going to let it be destroyed.

I met some other pirates during the fight, Will Nightwolf and Captain Star. They were much better at fighting then I was. We continued to fight as several waves of undead came on the shores. Just when it seemed like we would win, I heard Jolly’s menacing voice yell, “this will be the pirate’s funeral fire!” He stepped on shore, killing several pirates in his path. The weaker pirates fell first, leaving the more experienced to finish him off. He made it to the center of town and was about to storm the Faithful Bride tavern, where Jack Sparrow was, but a few brave pirates managed to foil his plans. Jolly had been beaten, for now. We killed all the remaining undead before they could escape.

A pirate named Esmerelda Sharkfellow told me where I could be trained to use a pistol. On the island of Devil’s Anvil, there was a cave and inside was a pirate known as Hector Barbossa. I took my little light sloop, the Savage Cobra, to Devil’s Anvil to meet Captain Barbossa.

Back