The most weird thing happen???????

Jeffrey O'skull

Honorable Pirate
I was looking at my friends file and i so this lol.
screenshot_2012-04-15_21-12-44.jpg

Look at is clothes it got faces on it lol.

NOTE; i want those clothes lol. XD

One of the lovely graphical errors of the Caribbean!! Sometimes images from the Phase Files get thrown onto those player cards and make them bug out... Let me see if I can find that "interesting" pants texture...

Yep yep, found it...
View attachment 28422

Hey JJ ... Do you have any guess where that image was supposed to go? It looks like an unfinished design to me. I can't imagine they even thought about putting it anywhere ... or, the game designers would still need to render it with something else? But usually phase files had very detailed images, which would be simplified for the game when they designed them, and not the other way around.

Creepy looking up there, btw ... :eek:

Hey JJ ... Do you have any guess where that image was supposed to go? It looks like an unfinished design to me. I can't imagine they even thought about putting it anywhere ... or, the game designers would still need to render it with something else? But usually phase files had very detailed images, which would be simplified for the game when they designed them, and not the other way around.

Creepy looking up there, btw ... :eek:
My guess is it's a template for the different "textures" you can choose for your face when creating a pirate. There are several others in the files for male pirates, as well as female pirates. Yes, everything is done in high quality, and then simplified and altered as needed to fit the graphical settings of the game.

These images are called "maps" in the files - they are designed to overlap a 3D model used in the game.

My guess is it's a template for the different "textures" you can choose for your face when creating a pirate. There are several others in the files for male pirates, as well as female pirates. Yes, everything is done in high quality, and then simplified and altered as needed to fit the graphical settings of the game.

These images are called "maps" in the files - they are designed to overlap a 3D model used in the game.

Makes much sense, thank you for the good observation ... Several others? I wonder if they make specific templates for different complexions (skin colors), types of nose (since nose is considered a template up there, long-thin one), shapes of face/jaw. I notice that eyes are not, since they put hollow on the cavities (so many possibilites for eyes, in relations to shapes, colors). That particular example up there is for the male, with the beard marks. Could you find an example for the female one? I'm just curious. ;)

Makes much sense, thank you for the good observation ... Several others? I wonder if they make specific templates for different complexions (skin colors), types of nose (since nose is considered a template up there, long-thin one). I notice that eyes are not, since they put hollow on the cavities (so many possibilites for eyes, in relations to shapes, colors). That particular example up there is for the male, with the beard marks. Could you find an example for the female one? I'm just curious. ;)

Those details would be altered in the game through the creation - no need for individual templates. (There would be millions of different templates then with all that customization - best to keep things simple :))

Here's an example of a female template:
female_face_asian_a.jpg

Back