The "Strike Yer Colors!" Contest Winners (04/06/12)

Honestly, I would've liked it more if we, the players, could be the judges instead of Disney. We should be able to decide which ones we want in the game. We should be able to go to a whole page with submitted designs and be able to vote on which ones we like the best. Also, the other ten should've been added to the game as well. I liked a lot of the first place designs.

Also, we shouldn't be allowed to vote for ourselves if that did happen.

Also, we shouldn't be allowed to vote for ourselves if that did happen.
Why not? The only rule for that would be to vote on an emblem once only on each account... One person wont be desperate enough to create 25 accounts just to like theirs 25 times... You can have multiple votes, just cant vote on one a bunch of times.

these are ok i guess...
i kinda think they just chose the ones who were made by the "Younger" children, so they wouldnt be disappointed or something. disney kinda chooses the bad ones. but i like the mermaid one its nice

these are ok i guess...
i kinda think they just chose the ones who were made by the "Younger" children, so they wouldnt be disappointed or something. disney kinda chooses the bad ones. but i like the mermaid one its nice
Disney needs to stop trying to make little kids not feel bad. That's what the parents' jobs are. Disney needs to focus on making money and gaining popularity.

Disney needs to stop trying to make little kids not feel bad. That's what the parents' jobs are. Disney needs to focus on making money and gaining popularity.
So this wont happen...
830px-PiratesClosing.png

(fake) credit to pirates online wiki

ok.... well I just got back and looking at these makes me very dissapointed. Honestly I thought I wouldnt win not because of creativity but because I go a little crazy and over the top when it comes to things like this (-_- I admit it) but just come on I think some of the second prize winners should have won instead (that and personally I think that Disney could have come up with those ideas on their own). Now with that said I think they tried to make the little kids feel good. Now I understand that Disney is all about little kids but this is supposed to be a game for people of all ages (though now seems unlikely, also looks like they are simply using the Pirates Of The Carribbean name now)

ok in short next time let the people who play the game judge
So this wont happen...
View attachment 27738
(fake) credit to pirates online wiki
Gotta say that looks like what this game is going to, I think Disney's just trying to get the last out of it while it can because honestly I think that this is a joke, and thats just putting it lightly. I must say though some designs I like they are simply just too simple to be called creative they have to start thinking about what they do now because this game is still going downhill again.

ok.... well I just got back and looking at these makes me very dissapointed. Honestly I thought I wouldnt win not because of creativity but because I go a little crazy and over the top when it comes to things like this (-_- I admit it) but just come on I think some of the second prize winners should have won instead (that and personally I think that Disney could have come up with those ideas on their own). Now with that said I think they tried to make the little kids feel good. Now I understand that Disney is all about little kids but this is supposed to be a game for people of all ages (though now seems unlikely, also looks like they are simply using the Pirates Of The Carribbean name now)

ok in short next time let the people who play the game judge
Gotta say that looks like what this game is going to, I think Disney's just trying to get the last out of it while it can because honestly I think that this is a joke, and thats just putting it lightly. I must say though some designs I like they are simply just too simple to be called creative they have to start thinking about what they do now because this game is still going downhill again.
I hate to say it but you're right. The game is going downhill and gaining speed with it too. Honestly Disney needs to put their money to Pirates and stop putting all of it with Club Penguin. I don't hate Club Penguin but seriously. They get way more events, and updates than potco does in a month! All in all, Disney needs to pick themselves up and turn the "train around" so to speak or else we're all heading for "stranger tides". No pun intended :p :fight:

I hate to say it but you're right. The game is going downhill and gaining speed with it too. Honestly Disney needs to put their money to Pirates and stop putting all of it with Club Penguin. I don't hate Club Penguin but seriously. They get way more events, and updates than potco does in a month! All in all, Disney needs to pick themselves up and turn the "train around" so to speak or else we're all heading for "stranger tides". No pun intended :p :fight:
To be honest this game went downhill late 2007 early 2008 when they started changing the islands around, now we all thought it was getting better but from the looks of what has happened I realy think that were going down again. Its funny though because club penguin gets more updates in a month than we do in a year and with the current MMOs out now pirates doesn't stand a chance most of those games have more content and a better story than pirates along with having less bugs (that last part is more of about half of the games). What I want to know most though is if the same people developing pirates are also working on club penguin as those are the only 2 big online games Disney has right now (if not the only 2) so if Disney cant step this game up then they need to hand it over to a company that can actually handle the game.

The five best designs in my opinion are:
1) Cutlass Wolf
2) Jolly Skull
3) Trident Skull
4) Compass
5) Storm

The mermaid looks cool, but the rules said hand-drawn, and it looks like it was done with a computer....

Test has been updated and the new emblems are there now. I don't know what else is there, but I just thought that I'd share the news. :) :fight:

Back