Event The TLOPO SvS League!

Antonio Gunshot

Swashbuckler
porc_2_-_Copy-picsay_1-picsay.jpg

Hosted by Antonio Gunshot, Beast Man, Lord Gold Air, Davy Plunderbones, and Kate Bladefury

Ahoy! I hope everyone has been doing well in these tough times for the world. For most of us, it means we're stuck at home... So what better way to spend all that extra time than with some SvS?

I am happy to announce this project that has been in the works a while now... the TLOPO SvS League!!! Imagine your favorite team sport--whether it be soccer, football, baseball, you name it. We have been working on organizing a "league" which will function similarly to how these team sports do, but instead for SvS crew battles!

So how exactly will this work? Teams of 4-6 pirates will band together and create a team to enter the league, either a bunch of guildmates or a group of friends. Once everyone has signed up, each week (called "Matchdays,") teams will face off versus each other 1v1. Each team chooses a single ship, and then the gunners hop on and then crew battle commences! The first crew to 7 sinks wins the game. Ideally, each team will face off versus each other at least once, or maybe even twice during the span of the league. Scores and statistics will be recorded and kept track of each week. Many battles will also be recorded and/or streamed with commentary from people like myself, Lord Gold Air, and Beast Man!

Who: Anyone is welcome to join the SvS League! Skill, level, or experience doesn't matter. (If you are lower level or not equipped with the cannon rams you may need, we are considering planning mini Cannon Defense and looting events to help you get equipped! So if you aren't equipped or ready for SvS, this may help you out. :) )

When: The league will likely take place over the course of a month or two. But that all depends on the number of teams that enter! Signups officially open today and will remain open till Saturday, March 28th at 11:59PM EST. If all goes well, Matchday 1 will begin on Mar. 30th.

How: Weekly battles between teams will be organized in a Discord server chat. Each week, teams will be assigned to a "Matchday Setup" Channel. In each channel, the 2 teams facing off will be able to establish whatever date, time, and server they want to face off in. They will have the entire week to plan the battle and make sure it happens before the next matchday. It is okay if not every single team member from both sides makes it, as long as MOST do. That's why we are giving plenty of time and freedom for teams to organize their battles! Also, matchday schedules will be planned long in advance, so you will know which team you face each week long before they happen.

Why: Because why not? Many people say SvS is dead. I disagree, but this will definitely bring life to SvS!

As previously mentioned, signups open today! The link to them is here:

Please note that only the team captain of each team needs to fill out this form! YOU MAY ONLY ENTER ONE TEAM--so plan accordingly for that. Also, don't fill out this form until you have confirmed with each one of your teammates that they will be willing and available sometime each week to participate! The OFFICIAL rules of the league are in the link above. Please read them before creating a team. (They aren't that hard but apply mainly for team naming.)

Once your team is signed up and confirmed, we will invite you all to the official Discord as soon as we can!

If you have any questions about the league or the rules, let me know down below! I or another SvS League admin will answer as soon as we can! Thanks a lot, we hope to see yall participating. :D

Back