TLOPO Cinematic Films Short: Forsaken Shallows!

More Cinematic Films On TLOPO?

• Total voters

Tyler Grow

Pirate
Hey everyone, former content developer here at TLOPO-Tyler Grow,

Here is a cinematic short film I directed, edited, and composed for the launch of Forsaken Shallows! What do you guys think, feedback? Should there be more of these?

:piratedance:This was also used for my application as a Video Editor for TLOPO. If you like it be sure to spread the word and tell those guys to hire me! I have plenty of content to bring to the table, including more cinematic shorts! :piratedance:

Please Note: Making these kinds of videos is no easy task. Directing, blocking, and cinematography was extremely difficult as I was limited to what I could do because I do not have access to the "cinematic tools". However, having access to those kinds of tools would allow me to expand and fully reach the potential these videos could do. I have a range of voice actors on standby for these videos because I run a crew of film-makers that specialize in making online video game films. Directing, video editing, scoring, are my specialty. If hired I feel like I could really bring to light the potential TLOPO has for the medium of youtube videos. I've been doing this for over 3 years and my videos have reached over 300,000 views.. So if you want to see more of these videos, please and kindly consider me! Thank you all! :)

View: https://youtu.be/dfa3FV1Yric

UPDATED: Here are some alternative videos I Directed & Edited on TLOPO. :)

TLOPO ISLANDS:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=547mekk0os4

THE MISSION:

View: https://youtu.be/g0lgdLlO2hE

Last edited:
Keep up the fantastic work, mi amigo!
TLoPO would be foolish to refuse hiring you, especially considering your knowledge, skills, and abilities with this kind of art.
I know you could help to popularize this game if they hired you, this cinematic short was phenomenal, and definitely television worthy!

Keep up the fantastic work, mi amigo!
TLoPO would be foolish to refuse hiring you, especially considering your knowledge, skills, and abilities with this kind of art.
I know you could help to popularize this game if they hired you, this cinematic short was phenomenal, and definitely television worthy!
Thanks Samuel!

GG sir, if you ever want help in voicing/QA/etc. let me know, been into video game testing since 2002, so I can assist in various ways. Liked how you captured the area with what can be done/how it can be done/etc.

GG sir, if you ever want help in voicing/QA/etc. let me know, been into video game testing since 2002, so I can assist in various ways. Liked how you captured the area with what can be done/how it can be done/etc.

Thanks! Capturing in-game-footage just as a "player" in this game is difficult. Having access to a sort of "Spectator Mode" will allow me for Tracking Shots, Mediums, Wides, Close Ups, Dolly shots, etc. My ultimate goal here is to be able to make it look like a cut-scene which is possible with the right tools. This is one of many the things I have to suggest to the TLOPO Community/Devs for making Youtube Videos and expanding the medium regarding Youtube and other social media platforms! (If Hired as a Video Editor)

Hey everyone, former content developer here at TLOPO-Tyler Grow,

Here is a cinematic short film I directed, edited, and composed for the launch of Forsaken Shallows! What do you guys think, feedback? Should there be more of these?

:piratedance:This was also used for my application as a Video Editor for TLOPO. If you like it be sure to spread the word and tell those guys to hire me! I have plenty of content to bring to the table, including more cinematic shorts! :piratedance:

Please Note: Making these kinds of videos is no easy task. Directing, blocking, and cinematography was extremely difficult as I was limited to what I could do because I do not have access to the "cinematic tools". However, having access to those kinds of tools would allow me to expand and fully reach the potential these videos could do. I have a range of voice actors on standby for these videos because I run a crew of film-makers that specialize in making online video game films. Directing, video editing, scoring, are my specialty. If hired I feel like I could really bring to light the potential TLOPO has for the medium of youtube videos. I've been doing this for over 3 years and my videos have reached over 300,000 views.. So if you want to see more of these videos, please and kindly consider me! Thank you all! :)

View: https://youtu.be/dfa3FV1Yric

Impressive You, definitely have good editing skills I like the cinematic Very well done.
Regards - Chris NightCore™

Impressive You, definitely have good editing skills I like the cinematic Very well done.
Regards - Chris NightCore™
Thanks so much!!!

I have a Tia Dalma voice actress on stand-by, unfortunately she couldn't record in time for the video to be released but I would definitely love to make another one soon (hopefully as the official editor for TLOPO) with Tia and Jones. I have numerous other Voice Actor's ready as well, so I can just think of all the possibilities we could do for TLOPO. Thanks for your kind words of encouragement, I'll remember that. :)

Thanks! Capturing in-game-footage just as a "player" in this game is difficult. Having access to a sort of "Spectator Mode" will allow me for Tracking Shots, Mediums, Wides, Close Ups, Dolly shots, etc. My ultimate goal here is to be able to make it look like a cut-scene which is possible with the right tools. This is one of many the things I have to suggest to the TLOPO Community/Devs for making Youtube Videos and expanding the medium regarding Youtube and other social media platforms! (If Hired as a Video Editor)
If you are given access to magic words, ~oobe is the command for the free camera. It's great for dolly camera movements, but for horizontal/rotational movements it's only as smooth as you can move your mouse. If you haven't worked with it before, it works almost exactly like the camera in pview (the program you use to view phase files) so I recommend you get used to that environment. Also as I said the camera isn't all that smooth so it's usually hard to do motion tracking on in-game footage. If you're going to go that route then make sure you record with your tracking reference point in view as long as possible and keep the camera level consistent. That will save you many hours.

Alternatively you can use "~ghost 7" (very nearly invisible ghost) in tandem with F12 (hide GUI/name elements) to simulate a first-person camera. This looks especially cool as you zoom in. In most cases you can't see the pirate but there are a few cases it might just barely be visible. Without a magic word for it or use of python injection this is the closest you can get to hiding the pirate. If any developers are reading this, make ghost 7 completely invisible for this guy's sake lol.

If you are given access to magic words, ~oobe is the command for the free camera. It's great for dolly camera movements, but for horizontal/rotational movements it's only as smooth as you can move your mouse. If you haven't worked with it before, it works almost exactly like the camera in pview (the program you use to view phase files) so I recommend you get used to that environment. Also as I said the camera isn't all that smooth so it's usually hard to do motion tracking on in-game footage. If you're going to go that route then make sure you record with your tracking reference point in view as long as possible and keep the camera level consistent. That will save you many hours.

Alternatively you can use "~ghost 7" (very nearly invisible ghost) in tandem with F12 (hide GUI/name elements) to simulate a first-person camera. This looks especially cool as you zoom in. In most cases you can't see the pirate but there are a few cases it might just barely be visible. Without a magic word for it or use of python injection this is the closest you can get to hiding the pirate. If any developers are reading this, make ghost 7 completely invisible for this guy's sake lol.

Absolutely right. Ghost doesn't make you completely invisible, however, I have come up with an alternative solution (For now anyway.) If you use the Shrinking Grog potion and zoom in, that allows for you to pivot your camera in any way you want and essentially do a "360 Panoramic" with no problem. It doesn't work though if you move your character.

One of the hardest shots I've encountered is when you want to have your character go up to the dinghy. This isn't the first project I've done, so I think I'm gonna go ahead and upload this other one I did as a reference.

LINK :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=547mekk0os4

At shots "3:34" and "3:40" I had to basically align my character right at the in between when you go swimming in the water, and stand on the shore. Then I tilted up to get the effect of him "running along the land". I tried to get a moving tracking shot, but that was beyond difficult, lol. (Especially on an open land sequence like the one seen in the video).

But if what you're saying about the camera being shaky and glitchy even in the "pview" style of things, that's fine. I'll find a workaround. I'll probably end up running alongside the character, or something along those lines. Thanks for the useful information man!

Absolutely right. Ghost doesn't make you completely invisible, however, I have come up with an alternative solution

. . .

But if what you're saying about the camera being shaky and glitchy even in the "pview" style of things, that's fine. I'll find a workaround. I'll probably end up running alongside the character, or something along those lines. Thanks for the useful information man!

"Magic word" is the client's name for an admin command. There really isn't a workaround to the camera besides moving it quickly and shooting the same shot over and over until you get it smooth enough.

OOBE dolly camera. Very smooth and elegant. Note the game preserving memory by un-loading the far-away parts of the island on the left. In large scenes this can look really tacky.
https://gfycat.com/ZanyFlawlessFoxhound

OOBE camera rotation. Very frustrating and inefficient. Good for earthquakes I guess.
https://gfycat.com/BlankKindlyBeaver

Ghost 7 movement. Regular camera placement. Ghost doesn't appear as much in footage but is more noticeable in-game. Also very noticeable from OOBE.
https://gfycat.com/IncompletePresentBeardedcollie

Saved the best for last, ghost 7 first person simulation. The ghost is invisible at full zoom.
https://gfycat.com/MeanGoodAidi

Regardless, good luck with the application.

Last edited:
Back