TLOPO: what it really is.

YiggityYuh

Honorable Pirate
My pirate family,

I want to share with you my opinion on what these forums and the revival is. There been a lot of conflict recently with numbers of things regarding the game, I think most of it is misunderstanding. This is more than a game, as many of you know. This is a community, each and every one of us sharing the same passion for the game and for times when things were different than they are now, with POTCO and Toontown and many others of our age, it sparked a era of unity. Pirates and toons and players from around the world united as one to face the virtual enemy, but also to bond with those who share such a passion for video games. Unfortunately that era has long since passed. Players no longer share the passion, but instead fight in competition to be the best, ignoring the courtesy and honor that the games of old embraced.

While there are several exceptions to this, they are few and far between. I've been around for a week, and what I've gathered is that the real purpose here is bigger than most of us realize. Yes, the purpose is to bring back a game that many of us know and love, but, in that, it is also bring a family back together and welcoming new additions. Everyone who knows of this revival is eager for a key, I myself am desperate for one, but there is something more to getting into the alpha stage other than getting to play the game again. While many of us will be granted early access to the game, there are many more who will not, and it is our responsibility as a community to provide the ever-working staff in testing the servers to bug-proof them so that development may progress and all out pirate brothers and sisters may join us again one day.

Like I said, I've been here for naught but a week and I already feel the presence of this call to unity. I'm sure the developers and staff would all agree with me in that every pirate in this game and forum and wiki and everywhere else can make a difference. Alpha key or not, there are many things that can be done to unite and bring more attention to this wonderful game. Tell your friends, your family, your fellow gamers even if they've never played it. You all know how amazing this game was and is and will be. You know that it can bring people together, as it has brought us together. I submit here now that I am willing to go the distance in service and assistance of the staff and this community to spread the word to the farthest corners of the map so that we may all unite once again and relive the legend as the most notorious pirates of the Caribbean and as a strong community!

I love you all for your support of this game, I thank the staff for giving us the opportunity to play once again, the forum staff for bringing the nostalgia around even sooner, and my fellow pirate community for sharing the same passion for the game that I do. This game means a lot to me and the community even more so, for it taught me what online game are really about and changed my outlook on the internet and its mysteries. My mission now is to spread the word. WE is bigger than ME

I want to apologize for very poor formatting this is as best as i can do but the flow is just not there, I may have to take this post down as it seems to be to difficult to read packed so close together, typing it made sense but reading it now it just doesn't work regardless of how I do it, sorry guys : (

Last edited:
Unpopular opinion: I enjoyed the game for the game, not for the community. :p

There really isn't much we can do, other than providing ideas and suggestions in threads and stating our support of the team, if we don't have an alpha key. I actually don't want a key, personally (of course I wouldn't turn down the offer), but...
While many of us will be granted early access to the game, there are many more who will not, and it is our responsibility as a community to provide the ever-working staff in testing the servers to bug-proof them so that development may progress and all out pirate brothers and sisters
...unless you have an alpha key, you can't do that. :smh:

Spot on mate, you couldn't have said it even better. I didn't read the whole thing but I am pleased to see that we have people like you here who are very dedicated to what TLOPO is aiming to achieve. :)

Unpopular opinion: I enjoyed the game for the game, not for the community. :p

There really isn't much we can do, other than providing ideas and suggestions in threads and stating our support of the team, if we don't have an alpha key. I actually don't want a key, personally (of course I wouldn't turn down the offer), but...

...unless you have an alpha key, you can't do that. :smh:
I'd actually say that though you see your opinion as unpopular many people support that it's a game and to treat it as such. It's more of a decision whether or not to take your dedication to the next level than anything else. I also agree that there is not much we can do, but I may point out that every bit helps no matter the size, especially getting the word out to people who don't know yet. The biggest thing here is the call to be loyal to this revival, many attempts have been made or are being made to bring this back, but this is without a doubt the best shot at it and it needs the support of former players, otherwise the funds are being used in vain.

Regardless of if its about the game for you or for the community, you've come to the right place. The biggest part of my opinion is that the Unity of this group and loyalty to the staff is needed here so that development may be encouraged even more. Even though you say you don't want a alpha key, I still hope we both come across the opportunity to play and I hope to see you in game one day, I enjoyed every pirate who played because they were all into the same game I was and regardless of personality or play style, just the fact that you're on board for the revival makes me grateful to have you as part of the crew! :)

Last edited:
I'd actually say that though you see your opinion as unpopular many people support that it's a game and to treat it as such. It's more of a decision whether or not to take your dedication to the next level than anything else. I also agree that there is not much we can do, but I may point out that every bit helps no matter the size, especially getting the word out to people who don't know yet. The biggest thing here is the call to be loyal to this revival, many attempts have been made or are being made to bring this back, but this is without a doubt the best shot at it and it needs the support of former players, otherwise the funds are being used in vain. Regardless of if its about the game for you or for the community, you've come to the right place. The biggest part of my opinion is that the Unity of this group and loyalty to the staff is needed here so that development may be encouraged even more. Even though you say you don't want a alpha key, I still hope we both come across the opportunity to play and I hope to see you in game one day, I enjoyed every pirate who played because they were all into the same game I was and regardless of personality or play style, just the fact that you're on board for the revival makes me grateful to have you as part of the crew! :)
I'm sorry to ruin the mood, but could you please use some sort of paragraph formatting in your long posts? It's hard for me (and likely many others) to read without the page/paragraph breaks in it.

Correct, (mostly) everygame has a closed alpha and so on. So TLOPO has the goal of adding everything from what was in POTCO to TLOPO by full release. And even new content for example, the FPS meter and achievements.

I'm sorry to ruin the mood, but could you please use some sort of paragraph formatting in your long posts? It's hard for me (and likely many others) to read without the page/paragraph breaks in it.
Yeah sorry about that, I edited it as best as I could, if it's still hard to read I'm sorry

I want to apologize for very poor formatting this is as best as i can do but the flow is just not there, I may have to take this post down as it seems to be to difficult to read packed so close together, typing it made sense but reading it now it just doesn't work regardless of how I do it, sorry guys : (

No need to apologize, it was nice of you to go back and reformat it. Your heart is in the right place mate. I totally got the jist of what you were saying.

:cheers:

@YiggityYuh, this post is very encouraging and makes me smile. Back in February when I first discovered TLOPO, I had (and still have) the same attitude, which led me to write this.

Thank you for being positive, and for backing up the TLOPO staff and community.

:)

My pirate family,

I want to share with you my opinion on what these forums and the revival is. There been a lot of conflict recently with numbers of things regarding the game, I think most of it is misunderstanding. This is more than a game, as many of you know. This is a community, each and every one of us sharing the same passion for the game and for times when things were different than they are now, with POTCO and Toontown and many others of our age, it sparked a era of unity. Pirates and toons and players from around the world united as one to face the virtual enemy, but also to bond with those who share such a passion for video games. Unfortunately that era has long since passed. Players no longer share the passion, but instead fight in competition to be the best, ignoring the courtesy and honor that the games of old embraced.

While there are several exceptions to this, they are few and far between. I've been around for a week, and what I've gathered is that the real purpose here is bigger than most of us realize. Yes, the purpose is to bring back a game that many of us know and love, but, in that, it is also bring a family back together and welcoming new additions. Everyone who knows of this revival is eager for a key, I myself am desperate for one, but there is something more to getting into the alpha stage other than getting to play the game again. While many of us will be granted early access to the game, there are many more who will not, and it is our responsibility as a community to provide the ever-working staff in testing the servers to bug-proof them so that development may progress and all out pirate brothers and sisters may join us again one day.

Like I said, I've been here for naught but a week and I already feel the presence of this call to unity. I'm sure the developers and staff would all agree with me in that every pirate in this game and forum and wiki and everywhere else can make a difference. Alpha key or not, there are many things that can be done to unite and bring more attention to this wonderful game. Tell your friends, your family, your fellow gamers even if they've never played it. You all know how amazing this game was and is and will be. You know that it can bring people together, as it has brought us together. I submit here now that I am willing to go the distance in service and assistance of the staff and this community to spread the word to the farthest corners of the map so that we may all unite once again and relive the legend as the most notorious pirates of the Caribbean and as a strong community!

I love you all for your support of this game, I thank the staff for giving us the opportunity to play once again, the forum staff for bringing the nostalgia around even sooner, and my fellow pirate community for sharing the same passion for the game that I do. This game means a lot to me and the community even more so, for it taught me what online game are really about and changed my outlook on the internet and its mysteries. My mission now is to spread the word. WE is bigger than ME

Here! Here! Very well said! There was always unity and some drama as is bound to happen when there are so many people with so many walks in life that come together for a common cause. My guild on POTCO was a part of my family. Guild meetings every week, plundering and fighting together and even with those who weren't a part of my guild. I made friends from around the country. We were United in the Cause....it helped me get through go a rough patch in my life, and then from there...I just got to enjoy it so much. I was so glad to find that people were trying to bring back that experience. A place to escape, but yet a place to release my inner pirate. It brings me me joy that there are so many who care enough to attempt this great feat of getting this game back up and running. Key or no key, I'm here.

Back