Glitch Took forever to load on a brand-new laptop, froze periodically during loading.

zeolia

Sea Legs
I have a brand-new ASUS laptop, and I freshly downloaded TLOPO, and once I finally got to character selection, picked my server, and went to actually enter the game, booting up the game took forever. I should have timed it, to be honest. It also froze multiple times while trying to load into Padres del Fuego.

My laptop specs:

ASUS ZenBook
Microsoft Windows 10 Home x64
Intel Core i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80 GHz, 2304 Mhz, 4 cores, 8 logical processors
16 GB RAM
Intel UHD Graphics card
TLOPO is installed on my D:/ drive, which has 929 GB free
My download speed is 44 Mbps, upload is 6.2 Mbps.

Last edited:
Addition:

While in-game, and adjusting interface settings, it would periodically freeze, and it just completely booted me out to my desktop and the TLOPO login launcher.

@zeolia Have you made sure your Intel Graphics drivers are up to date? Even on a "brand new" computer, it may have been loaded at the factory a long time ago, or from an outdated system image. Another thing with laptop graphics: if it's shown as "integrated" graphics, that means the RAM is shared between CPU and Graphics processing, if it's shown as "discrete" graphics, then the graphics has it's own RAM to work with separate from the main system RAM.

Also, be aware that Intel Graphics in general seem to be having issues with TLOPO since the PYP update (ex: the "white" screens when moving into a cave/forest/inside area that are still happening after the audio fix have been traced to Intel Graphics systems only).

Back