Training sailing

The sailing rep you get for sinking a ship is based on how many times you hit the target. Use ships with the most broadsides for the fastest leveling. Ask your friends if you can use their ship if they have a bigger one. I'd recommend a small crew of 2-3 gunners. This way you get some extra damage but can still get in enough broadsides.

A larger crew can help get you that reputation bonus of up to 50% as well
I've found you actually get less rep per minute with a full crew despite the bonus because you can only get one broadside per ship, your crew sinks it too fast. With 2 gunners you will get 25% bonus rep and only a little extra damage, which will let you broadside more.

I've found you actually get less rep per minute with a full crew despite the bonus because you can only get one broadside per ship, your crew sinks it too fast. With 2 gunners you will get 25% bonus rep and only a little extra damage, which will let you broadside more.
I suppose that's true. I'm usually sailing for mats so I usually try to get big crews so you sink more ships quicker :) You have a good point though!

As Dragon said the more hits the higher the rep so not pumping your broadsides to max will allow you to hit it more without sinking also - but it will take more time. You could also go after skele ships so your pirate level doesn't go up till you hit full cargo but that can be a pain driving all over.

not pumping your broadsides to max will allow you to hit it more without sinking also - but it will take more time.
Forgot to mention this, it's very important. Keep your broadsides at level 1 so you can average more broadsides per ship. I'd keep it this way until you hit 15 and can use the large ships.

Back