Turn the teleport to player option into a request.

David Stormparr

Honorable Pirate
I know many won't agree with this as it isn't necessarily a problem for everyone. However, it would be nice to have the ability to accept or decline a teleport request. At the moment, anyone from your guild or friends list has the option to teleport to you whether you like it or not. While some have the courtesy to ask, others do not (sometimes creating rather annoying situations.). This shouldn't be too hard to script (I think?) as being asked to join a guild or crew already comes in the form of a request. Would like to know what you people think!

Last edited:
Maybe I'm forgetting something, but isn't it only possible to be set as a TP target from either a) friends list, b) guild list, c) crew list?

So, this is basically a feature request to dodge the very people you associate with in the game? :p
Yes, while I think crew should always be able to TP friends and guildies would be nice to block occasionally. I've even unfriended one person after they continually TPed to me with no warning. It's already an option while sailing, I think it should be expanded to land.

Yes please! I want to be able to control who I play with, rather than having to change if someone I dislike or just don't want to play with Teleports.
Well, to be honest, the only people teleporting I've done was one, they asked me to or we were already crewed and any other time I used it as a drop off point. I've never joined another pirate that way. I hit the ground and keep running. People port to me and I don't even know most the time. Only clue is so and so is coming to visit you. Then I never see them.
I don't see it as a problem really. Doesn't matter to me if the option were added or not.

Yes please! I want to be able to control who I play with, rather than having to change if someone I dislike or just don't want to play with Teleports.
I too like this idea but wonder how it is that someone you dislike would TP. As @deanaug mentioned, these people are our friends and guild mates. It's just that sometimes I want to do things solo, with a single friend, or a select group rather than with any and all of my friends.

I too like this idea but wonder how it is that someone you dislike would TP. As @deanaug mentioned, these people are our friends and guild mates. It's just that sometimes I want to do things solo, with a single friend, or a select group rather than with any and all of my friends.
I've never ever had anyone stick around or make me dislike them. I guess I just don't play this as much as other people.

Back