Two Steps From Hell: Prolouge

John Yellowrat

Notorious Pirate
This is actually the prolouge for a fantasy epic screenplay I'm writing, so here ya go.

It all began with Rok the creator, he is the eternal essence of existence, the vibrant sun, the starry night, he is the endless eternity. Rok created the universe by the power of his will, he summoned the world into existence by clapping one time, an explosion occurred with a power too great and terrible to imagine. Out of this explosion came the planet Arsil, which would be home to the race of men. Rok could not watch over Arsil all by himself; so he created a mystic council, known as the Archangels. They watch over us, they see all that we do, all that we are, and all that we stand for. As a result of their guidance, Arsil was a world of peace and prosperity. Until the Archangel known as Sarnuk betrayed Rok. He sparked a war among the heavens, Sarnuk nearly destroyed everything Rok had created. As a result he was banished down to Rarandum, underneath the darkest chasms on the face the earth, a place so dark, not even light can escape it. He was never heard from again.

Hope you enjoyed

lol yeah I just realized that does sound kind of stupid.
Not really...

Taken by itself, I can see how it wouldn't fit but you are trying to emphasize the description of something beyond what is normally accepted. Therefore, the opposite of dark is light and so...not even light has a chance to escape (invoking a greater sense of hopelessness than the reader is accustomed to/can imagine).

A great "descriptive" attempt, in my book.
:)

Back