• Not as many broadside cannons
  • Faster
  • Reasonable cargo space
War Galleon
  • Fewer deck guns and angles at which to fire
  • Most broadside cannons
  • Slower
  • WAY more cargo space
Generally speaking, my pirate is best suited for plundering, and as such, I often use my War Galleon for plunder runs. It's well suited for this because of its superior cargo space. When I plunder, I park my ship a way away from my target, and have my crew draw the ship into range of my broadsides. I can sink pretty much anything without getting hit at all with this method.

War Frigates are more of a general use ship. I use mine when I'm not sure what to expect, or if I'm going up against something I know is going to hit me, like a SotL or a Hunter. They're reasonably ok at gathering plunder, so they're pretty ok for plunder runs as well (though I prefer the Galleon for that).

Most people get the War Frigate first because its a versatile and useful ship. If you don't mind saving up for it, I'd go for that first.

EDIT: Formatting

This is how I went about getting all the war ships for myself...
Get War Galleon first because:
Lots of cargo room, yielding tons of gold for saving up for the WF.
-I made 10,000 gold a day working my way towards to a War Frigate
This will also help getting gold for the war sloop also and any other things.

I dislike War Galleons..

War Frigate has more health, fast, and has better angles at which to fire.

I'm unobjective about this one, so this is totally my opinion (but I'll bet there are ppl who share the same opinion as mine).

I can't stand slow ships, not when I leveled up my baby pirates, not when my pirates were middle leveled. So I never had a 'stepping stone' for ships. I love sailing, and my goal was always to get a WAR FRIGATE as soon as possible. Had I not had to fight on land, sailing would be my first skill to master (I had to refrain myself to do that and let my sword take the lead, every time). My life as a pirate would be much easier if I had a war frigate. Easier to finish quests, and easier to plunder. War Galleon is just too big and slow for me. I'd rather get a War Frigate sooner, sink-sink-sink and get tons of gold for full or almost full royals, and get back out there to do it all over. No need to wait for the capacity of a War Galleon; a War Frigate can do the job faster and it has stronger weapons (even though not more resistance against attacks), so we don't have to worry about facing Death Omens, Behemoths or Corsairs. Plus the bounty hunters now. It would be a snail pace if I had to wait on a War Galleon to get to where I needed to get.

By experience, I would limit myself to step up from a light sloop to a light frigate, then to a frigate, and ultimately a war frigate. I'd save money for those steps, and just skip all the galleon types. It's so worth it. I got my war frigate on level 33 on my first Jade, 32 on my second Jade, and it was so 'painful'. I got them at level 25 for both my 3-rd and 4-th Jades.

I had a war gallon for maybe a week before i sold it and never got it back. Reason why? It's slow, its a big target and though it has more broadside power, war frigates has better aiming with broads. My vote, definitely war frigate.

get the war frigate first because you hardly use a galleon unless u are going solo.
also if you get the galleon first then the frigate seems alot harder to get after.
tip for gold: go to padres and play black jack bet as much as you can i think its 500, then use those cheat cards to get black jack almost everytime.(only works if you have a lot of face and ace cards).
if your not good at cheating practice with only betting a few gold until your really good.
I have brought in 10,000 in fifteen to twenty min.

Depends really on what you want to do.

War Galleon Pros
1. Lots of cargo space so good for getting fast gold.
2. Strong Hull
3. More Broadsides than War Frigate
War Galleon Cons
1. Slow
2. Easy Target
3. Not as many on deck cannons as War Frigate
4. Terrible in SVS
War Frigate Pros
1. Lots of on deck cannons
2. Front cannons
3. Strong Hull
4. Lots of Crew space (Because of more on deck cannons)
5. Fast
War Frigate Cons
1. Not as much cargo space as War Galleon
2. Not as many Broadsides as War Galleon
3. Not too good in SVS

So each has their pros and cons, I myself prefer the War frigate. It you are looking to level up Get the Frigate. If you are looking to loot. Get the Galleon. If you have any further questions on the ships please feel free to message me. And I hope this helped you with your decision!

get the war frigate first because you hardly use a galleon unless u are going solo.
also if you get the galleon first then the frigate seems alot harder to get after.
tip for gold: go to padres and play black jack bet as much as you can i think its 500, then use those cheat cards to get black jack almost everytime.(only works if you have a lot of face and ace cards).
if your not good at cheating practice with only betting a few gold until your really good.
I have brought in 10,000 in fifteen to twenty min.
I bring in 1250 each hand. So I probably would bring in around 15 to 20 thousand in that time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back