Idea Weapon belt

Darkslinger

Notorious Pirate
weaponbeltheader.png

weapon belt.png

Were would you move the enemy's health bar to?
The weapon belt only appears when holding down the X key. If you’re fighting an enemy at the time, the health bar can be animated to get “pushed” below as the belt slides down.

Simply moving your mouse/touchpad left or right (while holding down X) would illuminate (the glow you can see below and around the grenade at F4) and select the weapon you’d like to use. It would be comparable (functionality wise) to using the scroll button to select weapons, but more fluid and much faster when it comes to equipping weapons.

The main advantages would be the new equip speeds, two extra weapon slots, as well as the fact that the UI clutter will have greatly decreased, making way for more immersive gameplay as well as new features in the future.

The weapon belt only appears when holding down the X key. If you’re fighting an enemy at the time, the health bar can be animated to get “pushed” below as the belt slides down.

Simply moving your mouse/touchpad left or right (while holding down X) would illuminate (the glow you can see below and around the grenade at F4) and select the weapon you’d like to use. It would be comparable (functionality wise) to using the scroll button to select weapons, but more fluid and much faster when it comes to equipping weapons.

The main advantages would be the new equip speeds, two extra weapon slots, as well as the fact that the UI clutter will have greatly decreased, making way for more immersive gameplay as well as new features in the future.
Or..... you could just add an option to hide the weapon belt on the bottom right. Then add the 5-6 slots to the 'scroll wheel' ability.

If you are not aware, you can use the scroll wheel in game to filter through your weapons. However, I don't know a situation were I needed to use anymore than 4 types of weapons in the same fight... is the main 'issue' with this idea.

Or..... you could just add an option to hide the weapon belt on the bottom right. Then add the 5-6 slots to the 'scroll wheel' ability.

If you are not aware, you can use the scroll wheel in game to filter through your weapons. However, I don't know a situation were I needed to use anymore than 4 types of weapons in the same fight... is the main 'issue' with this idea.
I am very well aware of the scroll functionality, and have referenced it in my last reply to you.

The weapon belt could “just be hid”, but the point of this design is to modernize the user interface and make way for other stuff. This belt would kill two birds with one stone (mixture of scroll and weapon belt), and provide players with a faster experience when it comes to switching weapons (sped up weapon equip).

I understand that some players might feel the need to always see their weapons and are not open to change when it comes to things like this. I respect that and would like to remind them that this is a mere idea, so no need to get defensive.

However, I don't know a situation were I needed to use anymore than 4 types of weapons in the same fight..

Personally, I was in a few situations where I felt the need to quickly switch between different weapons (not necessarily weapon types only) to access their unique skills or to use their different attacking styles. So I don’t see how having 2 extra slots could ever be a disadvantage, really.

Having 6 slots would also be a form of future-proofing. If you fast forward a few years from now (assuming the game is still supported), new weapon types and a larger range of weapons will surely exist.

Back