What did you gain from POTCO?

Captain Ghosty

Wanted Pirate
POTCO.png

I grew up with this game and it grew up with me. This game really helped me to become for who I am today right now. The game helped me a lot with a lot of things like social life, school, and ect... and it also helped me to feel more welcomed in the world. Heck it also helped me improved on my typing skills to 5% to 100%. During the revive POTCO Event we were all talking about gaming, graphics and finance and business which helped me on what I want to pursue in the future. If it wasn't for POTCO I would have never been a very successful person in school and felt more welcomed in the world. Being in this community means a lot to me and I do know that us Pirates will be here for a very very long time. :)

I gained some really close friendships that I'm convinced will last a lifetime. The Dark Archive is still active. We have moved to Lord of the Rings Online ( come on over!!! - Gladden server). Some who are not moving with us I am still in contact with on a regular basis.

This game will not soon be forgotten and the friendships I made there will last an eternity.

I've gained friends and family. Experience's I'd never have anywhere else. I've gained patience (and still trying to use more of it everyday) and the knowledge of finding out who I am as a person in this world and what I want to do with my life.

Myself, I have gained a whole new perspective and "mindset" which upholds the principle that if there is a product out there in this world that truly interests me (and that to which I readily enjoy), that I do take the initiative as a consumer to learn all that I can about aspects of such product to where I update those whom are responsible, my own opinions and/or concerns about such product's effectiveness (good or bad).

I feel that appropriate timing is key to the above (as I have discovered) as it appears that it is far better to express my opinions or concerns early rather than later concerning those facets of a particular product's strengths and/or weaknesses.

This is what I most learned from my POTCO experience - as a consumer.

Last night, I was thinking that I do realize now the extent to where I miss those friends that I have gained from POTCO (i.e., the 'people' behind the pirates) and, I think perhaps I might have failed to communicate to each of them in sharing how much I appreciated their friendship and learning from them and understanding their personal lives and background. (You know, it's funny how a game starts as a 'game' but later, turns into something substantial and beyond anything you had ever expected it would become).

Anyway, to add an additional gain to this thread I interject the thought that people I do happen to meet online can be just as good enough of a friend to me as someone within my own personal life. In addition, POTCO reminded me that I needed to try and work on forgiving people a bit more regardless of the circumstance that I had to endure. (POTCO's closing has in a sense proven to us that things will not last forever and it's only a matter of time better some type of 'change' is on it's way).:piratemickey:

Friends mostly, i have met some extraordinary people, the only reason why i kept playing was the people in the game, if we didn't have such a community and friendship POTCO would have probably sunk deep into the ocean. (even though that sort of happened later on.) and what Shamus said, you looked at more then just a pirate, you learn about that person's background in life and it gets you emotionally attached to that person, even though you haven't met them face to face.

Back