Who remembers the pets?

Pretty Polly

Honorable Pirate
Towards the end of the game we were able to get pets (can't remember how). What was your favourite?
Dog, chicken or wasp?
Mine was the dog.

POTCO Pets.jpg

They were redeemed with a code and activated via potions, mine was the wasp because if you attacked any enemies the wasp would come at your aid and help fight them :p

This is insane. I wrote a support ticket to the POTCO crew all the way back in August 6, 2011 suggesting pets. I had never seen them in the game, nor even heard of them until years later just now! I am really overjoyed that they were put into the game, and I'm just stunned I never knew about it!

Here is the original suggestion straight out of my inbox:

From Name : Solomon PondTimbers
>
> Comments or Questions : What if there was a new weapon? Not anything handheld related, but what if we could have pets? Also they would have certain attacks, such as like stun skills or something like that but for example a basic pet a.k.a (crude pet) could be a parrot or something and for example a stronger pet could be an alligator or scorpion and you could train them by fighting and feeding them for example their would be a few different types of treats for example a piece of meat could be one and maybe another one for bird pets would be like crackers and just like silver freeze or other weapons with special skills some pets could have special abilities like say some scorpions could have a venom attack etc etc also certain pets would be for unlimited and some for basic.

Back