Question Why are half of the profile icons on this site not showing up for me?

No clue, they all show up fine for me. What happens when you try to open them in a new tab? Like this: https://piratesforums.co/data/avatars/m/10/10286.jpg?1473040547

Clearing your cache may also help.

Doesn't work either. All of the icons are replaced with this: (http://imgur.com/gallery/t5TwH)

I dunno why is this is happening, this is the only site I'm having this problem with. I can even see your signature photo as well, Davy. But not anyone's icons.

I've also tried clearing my cache. I'm on a Windows computer running Internet Explorer. It did nothing.

Give them some time to reply, people are busy, but somebody else might have an answer to your problem :)

Okay, thanks. :D I'm sorry, I'm just really eager to fix this.

Have you updated your Adobe Flash Player or your Java in a while? If either of those are outdated they may be causing your issue.

I updated my Java, didn't do anything. And my Adobe Flash Player comes with Windows 10 so I can't update it. If I can, then I dunno how.

In fact, I seem to be able to see certain icons, such as Mr. Warshot's and Irene's icons. But a large amount of other profile icons, including mine, I can't seem to be able to view.

Okay, thanks. :D I'm sorry, I'm just really eager to fix this.

I updated my Java, didn't do anything. And my Adobe Flash Player comes with Windows 10 so I can't update it. If I can, then I dunno how.

In fact, I seem to be able to see certain icons, such as Mr. Warshot's and Irene's icons. But a large amount of other profile icons, including mine, I can't seem to be able to view.
Can you verify this has been done already? https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-10-edge.html

Yes, it has. I'm using Windows Explorer right now. But out of curiosity I visited this exact page to see what were to happen if I were to visit here in Microsoft Edge. Somehow everything works fine in it.
So you're using Internet Explorer? I'm assuming that's what you mean since Windows Explorer is Window's default file manager.

But back on the thought, your Edge may be working because something is wrong with your IE's settings. In order to fix this, there's a couple of options off the top of my head and that is to either A.) Reset your IE settings and hopefully that'll clear up whatever setting that is currently blocking the images from loading. B.) Reinstall IE.

Here's a quick link to guides on how to complete both of those tasks: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/318378

Also if I may ask as to what reason you continue to use IE 11? It's not an outdated browser yet as Microsoft continues to support it for those of us still running Windows 7 but I feel like if you're running Windows 10 you'd find a much easier time using another browser such as Chrome or Edge. It's your preference obviously but just thought I'd make the recommendation. Let me know if that ends up working out for you if you decide to proceed.

So you're using Internet Explorer? I'm assuming that's what you mean since Windows Explorer is Window's default file manager.

But back on the thought, your Edge may be working because something is wrong with your IE's settings. In order to fix this, there's a couple of options off the top of my head and that is to either A.) Reset your IE settings and hopefully that'll clear up whatever setting that is currently blocking the images from loading. B.) Reinstall IE.

Here's a quick link to guides on how to complete both of those tasks: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/318378

Also if I may ask as to what reason you continue to use IE 11? It's not an outdated browser yet as Microsoft continues to support it for those of us still running Windows 7 but I feel like if you're running Windows 10 you'd find a much easier time using another browser such as Chrome or Edge. It's your preference obviously but just thought I'd make the recommendation. Let me know if that ends up working out for you if you decide to proceed.

Ah, sorry. I meant Internet Explorer. My mistake.

The first link on that page for the 1st method was broken so I looked it up and tried it for Internet Explorer 11 (which I'm certain I have.) I can't do the 2nd one though.

I use Internet Explorer because Edge is just too different for me. I've been using it for quite a while now even when I got Windows 10 with no problems whatsoever. This is the first one I've come across.

Internet Explorer is on its way out. It has a lot of compatibility issues and frequently has trouble displaying things. I'd recommend moving over to Microsoft Edge or another supported browser, like Firefox or Chrome.

Internet Explorer is on its way out. It has a lot of compatibility issues and frequently has trouble displaying things. I'd recommend moving over to Microsoft Edge or another supported browser, like Firefox or Chrome.

It's sad how their discontinuing Explorer, Chrome already had Java removed which annoyed me greatly. I wonder if Chrome will be phased out next.

It's sad how their discontinuing Explorer, Chrome already had Java removed which annoyed me greatly. I wonder if Chrome will be phased out next.
Chrome won't be getting discontinued any time soon.

The reason Java is disabled by default in Chrome is that it poses a huge security risk to browsers. Not to mention Java is becoming an unsupported web-plugin platform. Java for the web is becoming a thing of the past (not to be confused with JavaScript, though).

Chrome won't be getting discontinued any time soon.

The reason Java is disabled by default in Chrome is that it poses a huge security risk to browsers. Not to mention Java is becoming an unsupported web-plugin platform. Java for the web is becoming a thing of the past (not to be confused with JavaScript, though).

Yeah i saw that as well, though i wonder what proof they had to support Java being a security risk. Not looking to argue, i just don't believe these things right off the bat.

I don't think Java was sandboxed like JS is in modern browsers, so it would enable anyone to embed an applet into a web-page and run arbitrary code on your computer. It was sort of a bad idea to include in the first place. That's why it's being phased out of browsers. You can run Java programs outside of a browser if needed, most websites shouldn't need them for anything these days anyway.

Google has no plans to phase out Chrome or anything of the sort. It's in their best (business) interests to keep developing it.

@bubbascal I can confirm that some images don't show up in IE11. I'll look further into it, but I suspect there isn't much we'll be able to do about it. I recommend using Chrome or Firefox, as they tend to have better support for modern web standards. Edge isn't terrible in this regard either.

Back