Wigs, gentlemen!

Should wigs be added?

• Total voters

HerrDave

Pirate Apprentice
Once upon a time there was concept art for something that sadly was never implemented.

Wigs - purchased by a noble and pilfered by a pirate.

latest

Source - http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Concept_Art

To dispel any concerns about clipping, an animator/modeler would merely have to attach the tails of the wig to the bone in the upper body or shoulders. In doing so - the wig will move with the head and the tails will remain on the body. (Rather than sticking out as if it were made of plastic)

I'm not sure about you, but I'd be absolutely thrilled to have my pirate look like this.

hook-3.jpg

Tell me your thoughts, is this something that should be implemented alongside the rest of the concept art Disney has provided us, or am I a cheap grog-swilling fop who went off about looking swell whilst gutting the scurvy EITC blaggards. After all, there is such a thing as a gentleman pirate.

Sounds like a great idea! I would love to see these implemented into the game. They would be quite the conversation starter!

I really hope these don't come in brights so all the bigtime looters don't look like circus clowns.

Yes indeed. While I hate to post this hastily edited picture, I think that some folk need proof of how bad it could get if they get bright colours.

hook-3-jpg.165646

It is hard to keep character when people are asking you where your big red nose went.

@ PrivateRiley - Sorry I didn't grab your dialogue to quote, but it doesn't seem I can add the quote for emphisis :(

In regards to how they would be used/added, I think they could be purchasable from a barber under a different tab titled Wigs & Features. I quite like the idea of it being hair rather than a hat as it would allow the player to put a hat upon it much like the example in my original post and it would add some extra variation for Navy Officers and Marines.

potcgroupe25.jpg

Last edited:
I personally don't have an opinion one way or the other if wigs were to be implemented as I wouldn't use them myself, but I have to say I love the conversation so far in this thread xD

I'm rather surprised there hasn't been much talk on this subject, I was rather expecting folk to put up suggestions. Dialogue and opinions about the presence of wigs and the like in-game.

On a side note, I just finished watching the 3/19/2016 stream and I am blown away at how much is done and functional. Came pretty close to getting a key too, even got it in my clipboard. (non-functional 67AA-90BF-879A-CC9B)

I've read and re-read that and for weeks I have thought of a response.

The only thing I can think of is-- "yes."

Yes indeed. While I hate to post this hastily edited picture, I think that some folk need proof of how bad it could get if they get bright colours.

hook-3.jpg

It is hard to keep character when people are asking you where your big red nose went.

@ PrivateRiley - Sorry I didn't grab your dialogue to quote, but it doesn't seem I can add the quote for emphisis :(

In regards to how they would be used/added, I think they could be purchasable from a barber under a different tab titled Wigs & Features. I quite like the idea of it being hair rather than a hat as it would allow the player to put a hat upon it much like the example in my original post and it would add some extra variation for Navy Officers and Marines.

tumblr_lvm4feuMxc1qdrd77o2_500.png

You see I personally think this would be hysterical if people were running around with wigs like that lol. :raft:

Back