Request Winter Event Extention

Mark Murlock

Honorable Pirate
I do not think I’m alone when I say that these new winter weapons are fantastic! I love the Frosts and the Moonstones. I think these complement the game well.

That said, I would very much enjoy to see this become more of a facet of the game - and to make this happen, I think that this event should be implemented more than just 1 month out of the year. I would love to see it span about 3 months - December through February. This would allow for Hollowed Woods to end before the Winter Festival begins and allow for a wintery theme during all the winter months.

In my opinion this should require the Moonstones required for the Silver Striker to be upped, however, and possibly some other adjustments.

Thoughts?

I do not think I’m alone when I say that these new winter weapons are fantastic! I love the Frosts and the Moonstones. I think these complement the game well.

That said, I would very much enjoy to see this become more of a facet of the game - and to make this happen, I think that this event should be implemented more than just 1 month out of the year. I would love to see it span about 3 months - December through February. This would allow for Hollowed Woods to end before the Winter Festival begins and allow for a wintery theme during all the winter months.

In my opinion this should require the Moonstones required for the Silver Striker to be upped, however, and possibly some other adjustments.

Thoughts?

I disagree. Though I enjoy the event very much thus far, I think it shouldn't last longer. A month is plenty of time. And besides, if it lasted longer, people would have a lot more moonstones and I think the ratio of time we have, to the cost of the famed and legendary weapons is quite balanced.

I disagree. Though I enjoy the event very much thus far, I think it shouldn't last longer. A month is plenty of time. And besides, if it lasted longer, people would have a lot more moonstones and I think the ratio of time we have, to the cost of the famed and legendary weapons is quite balanced.

Then maybe the shop could close and lootable weapons could stay!

I completely agree to the above conversation. I think that some of the items should stay lootable even after the store has closed to make a more diverse loot pool, as well as to make sure that the weapon maintains availability without sacrificing the exclusivity of the event currency.

Y'all have some wonderful ideas, and thank you for posting. It's always great reading through threads like this! <3

Happy Holidays,

Misha

Won't a considerable number of looters be upset if the legend remains loot-able year round? Isn't it a fairly common thing that you got Patron or Silver Freeze instead of Mercers/Leviathan/Whatever and get irratated? Why reduce the odds from one in three to one in four, and going for a specific original cursed legend would be 1 in 8 (Patron/SF/Silver Striker/WEB/Behemoth/Abyss/Thunderspine/Emerald), which is kinda daunting right?

Leaving the new one everywhere would be cool until you started to get more than one, then all you did was essentially double your chance at El Patron in some ways.

Being able to buy it though, 100% A+ awesome. You can loot 600 this year, 600 next and work towards it. That's very cool.

Won't a considerable number of looters be upset if the legend remains loot-able year round? Isn't it a fairly common thing that you got Patron or Silver Freeze instead of Mercers/Leviathan/Whatever and get irratated? Why reduce the odds from one in three to one in four, and going for a specific original cursed legend would be 1 in 8 (Patron/SF/Silver Striker/WEB/Behemoth/Abyss/Thunderspine/Emerald), which is kinda daunting right?

Leaving the new one everywhere would be cool until you started to get more than one, then all you did was essentially double your chance at El Patron in some ways.

Being able to buy it though, 100% A+ awesome. You can loot 600 this year, 600 next and work towards it. That's very cool.
I'm surprised the elootists are so quiet about anyone can buy a legendary when enough plunder is looted. Seems like that would cheapen their considerable inventory worked so hard for. And don't think for a second that a good number of elootists won't own that legendary before 2 weeks are up. I don't even want to buy a legendary. Buying fame is accepted universally. But legendary? Why? And I'm not even a elootist. Just sell some really really good fame items.

I guess it's like hunting deer. Why hunt out in the cold when you can go to the butchers and pick up all the venison you want.

TBH it seems a considerable number, or at least a small handful, of looters get upset at just about anything.

Back