A preview for my Kickstarter

Disclaimer: The Official Administration and/or staff of the PiratesForums.co do not in any way support or are associated with this fundraiser.

Notice: The link contains nudity, though in artistic form (painting)

I've had this project in the works for ages and today I began my 7-day countdown to the launch of my "Rime of the Pirate King" KS project! It's kind of weird to actually get to this threshold.

I'd like to offer you guys a preview link just to take a peek before the official launch. There's a place at the top of the page for comments, and I'd certainly appreciate any input you might have before I go live.

Thanks, ye scurvy corsairs! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gilleyvanweirden/803620657?token=9146a435

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had this project in the works for ages and today I began my 7-day countdown to the launch of my "Rime of the Pirate King" KS project! It's kind of weird to actually get to this threshold.

I'd like to offer you guys a preview link just to take a peek before the official launch. There's a place at the top of the page for comments, and I'd certainly appreciate any input you might have before I go live.

Thanks, ye scurvy corsairs! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gilleyvanweirden/803620657?token=9146a435
I'm excited to see how this goes and will definetely be watching closely. Perhaps maybe I'll be kicking in some $$$ of my own :)

14 days to go still, and you already have 2 times of what you asked for(almost)!
Yes! And I just finished the papercraft template for the first stretch goal! I'm posting a gallery of images to /r/papercraft and then updating the KS stretch goal to include the image. Absolutely the best poster release I've ever had :D

Once the KS is over and the posters have shipped I'll post the PDF of the papercraft kit in here for folks to enjoy when the seas are calm ;)

11055451_340205412856896_1787145788_n.jpg

"Wow!" That is truly amazing (as is the gallery).

To protect your personal work though, should such images eventually be copyrighted or water-marked?

Thanks, Shamus! I've had to come to a certain peace with the fact that when art is posted online or released into the wild, people will copy it. I've found creative ways to take photos of the finished artwork so that nobody ever has a print-ready version of the art but for something like this all I can do is slap a Creative Commons license on it and let it go.

@Giley van Weirden I'm sure you may have noticed this thread was gone for a while and only recently reposted. There were various concerns amongst Moderators and ultimately there were some changes made due to the new tides we are in. I added a disclaimer and notice in your initial post and hope you aren't alarmed by this. In no way have you done anything wrong you just hit so great areas with one thread x3

@Giley van Weirden I'm sure you may have noticed this thread was gone for a while and only recently reposted. There were various concerns amongst Moderators and ultimately there were some changes made due to the new tides we are in. I added a disclaimer and notice in your initial post and hope you aren't alarmed by this. In no way have you done anything wrong you just hit so great areas with one thread x3

Not a problem! I figured as much was going on. I abide by the pirate code as set forth by the Admins ;)

Wow! Clearly you love what you do, and you do it well, matey. I am very tempted to get a print!
Even the consideration is very much appreciated! I have to admit that it's a labor of love. The combination of the stippling along with a minimum of lines gives the drawings an impact that I haven't been able to get otherwise. It takes way longer than is practical for me to make a living with it for now, but there's really no substitute for the end result.

Here's a work-in-progress shot of an album cover I'm working on right now (don't mind the bad lighting and glare). I said I was not going to do stippling again right after the pirate poster... and then this commission came along LOL:
11137969_873402932697882_1221718317_n.jpg

Even the consideration is very much appreciated! I have to admit that it's a labor of love. The combination of the stippling along with a minimum of lines gives the drawings an impact that I haven't been able to get otherwise. It takes way longer than is practical for me to make a living with it for now, but there's really no substitute for the end result.

Here's a work-in-progress shot of an album cover I'm working on right now (don't mind the bad lighting and glare). I said I was not going to do stippling again right after the pirate poster... and then this commission came along LOL:
11137969_873402932697882_1221718317_n.jpg

That is gorgeous, my eyes are drawn to every detail! Sorry to go off topic, but what band is that for? I'm sure they'll be quite impressed

Back