- And why couldn't "this" have happened for POTCO?

S

Shamus The Brute

I swear, "mobile" is like the spoiled brat of the Disney Interactive (family) of games:
~ I am not going to throw a temper-tantrum here but in the words of Jan Brady...

bradymarcia.gif

...MARCIA, MARCIA, MARCIA! :rolleyes:

Club Penguin is now going all "app" on us too (@Dreamcatcher - 'Iger' and his minions have struck again). :rolleyes:
Its actually really really smart of Disney to expand Club Penguin to mobile devices. Escpecially because the two games are syncronized. The target audience for Club Penguin is kids, and most kids these days have a phone, a tablet, etc. These kids that have these things are already spoiled by their parents, so they would have no problem convincing them to buy them a membership. Club penguin generally weeds out the nonspoiled kids and brings in the spoiled with this move. This way they can generate a larger revenue without paying for the extra server space that a non-member may take up.

Not saying I agree with it but it is a smart move, buisness wise.

Not saying I agree with it but it is a smart move, buisness wise.
Perhaps. And if such a business model doesn't particularly work out for them, perhaps Disney could make up for the losses by distributing "yellow" sno-cones this winter season. ~ I mean, if making $money$ is such a big deal to them and also in how they capitalize against the appetites and/or interests of very young children. :rolleyes:

Back