Question  Any Cannon Defense Tips?

Ammo worth buying:
  1. Powder Keg
  2. Bullet
  3. Bait
  4. Firestorm
  5. Cold Shot (possibly)
Powder Keg & Firestorm is a must for all gunners. Usually, I keep 1 person with Bait Shot, 1 with Bullet, and the front 2 with Cold Shot, but there seems to be a glitch present where ships move a lot faster after being under the influence of Cold Shot, so right now I'm keeping 2 people with bullet and 2 people with bait.

Also, KEEP ROUND SHOT. Without it, people tend to waste their money. Anything can be killed with round shot, and bullet should only be used on ships running away. Keg and Firestorm should be used on groups. Round should be your main ammo, until when you get to the waves around 80-90 where you'll notice you're using powder keg and firestorm a lot.

Lastly, save your money. It's the difference between ending at wave 50 and ending at wave 110.

Ammo worth buying:
  1. Powder Keg
  2. Bullet
  3. Bait
  4. Firestorm
  5. Cold Shot (possibly)
Powder Keg & Firestorm is a must for all gunners. Usually, I keep 1 person with Bait Shot, 1 with Bullet, and the front 2 with Cold Shot, but there seems to be a glitch present where ships move a lot faster after being under the influence of Cold Shot, so right now I'm keeping 2 people with bullet and 2 people with bait.

Also, KEEP ROUND SHOT. Without it, people tend to waste their money. Anything can be killed with round shot, and bullet should only be used on ships running away. Keg and Firestorm should be used on groups. Round should be your main ammo, until when you get to the waves around 80-90 where you'll notice you're using powder keg and firestorm a lot.

Lastly, save your money. It's the difference between ending at wave 50 and ending at wave 110.
Thanks Really Helpful,i never used fire storm or a few other type of Ammo because i didnt know what they did so i didnt want to waste money

Hah, actually, I take back what I said before about bullet and bait. I usually have 3 bullet people and 1 bait person, and the bait person should be the person at the very right. The bait is for taking down that 1 large warship who usually hogs the other gunner's time, letting all of the smaller ships get past your defenses. Bait shot is in front to bait the warship as it appears, while the 3 bullet ammo people are in the back to catch the ships running in the distance, since you get a better angle on the left for shooting the running ships.

Hah, actually, I take back what I said before about bullet and bait. I usually have 3 bullet people and 1 bait person, and the bait person should be the person at the very right. The bait is for taking down that 1 large warship who usually hogs the other gunner's time, letting all of the smaller ships get past your defenses. Bait shot is in front to bait the warship as it appears, while the 3 bullet ammo people are in the back to catch the ships running in the distance, since you get a better angle on the left for shooting the running ships.
oh i tough Cannon defense was like JUST SINK THE SHIPS AND LETS SEE HOW FAR WE i dint think it was like planning you get this shot i get that one and he gets that :/ i guess i got a lot more to learn XD

oh i tough Cannon defense was like JUST SINK THE SHIPS AND LETS SEE HOW FAR WE i dint think it was like planning you get this shot i get that one and he gets that :/ i guess i got a lot more to learn XD
Heh.. you eventually subconsciously do these strategies and don't even know it, once you do cannon defense a lot :p I didn't notice I was doing it until I thought about it for this thread.

I hate Powder Keg. You have to be able to not only place it, but then shoot it so it will explode. Bait ammo is cool but wasteful unless you're taking down warships and it still doesn't justify the cost.

Target Ammo - Great against light sloop which are hard to hit otherwise and for taking out flying barrels.
Mine Ammo - My favorite simply because a full crew can fill the harbor with them and blockade the town
Ice - Similar to Mines but you can quickly lay out a large patch to grind enemies to a halt.
Bullet - Devastating but expensive
Fireshot - I love that it effects multiple ships

Don't be dependent on the special ammo if you can. Lay out mines between rounds, and lay extras near the top left to get any fleeing ships you miss. If you have 3 or 4 gunners, try and focus on your part of the screen, left on the town, right on the new arrivals etc.

Near the end - go after the ships taking gold if you have to choose. That keeps you going, cash is only for ammo.

I agree with whatever they said about Igor and Helga, you may want to ask them. They're a lot better than me, I think :p

I hate Powder Keg. You have to be able to not only place it, but then shoot it so it will explode. Bait ammo is cool but wasteful unless you're taking down warships and it still doesn't justify the cost.

Target Ammo - Great against light sloop which are hard to hit otherwise and for taking out flying barrels.
Mine Ammo - My favorite simply because a full crew can fill the harbor with them and blockade the town
Ice - Similar to Mines but you can quickly lay out a large patch to grind enemies to a halt.
Bullet - Devastating but expensive
Fireshot - I love that it effects multiple ships

I agree with what Eliza says with Ice. With 2-3 people with ice, you can easily blockade the beginning of the wave and crunch up the ships, which allows you to quickly kill off the lights (the most annoying) with firestorm and keg. However, I'm not sure if this is a glitch of something, but the ships seem to move 2-3 times faster after being affected by the Ice, so for now, my team doesn't use it.

In my opinion, mines are great, but the amount you use will waste your money, and the fact that it takes x4 amount of time to lay them as it does to just use a powder keg. The shooting of a keg isn't hard, just switch to round and keep your cannon firing at the exact same angle (or use a mouse to adjust if you moved off of the angle). Additionally, the game only accepts 20-so mines on the field at a time. Mines are great for doing Cannon Defense on Solo, but I think it wastes money with a team; you can do the exact same amount of damage with six shots of round.

As for target shot, I'd say that it's only justified if you don't have a mouse with right click. If you do, shooting down the light sloops really isn't that hard, not to mention that you can also firestorm a bigger ship around them (or the light sloop itself) to burn it. The burn will usually take it to 0 health before it reaches the end of the screen.

Easier said than done for me. I've tried kegs - can't hit him half the time.
Do you use your mouse to aim? I SvS a lot, so I guess i have a bit of practice with it, but it gets better with experience.
Unfortunately it's the same thing with light sloops, you just have to practice continuously adjusting so all 6 of your round shots hit the light.
I know right some times i cant get it or some times a ship goes over it and destroy it
I have problems with ships running over them also. Two solutions are: Use Cold shot to stop the ships so you can shoot in front of them, or get everyone to use firestorm to kill something and create an opening. I usually find myself doing the latter.

Do you use your mouse to aim? I SvS a lot, so I guess i have a bit of practice with it, but it gets better with experience.
Unfortunately it's the same thing with light sloops, you just have to practice continuously adjusting so all 6 of your round shots hit the light.

I have problems with ships running over them also. Two solutions are: Use Cold shot to stop the ships so you can shoot in front of them, or get everyone to use firestorm to kill something and create an opening. I usually find myself doing the latter.
hey Just wondering What wave do you get to solo? i got to 14 solo i would had gone more but a friend was annoying me i could not play and type at the same time

hey Just wondering What wave do you get to solo? i got to 14 solo i would had gone more but a friend was annoying me i could not play and type at the same time
My record for soloing is 56, I think that was the run where I got searing :D

Soloing, you still want Powder Keg and Firestorm, but the last should be Cold shot or Mines.

Back