Guide  How to Change your D Name

Cool! Is the D-name change option a new thing? When I was talking to a rep on the phone a few months ago about a problem with my account, I asked about changing it and she said it wasn't possible...

i tried to do this... didnt work out so well
A Technical Representative will be delivering World-Class support to you shortly. With 1 guests in queue, your wait time is expected to be 0 minutes.
You are now chatting with 'Bob'
Bob: Greetings and welcome to Live Chat Bart!
Bart: Thank you bob
Bob: I understand you wished to know if you are able to change your D-Name after it was submitted?
Bart: yes
Bob: I am very sorry Bart but the D-Name system is no longer in use at this time. It was used for cross product communication which is no longer in use. Therefore we do not offer such services anymore.
Bob: Is there any other issue I can help you with today?
Bart: no -_-

O_O! Since when was that, I wonder?
I've got accts that I need to switch to D-names (been thinking what the good names are), I guess we've gotta be careful picking D-names now. Good to know!

:confused: I think Bob doesnt like to help anyone. Should have asked when did that take effect.

:confused: I think Bob doesnt like to help anyone. Should have asked when did that take effect.
I actually contacted them again... -_-
Nelson: Ahoy, Bart!
Bart: hi
Nelson: Welcome to Pirates Online Live Chat!
Bart: thank you
Nelson: Alas matey, we are not able to change D-names.
Nelson: It's the one you have now.
Bart: oh -_-
Nelson: Aye.
Bart: ok then bye

i tried to do this... didnt work out so well
A Technical Representative will be delivering World-Class support to you shortly. With 1 guests in queue, your wait time is expected to be 0 minutes.
You are now chatting with 'Bob'
Bob: Greetings and welcome to Live Chat Bart!
Bart: Thank you bob
Bob: I understand you wished to know if you are able to change your D-Name after it was submitted?
Bart: yes
Bob: I am very sorry Bart but the D-Name system is no longer in use at this time. It was used for cross product communication which is no longer in use. Therefore we do not offer such services anymore.
Bob: Is there any other issue I can help you with today?
Bart: no -_-
World class support... LOL. I never use live chat because the people NEVER seem to be able to solve your problem.

I would like to point out this change in policy is probably a part of a move to phase out D-names. Though they're still in use today, so pick carefully I suppose.

Kind of makes you wonder if the Live Chat people are just Indian guys sitting at a computer with a piece of paper in front of them.
Live Chat people are likely college students trying to make what money they can.
They do have a workflow and rules, so it's basically all scripted, but that's unfortunately the nature of tech support.

Going to give this a try for extra "security" reasons...as I think it best for me to change mine now (looks on youtube, mumbles something, kicks chair).Question: Obviously with Live Chat gone now, I am going to have to email them but...is there a chance (ye think) that when I a customer service representative responds to my message a year from now (lol) they will allow my D-name to be change to just "numbers" as opposed to a different name?

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to give this a try for extra "security" reasons...as I think it best for me to change mine now (looks on youtube, mumbles something, kicks chair).Question: Obviously with Live Chat gone now, I am going to have to email them but...is there a chance (ye think) that when I a customer service representative responds to my message a year from now (lol) they will allow my D-name to be change to just "numbers" as opposed to a different name?
Disney will no longer allow D-name changes (last I was aware). To change it you may use the glitch in the video above.

Last edited:
Back