LOTRO Screenshots Thread!

@Punkin Pie @Danny Rooney @Charles Warmonk @Captain Star @Fortune @Samuel of D.A. @ "whomever"

*This is probably not the best place to comment about this but from these screenshots, some of what I don't like is all of the tiny icons and things which are posted on a player's own screen (talk about 'sensory overload,' lol).

Quick question: Can such icons be turned off to where it is not so distracting for a player to play LOTRO and this is more of a general question but, what percentage would each of you say the storyline of the game actually follows the LOTRO movies?

I would say half the stuff on the screen can be shut off if your a good player. Once you memorize the set up (Which you can customize the ALL controls) You can even press F12 to shut off everything and play free lacing in a way.

As for the LOTRO story line, it follows it A LOT! - However, of course they add events like "Spring festival" and "Side Quest" that have nothing to do with LOTR, however it's great for chats and fun :D

If you have anymore questions or are looking to join and have someone "Show you the ropes" to say. Just shoot me or @Punkin Pie a PM or message anytime! :)

@Punkin Pie @Danny Rooney @Charles Warmonk @Captain Star @Fortune @Samuel of D.A. @ "whomever"

*This is probably not the best place to comment about this but from these screenshots, some of what I don't like is all of the tiny icons and things which are posted on a player's own screen (talk about 'sensory overload,' lol).

Quick question: Can such icons be turned off to where it is not so distracting for a player to play LOTRO and this is more of a general question but, what percentage would each of you say the storyline of the game actually follows the LOTRO movies?

Shamus, at first when I saw all of those icons on a screenshot, I was frightened, lol. But, those are our skills, it really looks like a lot to learn, but you get used to it.
There are "epic story-line quests" that do follow the movies, they're really great. Our offer still stands, come join us just in spare time, you could come solely to follow the story line quests, it's really an awesome game. :)

Shamus, at first when I saw all of those icons on a screenshot, I was frightened, lol. But, those are our skills, it really looks like a lot to learn, but you get used to it.:)

Yep. Potco was a simpler game that focused on smashing the mouse while Lotro is more complicated. You start out slow and build skills and can customize the screen icons so that only things you want are available.

Intimidating at first but it works after a little play time.

We did an Instance at the Barrow Downs.
These weren't the best screens considering my graphics were probably on a low setting.
@Fugitive @Punkin Pie @Danny Rooney and Pavarotti.
Screen Shot 2014-06-06 at 10.50.30 PM copy.png
Screen Shot 2014-06-06 at 10.50.47 PM copy.png

Look at how ugly this giant creature is, lol.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-07 at 3.33.31 PM copy.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-07 at 3.33.31 PM copy.png
    881.7 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Sometimes my connection goes and the game freezes. Sometimes the freeze happens at an awkward moment like when jumping from a cliff:
Fortunimli falling.png

Im going to make a character on firefoot... atm I am on crickhollow, if any of you have been there then you might know me, I am roelen.

Back