On Yer Mark for the Feats of Strength! (05/22/13)

Welcome to our annual
Feats of Strength Competition!
The Marceline Guild invites all Pirates to take part in this test of yer Pirate's strength, speed,
and knowledge of the Caribbean.
To enter, reply to this Blog post using the Comment field below,
including your in-game Pirate name, current level, and Guild name (if applicable).
Also include the day and race you prefer to compete in (and an alternate choice in case
your first choice is already filled).
Please choose from the race times listed below.
SAMPLE ENTRY: Luke Plankwalker, lvl 18, Rebels Guild, Tues. June 4, Race 3 (4:30 pm)
contest_medal.jpg
Alternate race: Thurs. June 6, Race 1 (10:00 am)
Race Schedule & Times (all times Pacific Time/ Los Angeles):
Tuesday, June 4:
Race 1 (12:00 pm)
Race 2 (12:30 pm)
Race 3 (4:30 pm)
Race 4 (5:00 pm)
Wednesday, June 5:
Race 1 (11:00 am)
Race 2 (11:30 am)
Race 3 (4:00 pm)
Race 4 (4:30 pm)
Thursday, June 6:
Race 1 (10:00 am)
Race 2 (10:30 am)
Race 3 (3:00 pm)
Race 4 (3:30 pm)
We'll publish a complete competitor schedule along with event times, servers, challenges,
and rules as the competition draws nearer.
news_feats.jpg
NOTE: Although the competition runs over three days, SPACE IS LIMITED. We will make every effort to accommodate your requested day and time, however due to the turnout expected for this event, participants are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
This year, Marceline GMs will be awarding winners with these highly-valued prizes:​
  • First Place: 400 Steel + 400 Oak + 400 Silk
  • Second Place: 300 Iron + 300 Pine + 300 Canvas
  • Third Place: MAX yer gold!*
* If you're plannin' on taking Third Place, spend yer existing gold now. Third Place winners
will get their gold filled up to the maximum a Pirate can carry!
Don't miss your chance to prove you are one of the strongest and sharpest Pirates in all the Caribbean.
May the savviest lads and lasses win!
I dont get why max gold is third place. o.o

Last edited by a moderator:
You can use the swift foot potion as long as it isn't the swift foot glitch. So you can be stocked up with 5 swift foots, and use one, then wait for it to ware off, then use another, and so on.

I might as well sign up for a few of these...who knows how it will turn out?:) See the rest of ye at the races....hopefully in me rear-view mirror (if pirates had one)!;)

I signed up for the times that will actually work for me.

First choice: Thurs. June 6, Race 4 (3:30 PM)

Alternate choice: Thurs. June 6, Race 3 (3:00 PM)

I'm just glad this won't interfere with our 2nd Revive POTCO event.

Guys, I'd be careful at the event. Rumors are, there are gonna be hackers there that'll try to DC everyone on the server. (They've got spunk to do that in front of a GM.) I'm just making sure you know.

Back