Pirate-Fans.wikia.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to show today as an example. another remake and POTHS both underwent attacks. POTHS was able to safety defend our information from the attackers. They didn't even get pass the first layer of protection. I was alerted immediately about the attacks and was able to stay on top of it. Sorry to bring another remake into this, and I'm sorry to hear about the hacking, I heard some people got hit bad from supporters of both POTHS and another remake, I'll post some links for those affected to try and save their PCs. The software below will help clean up any viruses or malware on your PC. I've also sent some emails to Gleamings with all the information I have about the attacks which I believe would be from the same source.

http://free.avg.com/us-en/homepage
http://www.safer-networking.org/
http://www.malwarebytes.org/

That still does not account for what happened not too long ago though. Sure they underwent attacks today but its those that were amateurs and ones most likely by people who do not have an account or have not really been there. To me it seems you have just dodged what I addressed which was the attack by one of your own (former?) staffers on your site. $100 did not protect that site and resulted in having everyone's account having to be registered all over again. How do we know that they will not do that again and along with that get into the personal information? There are many critics of your game who hack that I am aware of ones who know just as much coding as you do. How do we know they won't target the site? Especially since they got in once who is to say it will not happen again even with that "state-of-the-art" technology? It is a real security threat to many and could ultimately ruin this site's reputation for supporting this project along with the fact that there is still not that much transparency in regards to your project. Davy basically has the right questions as far as transparency goes.

That still does not account for what happened not too long ago though. Sure they underwent attacks today but its those that were amateurs and ones most likely by people who do not have an account or have not really been there. To me it seems you have just dodged what I addressed which was the attack by one of your own (former?) staffers on your site. $100 did not protect that site and resulted in having everyone's account having to be registered all over again. How do we know that they will not do that again and along with that get into the personal information? There are many critics of your game who hack that I am aware of ones who know just as much coding as you do. How do we know they won't target the site? Especially since they got in once who is to say it will not happen again even with that "state-of-the-art" technology? It is a real security threat to many and could ultimately ruin this site's reputation for supporting this project along with the fact that there is still not that much transparency in regards to your project. Davy basically has the right questions as far as transparency goes.

Are you saying that the is from a former APEZ staff member? If it is I do not know anything about it. I know who attempted to hack into our site and it isn't a former staff member.

Are you saying that the is from a former APEZ staff member? If it is I do not know anything about it. I know who attempted to hack into our site and it isn't a former staff member.

I find it hard to believe you have no idea of "the attack". Considering that you had to reset the site because of it/it was reset because of it. Denying it just makes me question even more the transparency trust that should go into this organization. She not only attacked the site but she blamed it on someone else, and while they were not perfect people that does not give anyone the right to get away with it if they did and make others get the blame. I could get proof if necessary too.

I find it hard to believe you have no idea of "the attack". Considering that you had to reset the site because of it/it was reset because of it. Denying it just makes me question even more the transparency trust that should go into this organization. She not only attacked the site but she blamed it on someone else, and while they were not perfect people that does not give anyone the right to get away with it if they did and make others get the blame. I could get proof if necessary too.

Oh that attack, I just needed to know which one, we've had maybe 20+ in the last 4 months. That attack was nothing but a small DDoS attack, which the new server does protect. The forum reset wasn't caused by the attacks it was for a fresh start. The attacker admitted to the attacks and isn't on our staff and is banned from the site and promised never to tough POTHS again, so far they have held true to that promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back