Event Pirates Forums Best of 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Nightwolf

Legendary Pirate
Site Founder
best of 2012 banner.png

[Event Logo Credit to John Foulroberts]

It's finally time for a repeat performance of Pirates Forums Best of Event.

This time we want the members to give us their opinions and any feedback on what they want to see added or changed. Feel free to let us know any of your ideas for categories, prizes, etc. However this is just a thread for recommendations and we are not going debate any of the ideas given. The staff members will get to decide which categories/ideas are actually chosen.

The categories we have so far are:
Looter of the Year
Sailor of the Year
Brawler of the Year
Mini-Gamer of the Year

Party Animal of the Year
Game Tester of the Year
Guild Recruiter of the Year
Storyteller of the Year

Best Avatars of the Year
Best Signatures of the Year
Best Albums of the Year

Wisest Member
Addicted MemberForums Fanatic [Credit to John Foulroberts]
Most Welcoming
Funniest Member

The prizes are a secret for now, but will be revealed later on!
This event takes quite a while to manage so please don't hesitate on giving your opinions. The winners will be announced on December 23, 2012[hopefully] and to make this event happen within that time range I plan to lock this thread in the middle of November so that voting and finalization can occur without being rushed.

I suggest that in addition to the plaque that the winners received last year, the winners are given a "title," similar to the ones the staff are given. For example, Will, the title we see at the top of your page is "Lead Mod." Perhaps the winners could be given a title they can wear, like: "Funniest Member of 2012" or "Best Looter of 2012" and so on. However, even at the next awards, the winners are able to keep their titles (since they could be labeled by year, as mentioned above).

I suggest that in addition to the plaque that the winners received last year, the winners are given a "title," similar to the ones the staff are given. For example, Will, the title we see at the top of your page is "Lead Mod." Perhaps the winners could be given a title they can wear, like: "Funniest Member of 2012" or "Best Looter of 2012" and so on. However, even at the next awards, the winners are able to keep their titles (since they could be labeled by year, as mentioned above).
Hmm it's quite the idea actually. However I think there were some complications with that idea, but they escape my mind at the moment so I'll have to keep in touch on that note.

*sigh* I never win like these things :/ But idk... Good luck to everyone I guess.
I forgot to mention this, but the only requirement is that you be a forums members for 6 months total[same rule as last year].

Hmm it's quite the idea actually. However I think there were some complications with that idea, but they escape my mind at the moment so I'll have to keep in touch on that note.

I forgot to mention this, but the only requirement is that you be a forums members for 6 months total[same rule as last year].
.3. GAAAAAH

If you have to have been here for 6 months shouldn't the awards be at the end of the year?
and I agree with Esmerelda.
December 23rd is pretty close to the end of the year. The forums originated on October 12th, 2010 anyways which means were already coming up on 2 years so there's plenty of time for 6 months to have gone by. Plus I'm trying to get it done before the winter holidays and new years when people might be on vacation.

The awards should go to the members who have actually been here for a while instead of the new people. One of the reasons for that logic is people tend to be more active when they first sign up because the site is new to them. However, after a few months they may not be anywhere near as active.

However were not going to be exactly strict when it comes to 6 months. Like if someone was here for 5 and a half months, but they've actually been quite active then they might be considered for nomination[Forums Staff Members nominate people and then we vote on a winner].

I don't like the idea that anyone be given special titles. We're all part of the forum community, staff only should have titles. Just my opinion.
They deserve the titles they get. Its special recognition for hard work and participation on the Forums.. Its also a fun event that members get to "work" up too.. kinda like "Savvy Swashbucklers". :p

View attachment 40896
[Event Logo Credit to John Foulroberts]
This time we want the members to give us their opinions and any feedback on what they want to see added or changed. Feel free to let us know any of your ideas for categories, prizes, etc. However this is just a thread for recommendations and we are not going debate any of the ideas given.

:facepalm:

December 23rd is pretty close to the end of the year. The forums originated on October 12th, 2010 anyways which means were already coming up on 2 years so there's plenty of time for 6 months to have gone by. Plus I'm trying to get it done before the winter holidays and new years when people might be on vacation.

The awards should go to the members who have actually been here for a while instead of the new people. One of the reasons for that logic is people tend to be more active when they first sign up because the site is new to them. However, after a few months they may not be anywhere near as active.

However were not going to be exactly strict when it comes to 6 months. Like if someone was here for 5 and a half months, but they've actually been quite active then they might be considered for nomination[Forums Staff Members nominate people and then we vote on a winner].

my bad :facepalm:

didn't read that last text at the bottom there :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back