Event Pirates Forums Best of 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
MUAHAHA in the bag
ok but signature making would be a good one!we got a lot of good signature makers out there!wait you said 6 months?6 months by December?
Best signature of the year is already on the list.

Another reminder for everyone to stay on topic I'm going to start deleting off topic comments.

Anyone who signed up before July 1st 2012 is eligible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best signature of the year is already on the list.

Another reminder for everyone to stay on topic I'm going to start deleting off topic comments.

Anyone who signed up before July 1st 2012 is eligible.
Ok thank you, by signatures does it have to be a signature that you made?

I don't like the idea that anyone be given special titles. We're all part of the forum community, staff only should have titles. Just my opinion.

Disagree.

Award those that show special effort and accomplishment. That's a good thing. Commnities (in the real world) award those for their exemplary achievements.

Those that would not like to be awarded, or happen to disagree with the process, may gracefully bow out of course.
What I meant was that people didn't need a "permanent title" like the staff has. That's all. I'm all for the other award titles. That's cool.

The "permanent" title IS the award. And let's define permanent -- it's for just one year I think -- so hardly permanent.

The "permanent" title IS the award. And let's define permanent -- it's for just one year I think -- so hardly permanent.
The awards are kind of permanent, just like the Packers won the 2011 superbowl, the title doesn't say they are the best team and always will be, but they were the best team in the 2010-2011 season. They keep the title, though.

The awards are kind of permanent, just like the Packers won the 2011 superbowl, the title doesn't say they are the best team and always will be, but they were the best team in the 2010-2011 season. They keep the title, though.

But great analogy. It's a one year thing. Next year it changes, most likely. There can be back-to-back SB winners as I guess there can be back to back winners here, but permanent speaks to forever. It goes for one year then a new champ is crowned.

And the real bottomline is, people deserve special recognition for REAL and TRUE achievement.

Ok thank you, by signatures does it have to be a signature that you made?

We may have to define what we mean in a lot of the titles, so that there would not be any mistake/confusion caused by them. And to answer your question, yes, basically the signature is originally made by you. Somebody cannot claim his/her signature if it was made by others. The signature maker is the one who gets to claim it and is eligible to be nominated.

Well, i'll keep my fingures crossed

GO JOHN FUOLROBERTS

There is no need to cheer the staff members; we are not even eligible for the awards. We will be the ones who nominate members and vote for them. This is an appreciation towards all members event, for keeping this Forums as well and alive as it is.

Last warning to stay on topic. Any off topic comments will receive a warning. This is a thread for the forums annual event not a football discussion.I hate to sound rushed but I'd like all the advice you guys can give by the end of October as that's when we'll start the nominations/voting. So please give any and all input you have. Heres the video of last year so if there's anything you'd like to see added just let me know. https://piratesforums.co/threads/pirates-forums-best-of-2011-winners.5766/

Ps the members who won last year can still win, but not the same award. Also a person may win an award and Member of the Year.

Last warning to stay on topic. Any off topic comments will receive a warning. This is a thread for the forums annual event not a football discussion.I hate to sound rushed but I'd like all the advice you guys can give by the end of October as that's when we'll start the nominations/voting. So please give any and all input you have. Heres the video of last year so if there's anything you'd like to see added just let me know. https://piratesforums.co/threads/pirates-forums-best-of-2011-winners.5766/

Ps the members who won last year can still win, but not the same award. Also a person may win an award and Member of the Year.
Oh, we can't retain titles from last year? ...Time to change my game.

I can't tell if that was a joke or serious. If serious I get the concept, but junky is definitely a little over the top and just chillin in the drama zone of Potco isn't really something worthy of an award.
it was serious o_o and maybe if u dont like that then most addicted gamer?

This thread will be locked around November 10th to finalize the Best of 2012 event. Please give any and all feedback, ideas, etc. ASAP

Don't be shy there are no stupid ideas...[sort of]....jk....Alrighty then thanks to everyone for their participation. The staff will now get to work on the Best of 2012 event.

This thread will now be locked while we make our choices.Ps we have 3 new categories this year

Best Status Updates [Zia Badncool recommended this]
Flirt of the Year [Solomon Warshot recommended this]
Helper of the Year [Will Nightwolf recommended this]Due to the recent realization that I can not study at the last second and maintain a good grade:facepalm: , I regret to inform you all that the forums Best of 2012 event will be postponed until early January. It is still possible to be finished by Dec 23rd, but I don't want to rush any of the staff members otherwise the event will be more work than fun:skullpeak: . After finals I plan to get straight back into this project, but at the moment I just can't fit it into my schedule properly:oops: .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back