POTCO Phase files

Uploading them, will revamp this post once finished... Please be patient.

EDIT: Uploading was successful, read below.

Last edited:
POTCO had 6 "phase files," better called multifiles. (including phase_WL) 7 including phase1.pyd which just contains some .DLLs and a copy of phase1.mf.

do you have any more? i'm pretty sure there were about like 12 or 13 phase files instead of 5
I'm sorry but replacing the phase files in the TTI source won't work. :facepalm:

Just stumbled across this. To shed a bit more light on what each phase was, here's an explanation.

POTCO had 8 files with "phase" in it. The commonly used phrase "phase files" refers to phase's 2-5. These are the main resource assets to the game.

Here's an explanation of each file for the POTCO assets:

phase_1.mf: Contained a copy of the games binary. i.e the main application, and the dlls required for it. This was a windows specific file.
phase_1OSX.mf: Contained a copy of the games binary. i.e the main application, and the frameworks required for it. This was a mac specific file.
phase_2.mf: Game resources.
phase_3.mf: Game resources.
phase_4.mf: Game resources.
phase_5.mf: Game resources.
phase_WL.mf: WhiteList for the game. The WhiteList is a list of every word that can be said in-game.
Phase1.pyd: This is not an extractable multifile. A .pyd is essentially a DLL. These can be imported into the program and executed (i.e "import Phase1" would import it).

If anyone were to take a peek at TLOPO's assets, here's the explanation for each:

phase_1.mf: Encrypted game data.
phase_2.mf: Game resources.
phase_3.mf: Game resources.
phase_4.mf: Game resources.
phase_5.mf: Game resources.

We incorporated the WhiteList into the actual game source, so that would be encrypted and located inside phase_1.mf

Last edited:
I'm so so amazed you guys are able to rebuild the game with the files we all downloaded when we installed the game on our computers years ago. Keep up the great work! Thousands of fans are looking forward to playing :)

Back