Revive POTCO New Year's Blockade!

ElizaCreststeel

Wiki Staff
blockade3.png

This sounds good, but on a side note I recommend doing this during a GM event. If we blockade an event it will get there attention and hopefully pay off as opposed to doing a blockade when mom tangible to the GM's.

This sounds good, but on a side note I recommend doing this during a GM event. If we blockade an event it will get there attention and hopefully pay off as opposed to doing a blockade when mom tangible to the GM's.

That's a good idea. However, the only events these days seem to be weapon giveaways. Players would most likely put getting a famed weapon as their main priority over going to the event. Thus greatly lessening the amount of attendees.

That's a good idea. However, the only events these days seem to be weapon giveaways. Players would most likely put getting a famed weapon as their main priority over going to the event. Thus greatly lessening the amount of attendees.
As far as I know potco has never given away a famed. They usually only give away a rare.

Awww I'm gonna have to travel on this day :sad1:
but seeing pictures would be great...
maybe even a video which will be much more awesome :eek:

Reactions: LEO
That is a "good" idea. Hmmm....

Also, another advantage to this would be that those whom make an effort to "pose" as game developer GM's on the game would be either deterred into not doing so at that time or would blantanly be ignored as a result of both events going on simultanenously at the same time. However, Johnny does bring up a good point considering the loss of attendees due to pirates' greed/attention spans, lol.
:fight:
One thing I personally like about the blockade being promoted on New Year Day is that the day remains somewhat symbolic to do such an event inorder to begin the year anew. *In this respect, January 1 of 2013 would definitely be a day to also promote the reviving claim for POTCO as it shows Disney/DIMG a somewhat "in your face" type attitude that us players are quite "serious" about the long-term acceptance for the need of change concerning POTCO.
:piratemickey:
Also, January 1st is a day to most capture players' attention, being that most people are appropriately out of school during this time or not working at their places of employment.

:piratemickey:
Also, January 1st is a day to most capture players' attention, being that most people are appropriately out of school during this time or not working at their places of employment.

Capturing the players attention may not be enough. Potcos developers barely work as it is so chances are they won't be around during new year's.

Capturing the players attention may not be enough. Potcos developers barely work as it is so chances are they won't be around during new year's.
But unless I am misunderstanding, the hope of the event is to really "unify" POTCO players together in support of the reviving of the game and to also allow everyone to understand that each of us are in this together and not one person nor group is responsible for bringing about positive change for the good of POTCO but, each of us.

To view the event simply as a means to gain's Disney's/DIMG attention is something which we all do hope for but, something which we do not necessarily place all of our faith in neither. But, perhaps this is just how I am viewing it. I may be wrong (as I have been greatly wrong in things before, lol).

When it is all said and done, perhaps an "official" (blockade) video could be made to where it could be sent along to Disney/DIMG officials inorder to provide yet another form of evidence that POTCO players are not necessarily happy with the current livelihood of the game.Also, :eek:...Everyone would be better off to "close" access to their ship (public, friends, and guild) inorder to assure that POTCO game hackers do not attempt to ruin the event by gaining control over our ships!

Last edited by a moderator:
My concern was not as much as getting GM's attention, though any one monitoring game activity will see the spike in server usage etc.

But, moreover - getting more players aware of the petition, getting more signatures and letting them know that the Revive crew is still active and making efforts.

Back