[Server] JFR's Survival Server

Should be updating the jar and Carbon tonight to include most of the 1.8 features. :)
Just for a reference, the following features are still not present yet, the creator of carbon has confirmed everything will be added eventually though.
  • Enchanting & Anvils
  • Armor stands
  • Naturally spawning mobs
  • 1.8 total mob AI
  • New potions
  • Potion brewing recipes
  • Structures
  • Slime blocks moving other blocks
  • /title command
  • Signs in 1.8 work differently then 1.7
  • Clone command
  • Execute command
  • Blockdata command
  • Entitydata command
  • Replaceitem command
  • Stats command
  • Testforblocks command
  • NBT Tag changes
  • Trigger command
  • All new Gamerules
  • Fill command
  • Particle command
  • Spectator gamemode
The things that are relevant to survival are the first seven items in the list. Here is what is currently being worked on for the next update:
  • Enchanting & Anvils
  • Natural spawning mobs
  • Structure generation

So is bukkit still making their servers? and what is Carbon?
We are using a modified version of Bukkit, Spigot. However the Spigot .jar cannot be distrubted because of the DMCA takedown. There is a loophole however that allows modifications to be made to the .jar, Spigot is using this to release bytecode patches that allow for updates to be made without distrubuting the DMCAed jar. You simply run their patch on your copy of the spigot .jar you recieved before the DMCA and it is updated.

Spigot allows for 1.8 clients to connect to 1.7.10 servers through a protocol hack. However when connecting to a 1.7.10 server with a 1.8 client the new items and blocks are unusable because the server is still 1.7.10. Carbon is a plugin that adds 1.8 blocks and items to the 1.7.10 server, through fairly hacky and tricky methods. This allows the use of 1.8 stuff on what is still a 1.7.10 spigot server.
----------------------------------------------​
Decided to decorate my house for Halloween.​
2014-10-10_18.05.06.png

I'm having a bit of a glitch it seems on the server. When its night and I try to go to sleep and skip to day, nothing really changes. Its just me laying in the bed but that's pretty much it. Not sure if anyone else has this problem or if its just me...

I'm having a bit of a glitch it seems on the server. When its night and I try to go to sleep and skip to day, nothing really changes. Its just me laying in the bed but that's pretty much it. Not sure if anyone else has this problem or if its just me...
Yeah this has been happening since the server updated to spigot and carbon. I asked the carbon developers about it and they weren't having any similar problems so I don't really know a way to fix it.

I've been busy and trying to not burn myself out on Minecraft by doing other games like LoL and maybe something more nodded like Pixelmon. Plus I'm sort of waiting for @Batt Gunshot to finish a build I requested which no pressure its just I'm not sure of its progress or such :p

Haha no worries guys :) its all good. ive been really busy too. It would be cool if there was a creative server... in the mean time. we should plan little build parties or something :)

EDIT: Evidently some person filed for a DMCA takedown for Bukkit and it looks like bukkit is no more.... I still have a 1.7.9 build I think. Goodbye Bukkit :(

@John Foulroberts Any clue what will happen now? :)

Last edited:
Haven't been able to get on the server very often lately as school has been keeping me busy. I usually get about one day a week with free time to myself, Saturdays. :cry:
Haha no worries guys :) its all good. ive been really busy too. It would be cool if there was a creative server... in the mean time. we should plan little build parties or something :)

EDIT: Evidently some person filed for a DMCA takedown for Bukkit and it looks like bukkit is no more.... I still have a 1.7.9 build I think. Goodbye Bukkit :(

@John Foulroberts Any clue what will happen now? :)
Spigot (a modified Bukkit) is still updating through bytecode patches, and we have carbon for 1.8 items and blocks, as I said above. Also a new 3rd party server platform is being developed, sponge. It will be a lot like Bukkit, but will improve on the things Bukkit did wrong and also be adding a ton of new features. More here: http://www.spongepowered.org/

Back