Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire - Coming October 27th

It really depends on how you want to play the game.

http://www.swtor.com/free/features/ - Shows the differences between the different account types (Subscriber, Preferred and Free to Play). Generally speaking, Subscribing gives you various quality of life improvements (Such as unlimited Field Revives, the ability to reduce the cool down on Quick Travel and Emergency Fleet Pass to 0 seconds and increased experience gains, etc...) and a monthly cartel coin grant. Cartel Coins is a special in game currency that you typically buy with real money. You can use cartel coins to buy cosmetic items, unlocks, etc...

Personally I Subscribe to the game because I want to support it and help keep it going for as long as possible. If you don't want to subscribe, I suggest at least purchasing some Cartel Coins so you can become Preferred, which is slightly better than Free to Play. With those Cartel Coins you can buy unlocks which closes the gap between Preferred and a Subscriber.

One big benefit of being a subscriber after October 27th is that you will get Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Shadow of Revan, two previous expansions for free. Also you will get the first 9 chapters of Knights of the Fallen Empire, SWTORs latest expansion.

Useful Link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/wiki/f2p - Has a lot of detailed differences between them.
Thx for the information ill defentilly give it a try now

Thx for the information ill defentilly give it a try now
No problem. Amazon has a $40.00 USD SWTOR bundle that includes a 90 Day Subscription, both previous expansions and 2400 Cartel Coins if you are interested. You can find it here. It's a pretty good deal for what all you get with it.

NOTE:
  • Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States.

So how is this game, its been at least a year since i've played. I believe I started when it was new and I just couldn't progress very well. I want to start over and get back into it, so what are your opinions on the game?

So how is this game, its been at least a year since i've played. I believe I started when it was new and I just couldn't progress very well. I want to start over and get back into it, so what are your opinions on the game?
It's a lot easier to get into than it was probably when you first attempted to. They've streamlined the leveling process by only requiring that you do the storyline arc on each planet along with the planet's story arc in order to get to an acceptable level for the next planet and so forth. They've also made multiple available purchases on the Cartel Market that make the leveling process even more easy. You can now buy free level 60s via the Cartel Market for I believe $20? This allows you to skip Chapters 1 -3 and levels 1 - 60 but instead go straight to 60 and the new expansion content.

I personally think that if you felt that if you weren't progressing well previously that you'll find it a much easier process with the changes they've made recently.

(NOTE: The new expansion is available only for subscribers so it'll require a subscription but all previous expansions are free.)

Last edited:
It's a lot easier to get into than it was probably when you first attempted to. They've streamlined the leveling process by only requiring that you do the storyline arc on each planet along with the planet's story arc in order to get to an acceptable level for the next planet and so forth. They've also made multiple available purchases on the Cartel Market that make the leveling process even more easy. You can now buy free level 60s via the Cartel Market for I believe $20? This allows you to skip Chapters 1 -3 and levels 1 - 60 but instead go straight to 60 and the new expansion content.

I personally think that if you felt that you weren't progressing well previously that you'll find it a much easier progress with the changes they've made recently.

(NOTE: The new expansion is available only for subscribers so it'll require a subscription but all previous expansions are free.)
Thanks, it is easier than I remember, and i'm not going to skip, I think that is kind of dumb, I like the story. I'm taking a break from it because my main game is LOTRO and they just came out with a new update, so my focus will be on that until I beat it all.

Man, I took a break from this game for a while. I've really gotten back into it with this expansion. All sorts of fun!

d06f4e0e4813c397bdd025754219c667.png

Back