Still heartbroken over POTCO.

Alaska

Dockworker
I played POTCO since before it was open to the public (I was a Founder), and I'm still heartbroken over the loss of my favorite game of all time. I have spent endless hours looking for a game to replace it, but nothing ever comes to par. If anyone has any VERY similar games or something that you think I would enjoy, please feel free to send it my way.

I love Disney and Pirates of the Caribbean, so that's what intrigued me to join in the first place, but now that it's gone, I literally feel like there's a piece of me missing.
I'd really appreciate any help I can get, even just people to talk to about POTCO and possible new Pirate MMO's.

Much love and light.

You've probably been suggested this before, but have you at least tried Pirates of the Burning Sea? It has a bit steeper learning curve, but it's rewarding never the less. A whole lot of avenues such as choosing your nation, doing economy, PvPing, and more.

Well its really difficult to find a game like POTCO nowadays. POTCO was a game designed by Disney and was aiming for kids, it was old and most games now don't even use such engine and so low quality graphics. I guess a close alternative would be Lord of the Rings Online, I know some people from POTCO have migrated there, not myself though. Some other people from POTCO have migrated to Guild Wars 2, including myself. We have a guild there and its pretty nice. I would certainly recommend that as a game, but its nothing like POTCO. So I'm not sure, you could look into both those games I guess, though you have to buy the key for GW2, but in my opinion its totally worth it since there aren't any other fees or subscriptions later like POTCO had.

Back