Survival Server Progress

Hey all,

As of late, I've really been delving back into Minecraft. I started following the development of the game during its alpha stages, and finally purchased the game around beta 1.5. I played consistently for about a year, but suddenly took a hiatus due to the callings of life. Over the last few months, I've made a comeback... with one change.

Along with all of the learning I've had to do to catch myself up to the current versions of the game, I've had a very special someone join me in my endeavors. Many of you know her as @Kat Five Knives. I've taken her from "AHHHH blocks... those are disgusting, that game is terrible" to "ohhhhh that looks so pretty" and even "I love this game!!" Its been a complete transformation - I've taught her all she knows and I could not be more proud of how far she has come.

Speaking of progress, we've been playing on a little server that I host natively on my machine. It's primarily vanilla survival - we've gone through a couple of worlds, but our current world is the one that I would like to share with you. This world is only a few days old, and we've accomplished so much. We were joined by @Mysterious Man a few days ago who has greatly helped out with the server's development as well.

Without further ado, here are a few snapshots of our wonderful server:

7Soh0qy.png

gTkyaVv.png

BGISh4C.png

CrgG18r.png

7fPus5q.png

gPkOeEC.png

We may be approaching the status of "crazy pet family" ...

odTxXTT.png

QSZ5K9C.png

The cake is definitely a lie.

vc5VcUU.png

3QzKU6n.png

The downstairs has a "red" theme, while the upstairs has a "blue" theme.

yIRxB0N.png

8yuh30C.png

@Mysterious Man's automated egg farm.

cLwAqf6.png

Stables and chicken coop.

JEPjmlY.png

IdlkRSS.png

YgsDyXs.png

txSvqDp.png

SCvuzju.png

@Kat Five Knives' scenic path around the island.

CVNj50Z.png

gKK5ero.png

Can you spot the heart?

If you are genuinely interested in joining us, shoot me a PM with your Minecraft name and I'll give you the IP. The server is not up all the time, but we mainly play at night and sporadically throughout the day. If you do join, we ask that you:
  1. Respect others - this includes their items, their property, and refraining from intentional PVP (we all know accidents happen)
  2. Do not beg for op status.
  3. Consult Kat for landscaping permission and placement advice (not really a rule, but...)
  4. Use chat appropriately. Even if I'm not online, I can still view the server logs. I see everything.
  5. Have fun!
---------------

Member Roster:
JFoulroberts - me (JFR)
Katfiveknives - @Kat Five Knives
xxderp - @Mysterious Man
Rich_Fireskull - @Rich Fireskull
thisdudeabides - @Samuel of D.A.
UndeadKing997 - @Jim Hexskull
Rocketboy227 - @Gastro
SonOfHanni9 - @John Yellowrat
hopkinstm - @Bart Gunshot

---------------

Thanks for looking - I know this was pretty long but I needed to voice my enjoyment. We've been having a great time and have accomplished so much. Its been a thrill.

JFR

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. I might be interested. For me personally, I like small feel servers with people I'm familiar with or just small feel in general. The big overcrowded servers are just too much, I don't understand how all those people want to be on there but okay. It is so hard to find small feel servers that don't close later on, that has been my history of Minecraft for the most part.

This is what your server looks like with the resource pack I use.

Attachments

• 2014-07-08_21.40.24.png
    2014-07-08_21.40.24.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 124
  • 2014-07-08_21.44.48.png
    2014-07-08_21.44.48.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 106
my house on rich's server

Attachments

• 2014-07-10_10.20.12.png
    2014-07-10_10.20.12.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 101
  • 2014-07-10_10.20.24.png
    2014-07-10_10.20.24.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 107
  • 2014-07-10_10.20.36.png
    2014-07-10_10.20.36.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 111
Just implemented chat prefixes and permissions for the server using YML... after MANY headaches!!

Also joining us last night was @Bart Gunshot! Welcome!

Just a note: due to the migration from the Mojang-issued jar to the Bukkit jar, some items or blocks might have been lost. If you've lost something, inform me and I'll restore it for you.

Just whipped up this little icon as well...
server icon.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back